Young Writers Society

Unyielding Stroke [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This is the third roleplay DT I've made today after writing up three new roleplays, so my brain is a little fried at this point. >>

But hi! I'm Mage. I'm not exactly sure where this story came from, but I'm really excited to tell it with whoever joins this roleplay. I also have some fun things in store when it comes to the story's plot, so I hope you enjoy this story as much as I do!

If you have any questions about the roleplay, let me know. I'd be happy to clear things up. c:
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:25 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Alright, I think I might join all three of these with different characters <.<

So, this one, since it's set in a post-apocalyptic world, I think I'll pick James Harrison, who will be known as Jam, lol. Yes, every one of my characters will have a name-related "codename" or "nickname" aha. But, I think he's the one that'll be most reactive to all the weird old buildings & things like that.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:35 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Your new roleplays look so cool, Mage that I simply have to join this one! I have the perfect character best suited for this!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Jam sounds really interesting, @EditorAndPerks! I can't wait to learn more about him as this story progresses~

And thank you for the compliment, @Valkyria! I can't wait to learn more about your character, too. <3 <3

I'll go add both of you to the cast list in this roleplay, too. c:

I was toying with the idea of writing a specific character in this roleplay, but I'm not sure I'll go through with it. I might have to wait a bit before I get my character description up. >>
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:14 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Hey there! I think I'll join this one first, possibly gonna hit up another one soon. We shall see. I'm still deciding on who to use, but I'll let you know asap!
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the roleplay, @RavenLord! I can't wait to see who you come up with. c:
mage

queer and here.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:22 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

I'd like to join this one too, if that's alright! I'll either use a character I've already come up with (I'd still need to choose), or create a new one. This seems really exciting! c:
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:23 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Quick question: Do the buildings appear differently to each character depending on what world they're from, to keep with the familiarity you describe?
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:29 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

I'd like to give this RP try!
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Welcome to the roleplay then, @SilverNight and @Vil! <3

@RavenLord, they should appear the same for everyone! I wrote the first post with the assumption everyone was from Earth/human-centric world, so the buildings were familiar because of the similar style. They probably wouldn't feel as familiar to your character if they're from somewhere else.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I completely forgot I had already picked a character for this, so I just neatened up the description that I already had for him and posted it in the actual roleplay. I'm going to get started writing posts for this and the other roleplays I made today, so hopefully I'll have a post up soon! c:

(Also, feel free to stick with the simplified description I had in my post! You're free to use a template, too, but the minimum you need to include is your character's appearance.)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I apologize for the triple post, but I posted over in the roleplay! I wasn't sure if I would be able to write up my post right after posting my little blurb for Levi, so I played things safe and posted them separately. But feel free to post them in the same post! I just wanted to make sure mine was up so I didn't have to dig for that description later. c:
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:39 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I love this group already! Even though they haven't really interacted with each other, I can see some great group dynamics happening down the line.

@RavenLord, I have absolutely no idea what Gideon could be, but I'm really excited to find out as the story progresses. >>

@Vil, I thought Dorothy's name sounded familiar when I saw your profile pre-information being added! I'm really curious about Dorothy and Emma's connections, and how they'll react when they're already from a story similar to this.

@Valkyria, I have no idea what story Bree is from, so I'm definitely intrigued by your first post.

@SilverNight, I thought Sky sounded familiar!! I was just thinking about The Bard's Concerto the other day. It's a shame it hasn't started yet, but I'm happy that I can see her in action here!

And @EditorAndPerks, Jam seems great so far! I love how he ended up in his favorite genre. :P
mage

queer and here.

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:55 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Thanks!

Oo, yay! Similar story! c:

Winthrop is my favorite from D/A, and Emma's my favorite from America Gone, so I thought I'd just throw them in here and see how they react to alternate Americas + this RP c:
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Oooh, cool! I love how there's already a disconnect between those two. I'm sure things are only going to get more confusing now that Levi brought up his version of the United States. :P

Which might be Sky's, too?

Also, @RavenLord, I just reread your post and think I might have an idea on what Gideon is:

Gideon extended a long finger and tapped a small lever positioned just inside his ear. Feedback whined for a moment, then muffled voices came into focus:

That sounds suspiciously like a robot or cyborg thing. >>
mage

queer and here.

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White