Young Writers Society

Aureate Hollow [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'll wait to post again until there's more posts, but I loved reading Hester's reaction to the shaking - I can't wait to see her reactions to what happens later, too. >>
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted!

Everyone technically went through the same thing Edward just did, but he was too caught up in the events of my post to notice everyone else is still with him.

Also, the picture at the end of my last post is from the anime Somali and the Forest Spirit! Please ignore the little figures in it - those are characters from the show. I just thought the landscape in that scene was absolutely gorgeous, and just had to use it in this roleplay. c:
mage

queer and here.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:28 pm
View Likes
rida says...

Ok, I apologise for not sending it here first but.... I wanna join this role play too and I was thinking we add a new character: forest. She is 11, an orphan and incredibly smart for her age. She has powers: she has, to some extent, control over nature. She does assassination jobs for princes (and sometimes princesses) royals, rebels, anyone, as long as she is paid. The place all the characters fell into can be a REALLY dangerous and magical area where some strange creatures dwell and mysteries are living in this forest. A witch lives here too, she’s the only part human to live here. Forest was sent to kill her. Forest thinks the witch is dead, but she escaped and will be introduced later where she helps them to uncover a few secrets. Forest tries to kill the characters, obviously they survive. She runs away to the person who asked her to kill the witch: a wizard. The wizard learns about the humans and asks Forest to befriend them and gain information. This time he threatens to kill her if she doesn’t.
Um, I read an advice by a really famous author and He said that we should know our ending first, so that we can take the reader away from the ending so that the ending comes as a huge surprise. I’m.... not sure wether we need to implement it here too. I don’t know much about this, sorry. Again, I apologise for not sending this here first.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi, @rida! It's great to see a new face in the RP Realm! <3

In the future, though, please post in the DT before joining a roleplay. c: It helps the person running the roleplay figure out how to add a new character without altering the plot they already have - as well as make sure there's actually room for another person at that point in the story.

(I actually mentioned posting in the DT in the rules post of the roleplay.)

5. You're free to have your character guess what the plot is, but don't make any plot-altering decisions with talking about with me first. You can PM me or chat in our discussion topic if you have an idea - I love scheming! c:

(It would also be really helpful if you said you were joining over in that thread, rather than in a post here. :))

This is actually one of the few roleplays I have that is already mostly plotted out, and your post actually goes against what I have planned. I definitely wouldn't mind including forest in this roleplay, but can you please go back and edit your post so she appeared in the forest and then fell down with everyone else?

Forest's story could still work, but she would just be from another world and that would be the plot of the story she was originally from. Alternatively, if you don't want to be a part of this roleplay after reading this DT post, I completely understand! We have completely different story ideas, so you might not be interested in the story I have in mind.

Your roleplay idea sounds really interesting, though, so I highly recommend making it into its own roleplay! I can PM you either tonight or tomorrow about how to turn that story idea into a roleplay. c:

Just let me know here in the DT if you want to edit your post or make a brand new roleplay of your own!

Also, this just reminded me: I forgot to set this roleplay to closed. >> It's okay to have a new character now because the plot is only just starting and we have a small cast, but I definitely don't think we can add anyone else.

Edit: This roleplay is now set to closed!
mage

queer and here.

47 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:57 am
View Likes
rida says...

Thanks! I’ll edit Forest to make it seem like she couldn’t find the people and she fell down very close to them

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:13 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Ope Hester's gonna go into Mom Mode.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This is a little late, but your edited post looks great, @rida! Who wants to post next? I would, but I just went before rida. >>

And yes to Mom Mode!Hester!
mage

queer and here.

47 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:53 am
View Likes
rida says...

Who’s gonna post next? After @editorandperks?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's a good question, @rida! I think it would be good if @GrandWild went next so we can see what Hester thinks of the fall, but then I can post after that. :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted!

Before I start moving this plot along, I wanted to give the characters a chance to talk a little more - especially now that Forest has joined the group. I think I'll have another thing happen after another round or two of posts, but it really depends on how the conversation goes between the characters. c:
mage

queer and here.

47 Reviews

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Valkyria can go next if she wants to! :)

We usually don't have a specific order for posts, but I try not to post too many times in a row so people who haven't posted as much don't fall behind with their characters. If you want to reply now, feel free to, @rida!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:42 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I know I'm not going next, but Edward's reaction is going to be absolutely hilarious. :P The poor guy has already been really confused by the whole group, but he's going to be even more confused now that Forest spoke. >>

also him being described as a man made me laugh because this is the youngest i've ever written edward before and he's not quite an adult yet
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted! It was just as entertaining writing Edward's reaction as I thought it would be. He's probably just going to end up being confused this entire roleplay at the rate we're going. :P
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

(The plants are actually pretty harmless, but I'm definitely down for having everyone think they're dangerous!)
mage

queer and here.

All we can do is our best, and hope that it was enough.
— CandyWizard