The Chiaroscuro Technique OOC

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:59 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

The Roleplay

For the roleplay duo by @SilverNight and @Carina

Last edited by SilverNight on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:09 am
View Likes
Carina says...

HELLO I AM HEREEEEE

i'll try to put up a post tomorrow :') should i drop the same profile here? maybe copy pasta the one from the rp lol? or make one up it dun matter
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

135 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:14 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

That’s a good question! Do you think her current one is still relevant? She does come straight from the caves, so not much would have changed for her :0

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:20 am
View Likes
Carina says...

true that!! here it be then ~

also LOL not me changing her appearance cuz i am indecisive baby

Spoiler! :
Name: Mel
Race: Human
Appearance: Healthy weight, average height, curvy and a little muscular. Bronzey dark skin dotted with a slightly freckley face that, upon close inspection, are actually just a bunch of sunspots. Devious smile and bright golden brown eyes that glint in the light. Curly, frizzy voluminous black hair, extending just past her shoulder blades. In this roleplay, she'll be wearing her school uniform. It's not anything anyone would recognize, but it looks like a uniform, and given her age it's presumed to be for school.
Items (Max of 5 major items): Mel frequently carries a small beige sling bag with various items. In it, you can find a notepad/pencil from classes, a pack of matchsticks, white ribbons she uses to tie up her hair, an almost-full water pouch, and various snacks (none that anyone would recognize, but they sort of look like weird vegetable granola bars).
Strengths: Brave and courageous are two words that would come to mind to those who know Mel. She constantly craves an adventure and is not afraid to get outside of her comfort zone. Mel has little anxiety, so if something bad does happen, she's quick to adapt and reacts appropriately. She does so pretty creatively too, seldom falling into routine or repetition. She is also great at lying and decepting others, although she almost never lies to people she trusts. This skill pairs well with her ability to control light particles/photons.
Weaknesses: Not many things scare Mel, but she does get uneasy being alone in the dark for a long period of times. She dislikes being heavily dependent upon, and when she is, she either freezes up and falters, or she owns it and crushes it. There doesn't seem to be an inbetween. She can also be passive and docile, but she's been telling herself this past year that she will learn to stand up for herself and have her own voice. She's still trying to discover herself, but given her life circumstances, she doesn't really know who she is. She feels as though her life circumstances have numbed her to what she's "supposed" to be and "supposed" to like, hate, fear, or love, and it's because of this that she can be apathetic or stoic or times.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

135 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:30 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Awesome! Once I’ve linked this thread to the roleplay and vice-versa, I will rework Nikolai’s for this setting c:

silver (she/they)

135 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:23 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Here we go!

Spoiler! :
Name: Nikolai Sokolov (Niko and Kolya are both nicknames, but often aren’t used by most outside of his family)
Race: Human
Appearance: Nikolai has dark brown hair of short length that can be a little messy because all he does to make it stay neat is keep it in a swept-back style. His eyes are a deep green, about the color of pine tree needles. He’s on the tall side at five feet and eleven inches, long-limbed and just a bit wiry. Nikolai’s got rather pale skin, since there isn’t much sun in Russia. His outfit might stand out a little, with his long, dark coat with gold edges that seems a bit like a robe. He also often wears a dark teal shirt of some kind and black pants, as well as dark riding boots for when he goes out. More often than not, you’ll find him wearing a light blue crystal necklace that seems to be glowing faintly. For reference.
Items:When he’s out and about, Nikolai always carries a leather pouch with him. It holds about a dozen small blue glass balls that could pass as marbles if they weren’t glowing, as well as a small notebook, some money, and what seems like a pencil but also appears a little off.
Strengths:Nikolai is compassionate, friendly, and empathetic, and he has an instinctive desire to take care of and look after those who are vulnerable, even if he’s only met them recently. He’s very creative and artistically talented, and often comes up with plenty of new ideas. Additionally, Nikolai’s able to speak English and a bit of French as well as Russian.
Weaknesses: Nikolai’s shyness often gets in the way of talking to other people, and he’s got a lot of social anxiety (which isn’t so terrible in you live in the middle of nowhere at least). A lot of things make him scared, even if they’re non-threatening, and so it’s not unusual for him to have a panic attack over something. When that happens, there will be a lot of freaking out and stuttering from him. It’s also really easy to hurt his feelings due to his sensitivity.

silver (she/they)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:41 am
View Likes
Carina says...

SWEET!!

so for mel's intro post -- i'l'l have her wake up on the snow (lol) in front of the cabin, then knock on the door. can i assume the cabin looks like the one in this thread here? :p
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

135 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:46 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Absolutely! They’re practically identical. c:

silver (she/they)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:28 am
View Likes
Carina says...

boom! first post done!

mel hate da cold and hate da dark lol (i assumed its night for drama, hope das ok)

WAKEY WAKEY, NIKO
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

135 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:56 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

he has risen from his slumber

also he's very confused

enjoy the chaos

silver (she/they)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:15 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

ommGggg YOU PUT MY HALF-ASLEEP INTRO TO SHAME LOL I love it thank u tank u

also me, 👀'ing when niko picked up pencil
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

135 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:24 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

asdfghjkl thank you thank you I loved your post too ;-;

maybe cuz that's his idea of a weapon 👀

silver (she/they)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:19 am
View Likes
Carina says...

asdkfjskdfj ohOhohoho

also don't mind mel being all "??????? ok anyways, imma invite myself in"
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

135 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:27 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

muahahahaha

i simply cannot wait for his reaction so watch me get started 👀

silver (she/they)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:28 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I SIT AT THE EDGE OF MY SEAT
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind