z

Young Writers Society

The Prologue [DT]

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:10 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Yea, if everyone could give a brief description of their character's personalities that would make the choice a lot easier for all of us.

The character I plan to default to is Queenie if I don't have anyone who can work better. She's...used to faking her personality, so to your characters, she'll likely be friendly, mildly to moderately helpful, but generally pretty forgettable. That is, unless there's someone there who has already seen her actual personality, in which case she won't bother with a 'disguise'.

Also, to elaborate on the premise of this RP, if you've seen the first episode or so of Wandvision, the way that reality feels in this RP is like how it seems to feel for Wanda in those first couple episodes. Like, it's real to them, but the moment they start questioning it there are holes, and it doesn't make sense, but then they snap back into the trance.

If that makes sense.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That definitely makes sense!

I'm not the best at describing personalities, but I'll try to describe what my original pair and what my alternative character are like. c:

Juniper is the younger sister of one of my other characters, and I think the annoying younger sister is a good way to describe her personality. She's friendly, intrigued by all things magical, and loves teasing her best friend Lorcan. There's one specific thing that she likes to tease him a lot about, but I'll save that for the actual roleplay. :)

(Anyone who's already met Lorcan would probably be able to guess it.)

Lorcan, on the other hand, comes across as a little more reserved. He definitely has a culture barrier when it comes to modern Earth that Juniper doesn't have, so he often plays the role of the quiet observer when he can. But when he's not, he's pretty awkward and nice.

He's also great at swordfighting and survival in the wilderness, which makes him absolutely useless in an arcade. :P

That's the first pair that I was considering. I think the appeal of them is their dynamic. I'm not sure how well they would do if they were separated, but I think Juniper could be pretty entertaining if she ended up on her own at any point.

The other character I'm considering is someone going by the name Sky. I think @soundofmind might be the only one who knows him here? He's a sweetie - and also really shy. He might come across as a little intimidating appearance-wise, but he couldn't hurt a fly.

(Literally. He hates hurting animals.)

This kind of setting doesn't fit him at all, but I love the idea of writing him again after rereading an old roleplay he was in. I think he'd be really cute with whoever we end up putting in this. I know that Queenie already adopts shy kiddos and that @HarryHardy's character probably would, too, so I'm starting to seriously consider writing Sky instead.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:03 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Ahh...so I've been considering a couple of pairs for this...they're both pretty much polar opposites but both quite fun to write.

So the first pair is Stean and Shania Stakes...

These two are also Alpha Pack members to those who know what that is and they're trained superheroes that are pretty darn powerful. They're not quite at the level of Harry or Chudnofsky and immortal and whatnot but they're pretty confident in dealing with most situations and know have to handle themselves.

Stean is the slightly more rule following one that tends to be quite friendly and usually gets along with a lot of people. He can be shy with strangers a little if he's along but that wouldn't matter if he's around his sister.

Shania is definitely the mischievous younger sister that likes to wreak havoc with reason. If things feel off in this world she would probably be more likely to be serious about things but otherwise she does goof off. She's also really friendly and has no shyness at all when it comes to talking to people a rarity among my characters

The other two and Susan and Daphne Danvers.

I've been leaning more towards these two the more I think about it. These two are just an adorable pair of high schoolers...who I've been dying to write as they're meant to be, twins that just so happen to be deceased and working to get a second shot at life as per TSCPFUED (The Second Chance Protocol For Unnaturally Early Deaths Name not finalized).

These two are both quite shy around people and very much adorable...or so I've been told from the roleplay and storybook they're in...so together it'll be double that. They're going to be a lot more awkward talking to people not to mention they very likely to start crushing hard on any attractive girl they run into.

They've also got some powers...not powers but more like just sort of perks of being dead I suppose but they barely know how any of it works and they're go to move with danger is running and screaming.

So...yeah that's the two pairs I'm considering...I'm leaning slightly more towards the Susie and Daph...what would you guys want to see more?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

95 Reviews

Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:53 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"...not to mention they very likely to start crushing hard on any attractive girl they run into" I feel the need to mention that Queenie is a 6' tall ballerina with blonde curls down to her ankles who is not very nice to anyone who takes a fancy to her. Idk if she's at all their type, but that could be potential comedy

It looks like we have quite a few people here considering pretty shy characters.

I should probably mention that this will not be an entirely peaceful RP. Some secrets will be revealed about basically everyone. That may or may not influence your decision.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:00 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Oooh that's perfect! If I do Sky, he definitely has some secrets he wouldn't want shared. :)

(Lorcan technically does, too, but he's more open with them.)

And even though Sky is shy, he'll interact with the other characters - he's good about getting over his shyness. He just might be a quiet, awkward mess. :P
mage

queer and here.

4075 Reviews

Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:06 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Hmm...well Daph and Sue will definitely try to hide the fact that they're dead which would be a massive secret lol...but Stean and Shania would definitely have a lot more secrets though and if it looks like they'll be too many shy people, they'd definitely work for me too.

I'd have gone for peeps that are more confident...well specifically the duo I used in The Tavern but they're far too powerful to get sucked into a place with no memory and not know what's going so it just wouldn't work.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

95 Reviews

Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:35 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Dont' worry about the secrets too much. Honestly, the narrative won't surround the idea of them having secrets, it's just that any secrets they do happen to have will be most likely be revealed. Just focus on having characters that you want to write and who you think will work well in a group (and I mean 'work well' as in 'be fun and entertaining for both writers and readers' not necessarily 'actually cooperative')

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:47 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Then I think I'll go with Sky after all. :)
mage

queer and here.

4075 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:39 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

It probably took way too long for me to decide...but I've settled on using Daphne and Susan for this.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:52 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

AHHHH im so sorry i forgot to subscribe to this and i JUST got here

i mostly caught up on the DT

uh since you all are using shy characters, should i maybe use amoku? i know i use him in so many roleplays, but he's basically the opposite of shy

cause every other character i have is either shy, insecure, or both

OR i could just entirely create and design a character?

whadda you guys want

if i design a new character i can make 'em even more arrogant than amoku . . .
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

95 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:59 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I...don't think I've ever met Amoku, but from your description, it sounds like he'd be pretty good for this rp. The fact that you use him pretty often could work to your advantage, as well, if someone else happens to use a character who's already met him.

I, myself, may just be using a character whom I also use in basically everything because she's kinda a social chameleon when she tries to be and when there's no one there who has witnessed her actual personality.

he/they

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:00 am
View Likes
yosh says...

I think amoku is part of mage's "the tavern"

and you're in that, right?
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

95 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:55 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I'm skimming tbh. Not really paying attention.

he/they

4075 Reviews

Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:10 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Heyy Everyone!!

Dropping in here to give a heads up!! This roleplay has been moved to the archives because there hasn't been any activity in it for the past six months.

Don't worry, this doesn't have to be permanent. If y'all want to start this up again, just let one of the roleplay moderators know and we'll move if right back. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles