Young Writers Society

The Ringing of the Bells [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:47 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Awww, thanks! I can't believe we really did finish this.

...And now that we've laid this story to rest for ten days, I feel like it might be time to officially start scheming up that sequel. đź‘€ Would you want to scheme that up in this thread for now? We still have a lot of pages before it needs to be locked, so we could theoretically just make this the ooc thread for any RP Duo we do with these two.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4093 Reviews

Reviews: 4093
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:58 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

:D

Oooh...YES!!

I think using thread would be good. :D There's definitely a lot of pages left.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sweet!

So now we just need to plan. :P

It would be fun doing a roleplay duo set after Mage has made his first friend from his actual story—his name is Soul, and it's been a hot second since I last wrote him. Soul's soft with Mage like Harry is, so I could see the two of them either being wary of each other or teaming up five minutes after knowing each other. :P

Soul and Mage are also exploring Medium in search of someone, so it would be pretty easy to plop them out of their world and into somewhere else.

Do you have any ideas for what you want to do on Harry's side of things?
mage

queer and here.

4093 Reviews

Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:47 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Yup :D

Oooh, that does sound like it could be quite something. As for Harry...hmm, I can try and maybe stage this on a day where the gang are all on vacation and set this on one of those vacation planets, possibly with cameos from a few of the others like this one had. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That would be great! If the vacation world is like one giant resort, Soul and Mage would be hilariously out-of-place there. Soul's deathly terrified of water (for a reason I'll hold off on revealing until the roleplay calls for it ;)) and Mage is probably awkward around it because he has fire magic.

(Even if it's not like a resort, just putting the two of them near a giant body of water would be a great way to cause some chaos. :P)
mage

queer and here.

4093 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:52 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Oooohhhh...awesome, cause I have the perfect vacation world and potentially the shenanigans that get them all to said world as well.

Soo....I actually used a vacation world in this month's NaNo project and I ended up detailing things. Its basically a planet about the size of the moon but heavy enough to have the same gravity as Earth pretty much.

Its got one giant continent which is sort of a somewhat circular patch of land on the equator region and the rest is one giant ocean. Its pretty much just a resort, with basically sort of this giant reception area/central building towards the very center of said continent. Its ringed with hundreds of seaside cabins along the coast and the rest of the land is filled with shops and such.

So anyway...this idea I had comes from what Harry was doing there. He was on a vacation for like one day, but he predictable got bored of sitting at the beach and decided to go hunting for pirates on the seas cause well...with a whole bunch of the universe's richest taking cruises around the ocean, pirates ships are a thing. (They're in pretty small numbers and only attack a few hundred people a day or so and since compared to the million odd people on holiday at any one time, the resort just doesn't bother to investigate).

SOo...I was thinking, one of these pirates ships is trying to get to the vacation world. They use a portal creation device. (Portals are allowed to be created to the oceans of this resort world because a lot of people who can afford this like to come in their private ships from their own locations rather than use the public entry portals or fly in through space). So...what if this device malfunctions a bit and while getting to the vacation world, Mage and his friend end up accidentally on the deck of the ship.

Perhaps the pirates then take them prisoner? Harry then happens to be on holiday that day and storms the ship. He'll probably end up letting them capture him so that he can surprise them later so they'll end up meeting in the brig?

Just a scenario that came to me...xD
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:34 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Oooh that scenario sounds great! If we want to change up the last bit to have a fun, chaotic meeting again, Soul and Mage did do a whole thing once where they pretended to be bad guys. It's hilarious because neither one of them are at all, but Soul always wears an intimidating suit of black armor and Mage is a demon—so when they acted evil, no one batted an eye. It might be funny if Mage and Soul got plopped onto the pirate ship and managed to boot the actual ship owners off somehow (maybe by scaring them while fighting them???) but they don't know where they are or how to get to land.

So maybe they've been pretending to be pirates to avoid other pirate ships? And then Harry arrives at the ship, and for whatever reason Soul, who's the on board at the time, just assumes he's a pirate and awkwardly pretends to be one, too. Mage could come up from below deck in oversized pirate clothes and recognizes Harry.
mage

queer and here.

4093 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:59 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Oooooh..I like that. They pirates are mostly about as strong as humans, so a bit of fire would definitely scare them. I think Mage and Soul can definitely get them running away. Potentially just Mage being a demon could be enough. We can say the pirates are superstitious.

Hehe...I could get Harry to do that. Maybe he's dressed up as a pirate randomly and decides to pretend to be a rival pirate. I could even get Stean or James to provide backup. Harry's look might be slightly altered cause he tends to shapeshift to look slightly more human like without the wings and stuff when on vacation so Mage might not immediately recognize him. He might recognize James and Stean and then Harry can shift back into his more normal look.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's perfect! To make things even worse, Mage would 100% try hiding his demon features and maybe most of his hair. >> So there would be lots of fun identity shenanigans!

Do you want to make the roleplay duo? I feel like we have a good start for it already. :)
mage

queer and here.

4093 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:08 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

YES

ANd sure...I can make it. Just need a name. :D

I did have a couple of ideas.

- The Unexpected Vacation
- Phony Pirate Practices (Purely for alliteration purposes)
- What to do When you're Bored on Vacation
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My gut says go for the first one, but my sense of humor says go with the second. :P I'm down for whatever one you want! :)
mage

queer and here.

4093 Reviews

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:44 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Sorry it took me a little longer than I expected. Had some unexpected work today.

Went with the second in the end....the temptation of the alliteration was too much and it is up!! Do you wanna go first?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:23 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's okay! I've had a busy day, too, so I totally understand. <3

Also that image in the duo has to be hands down my favorite roleplay edit ever. :P It's so fitting!

I'd love to go first! I'm currently in the middle of working on NaNo, but I can definitely switch gears sometime in the next hour and start that post~
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I posted! It was fun figuring out how Mage and Soul would handle getting yeeted onto a pirate ship.

I'm also not sure how well I described Soul, but he's a tall guy in a suit of all black knight armor. He has bright blue eyes that look odd, like they're almost not real.

And you already know what Mage looks like. :P
mage

queer and here.

4093 Reviews

Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:10 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Awesome!! And thank youu, glad you liked the edit :D

I posted too!! :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

"Yesterday you said tomorrow, so JUST DO IT."
— Shia Labeouf