z

Young Writers Society

Unyielding Stroke [OOC]

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:39 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Oops! We can always say they can't find anything they can use to cut down a tree-- it's not unreasonable to say there aren't any axes around, and that way you wouldn't have to think of anything too dramatic but of course if you wanna do that anyway, that is fiiiiine. :P

And that's totally alright! <3
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:39 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

It also takes a long time for one axe to get through a good sized tree.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:24 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Good ideas, @SilverNight and @RavenLord! I might have them get interrupted to make things more dangerous and interesting, but it might also be good if it takes them awhile to find an axe or something like it. :)

Also, I posted! I'm sorry Levi is being the way he is right now. >> He's a salty boi and bad at hiding the salt once he spends a long period of time with other people.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

135 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:13 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

@Magebird, what could I have Sky pick up if she goes searching around in one of the stalls further off? I'd be happy to post, although I want to make sure that whatever she finds (if she does find something) is a plausible and reasonable item to have there!

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:39 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Good question, @SilverNight! I don't really have much in mind right now, so it might be easier for you to suggest what you want Sky to have and me to say what it'd look like. c:

Then again, there's probably some basic camping gear! I think @Vil had Emma mention flint & steel + pots/pans in their last post, so maybe Sky could find that!
mage

queer and here.

135 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:18 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Alright! I suppose she could try looking for pans, although I think something she’d really want more is any fabric garment that can act as a layer. That goes double if they’re planning on camping outside. Sky’s hoping for something warm or waterproof, and she’d be happy if she found something (like a long piece of a suitable kind of fabric) that they could use to set up a tent-like shelter. Plenty of markets sell clothes and fabric, so could she come across a stall of those?

silver (she/they)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:39 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That sounds like a great idea! I'm down for clothes and fabric. Maybe some of the clothes aren't really in a good condition, but there's lots of fabric left in the stalls?
mage

queer and here.

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:46 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

I saw I was tagged in my notifs and it took me 30 minutes to find it. I really need to turn up my screen brightness, but it's dark in my room and I like it that way XD

There's also water to look out for! Even if it's not the cleanest-- boil it and add three drops of bleach. Easy peasy!
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

135 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:48 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Okay, I think I can make that work! Maybe the clothes are folded up and on display, leaving the ones on top more exposed to the elements (the ones below would be better off although not perfect), and the fabric is all rolled up on shelves and better stored. If that’s fine, I’ll work on a post soon! And maybe another character could look for water like @Vil suggested. :P

silver (she/they)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's perfect, @SilverNight! c:

And looking for water sounds like a great idea. :) If someone drags Levi along to look for water, things might get a little interesting. >>
mage

queer and here.

135 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:57 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

c:

Interesting is always good. >>

silver (she/they)

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:13 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

late to converstation, my bad, but looking for fabrics sounds fun! Honestly, I think Jam would also volunteer to look for water as he feels kind of useless here -- even though he's read plenty of apocalyptic books, not too many describe how to get supplies.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

135 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:24 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Sounds good! :P

Someone tell me why I can quickly and easily write a 800+ word RP post, but then I try to rewrite a single paragraph of my novel and my brain goes no.

silver (she/they)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@SilverNight that's a mood.

Also, I love Sky's interaction with the husk! It did a great job capturing how unsure she was of the situation.

And I'm 100% down for Jam dragging Levi off to get water, @EditorAndPerks! :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:44 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Do you want to post next, @EditorAndPerks? Then I can have Levi getting dragged off with Jam in search of water. :P

I also don't have a specific plot point in mind, but I feel separating the group would be just the perfect way to switch into some kind of action or discovery. >>

(It's just a vague feeling in my head right now, but I know I'll come up with something if I sit on it for a bit/in the moment of the reply. :P)
mage

queer and here.

It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.
— Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian