z

Young Writers Society

The Prologue [DT]

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:35 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

The characters you use for this RP will be used in the next RP as well, so choose wisely. I advise picking someone you think would have a decent dynamic with one or more of the other members of the cast, be that a positive or negative dynamic.

Scheming ahead of time is encouraged. Tell us about the characters you're all considering!

I'm still unsure, personally, who I'm going to use, so I want to know who everyone else is dying to write, and what those characters are like if I haven't met them before.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:51 am
View Likes
yosh says...

heyyyyyy cyr! I was thinking about what character I should choose and I think I have one.

I'm still a little confused on the plot of this, so could you explain in a little more detail? Is this a little bit like the arcade version of The Tavern except with some plot behind it?
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

95 Reviews

Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:00 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Yeah, basically! Except your character will feel as though they belong here, they meant to come here, even if they can't really remember the trip, and even if their world is wildly different than anything that would involve an arcade like this.

They'll also somehow know how to use the arcade machines and all that, which I should've mentioned. It'll be like they've been here before, but they just don't remember, if that makes sense.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi! I'd love to join this. :)

(I still need to figure out who I'd write for, but I really want to do this roleplay and can figure it out after class today.)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:03 pm
View Likes
TheRealEuphoria says...

I’d like to join this pls :)
"Our life is one big, proverbial coin toss." -Damon Salvatore

95 Reviews

Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:09 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

@TheRealEuphoria and @Magebird, welcome one and all!

he/they

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:20 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

i aM... . CONSIDERING joining w/Aumrauth - who, for those unfamiliar, is basically just a chaotic evil mad scientist but instead of science it's dark magic - BUT I have no idea if that's even remotely fitting to the vibes of this LOL

it could also be fun to grab a minor character of mine who is a bit underdeveloped but yo no se
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@TheRealEuphoria, I can't wait to write a roleplay with you! It'll be cool after doing a storybook together. c:

@soundofmind, seeing Ruthie in an arcade would be hilarious. :P But I'd love to see more of your minor characters, too!

After doing a major bingeread of my old roleplays this morning, I think I settled on two characters who would really fit this kind of story. I might end up changing my mind before I actually post, but I'm thinking of using my characters Lorcan and Juniper. The two of them have a great friendship dynamic that I really need to explore more, and I'd love to write their banter in the arcade. c:
mage

queer and here.

11 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:52 pm
View Likes
TheRealEuphoria says...

You too, @MageBird! :)

If any of you have followed along with The Order (One of my Sb’s) I was going to use Nubia. :)

11 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:59 pm
View Likes
TheRealEuphoria says...

Except, I fancy her at an older age, so for this RP she’ll be about 19.

95 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:58 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I'm not familiar with Nubia, what's she like? I'd like to pick a character of mine whom she might have a fun dynamic with, either a positive of negative one.

Worst case, I pick Connery and everyone hates him because there is no one more hateable than Connery, but then again, idk how much I want to write him.

he/they

4095 Reviews

Reviews: 4095
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:28 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Oooh...I would love to be a part of this!! Is there still an empty spot?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

95 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:36 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

We've only got five writers so far, including myself, so I suppose we could take on one more. We may have to stop taking on writers after this tho, because I'm not the most experienced at running RPs and I'd like to keep it manageable to some degree.

he/they

4095 Reviews

Reviews: 4095
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:48 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Yay!!

I'll thrown in a couple then...I've got two sibling pairs I've been dying to write...and I guess I'll pick one when I figure out which pair would fit in with this crowd better...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm lowkey considering switch out Lorcan and Juniper with another character I've only written a little bit here on YWS (I've written him more on a roleplaying server) but I think I'll wait to see who everyone else is considering before I decide for sure.
mage

queer and here.

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held