Young Writers Society

Budding Ark [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I haven't posted just yet, but I had an image in my head for what the notes are going to look like and wanted to post it here before I forgot.

of course, i can't find the actual image buuuut-

I've been obsessed with playing Genshin Impact lately, and occasionally the players can stumble onto little forgotten camps. I was imagining this one specific one that I accidentally walk by all the time, but I can't find screenshots online and I'm not on my phone right now. I'll probably hop onto Genshin later just to get a screenshot. >>

But here's some similar camps !!

Spoiler! :

edit: oh hey!! fifth page. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted! I think some of the books might be random books that the last people here had on them when they suddenly ended up on this world, but I think at least one of them was a blank notebook that has some writing in it. I'm also down for including whatever everyone wants in the bag the last group left behind!

What should we have in it?
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:37 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

HhHhrrrrmmrmMm well I assume that everyone's main goal is to figure out how to return to their world right? what kind of clues wud we gets
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Good question. >>

I was thinking that the clues could be in a notebook? Like the notebook could be a diary log of the previous group's experiences, while the bag itself just has some useful survival stuff/fun items.
mage

queer and here.

4099 Reviews

Reviews: 4099
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:57 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Oh I like the direction this is going. A diary of clues could be nice. Maybe we can even say its in some alien language and only Chudnofsky can read it? Just to make it more complicated?

As for random fun stuff...and survival stuff...a few suggestions...maybe like a partial map of the place that someone tried to draw? Empty water bottle? And for the fun stuff maybe there's a random tennis racket or something...whoever got sent here earlier was coming home from playing tennis maybe...Idk...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:48 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Oooh that might be fun, @HarryHardy! I do think there has to be something automatically translating everyone right now, but I'm down for a special language that only one person can read.

Alternatively, it still is a special language, but through the power of Plot everyone can read it - they just see that it's different than anything they've ever seen.

Also, I like those ideas! Is there anything you really want to give Chudnofsky? I thought it would be nice to give everyone something that would either be useful to them or a fun little pick-me-up, just as a treat. :)

(Plus, it gives us a fun way to flesh out their characters a bit!)
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:46 am
View Likes
Carina says...

ahaha I think it'd be fun if there were items that would socially bring the characters together, like aged wine or something lol

but also, thinking ahead: what kind of clues would be in the notebook? maybe a map to a portal across the wilderness or something? maybe cryptic riddles to solve?
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I love the idea of something like aged wine! It would be really fun writing Lee trying to decide if he wants to drink from it - he's very much like me when it comes to having trouble wrapping his head around being an adult, so there might be a little hesitation.

And a map might be good! Alternatively, the book describes some landmarks that the group was checking out, and offhandedly mentions an area that they planned to check out the next day in the last set of entries. We can even hint at some sort of crisis happening that made them leave behind their belongings - like hearing weird noises that led to a monster attack, seeing a really bad storm on the horizon, etc.
mage

queer and here.

4099 Reviews

Reviews: 4099
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:37 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Way too late to reply but all of those sound pretty good...landmarks especially make a lot of sense...maybe some kind of journal type thing there...that could include potential creepy monster noises and the like. And probably some kind of return portal that'll take them back seems the most convenient way to get them back here.

Should we maybe make a little list here of the items?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Don't worry about it, @HarryHardy! You're not too late at all. :)

And I like that idea! c:

Just for kicks, I think it would be really fun if there was a tea set somewhere nearby. Lee makes a killer tea - I'd love for him to make tea for everyone at some point as a bonding exercise. :)
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:44 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

my brain is mush but I support a list and bonding exercises for the night before they adventure out to return home
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I just realized it's been awhile since I posted in here whoops-

As of right now, this is what we want our mysterious set of supplies/bag to have:

• the bag itself
  • a tea set
  • a diary with landmarks for our group to follow
  • a bottle of aged wine

@Carina, @EditorAndPerks, and @HarryHardy, do you have any character-specific items you want me to add to the list? Like how I added the tea set so Lee could make tea - just fun little pick-me-ups for the characters/something that might be able to influence the roleplay's plot somehow.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I just realized I forgot to mention this in my last post, but @Corvid, let me know when you want to add your character in! :)

(I'm also totally okay if you decide you don't want to do this roleplay after all! It's really up to you. I just wanted to ask now so I didn't forget to later on. c:)
mage

queer and here.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:49 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Ooh! Honestly all Peanut wants are pencils or pens aha.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:01 am
View Likes
Carina says...

hrrmm maybe a notepad with pencil or something

i'm so sorry evaline just.. gonna be strategic and will study the heck outta those diaries and will draw notes/sketches to help them leave lmao
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien