Young Writers Society

Roll for Initiative [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@soundofmind, I think there's room right now! I'll close the roleplay after you join, but we should be able to slip another character.

If your character is already from D&D, my one request is that you have them be from a different world. I admit I was imagining D&D-ifying non-D&D characters when I first made this roleplay, but it looks like a lot of the characters are from D&D-esque worlds right now.

(Also, I love Kiirion and would be very happy for him to be in this!!)

You don't have to do this if you don't want to, but you can always throw Kiirion as something other than an elf/cleric to throw him off a bit. >>
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:20 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I woulda gotten this up this morning but the wifi was out all morning and I couldn't. But, Connery and Bobby. From Bobby's perspective because those of you who know Connery probably know exactly what he's thinking and writing in his style just wasn't something I could do this morning.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

95 Reviews

Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:12 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Apologies for the double post but I just realized that y'all are all putting in...helpful characters. Ya know, people who could actually contribute to the plot more than, like, once on accident. Meanwhile I'm over here like 'have a terrified liar and a drama queen so self-centered he wouldn't be able to tell who the BBEG was if they were in the middle of an evil monologue with the whole party tied up and otherwise retrained after the BBEG beat them to bloody pulps'

I cannot express how useless connery is

I am so sorry

he/they

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:30 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I'm excited, actually @TheMulticoloredCyr! Sometimes it can be fun to have characters who may or may not actively inadvertently sabotage the plot.

I've also really enjoyed reading all the posts so far :) I figured that I would wait for the other intros before I posted again (if that's okay <.< )
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:22 am
View Likes
Carina says...

YAY SOUND! also, wolfe and I have dnd-inspired characters too :) I made a character sheet for Mel on the whim so I can use it in a future campaign lol but idk if I'll follow it too closely

ALSO CYR I LOV THE POST. I think having characters who aren't fighting/magic gurus would diversity our cast and make things interesting anyways :p
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:14 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I POSTIED
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

95 Reviews

Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:24 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I had forgotten about this man. Glad to see him.

Also, Connery knows one form of combat only and everyone gets one guess. Your hint is his entire personality.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I didn't get a chance to say this yesterday, @TheMulticoloredCyr, but I'm glad to see both Connery and Bobby! They're going to be hilarious together. I'm also a big fan of characters sabotaging the plot, so I'm happy that you picked Connery.

Plus, I'm going to love having my characters insult him. Dresden is definitely going to be brutal with him.

@SpiritedWolfe, you can definitely post again! You're also free to wait for everyone to finish their first posts, but I don't have any problems with another post. I've actually been thinking of doing one with Raptor and Dresden, but I'm not sure there's anything for me to post about yet. >>

@soundofmind, your post looks great! I love Kiirion, and I'm glad he's going to be a part of this. He'll definitely be good to have. :)

Edit: I completely forgot to include this in my original post, but this is what I imagined as Connery's go to fighting style:

mage

queer and here.

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:27 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

It's a little short, but I posted! (Def gonna add more next post.)
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@luminescence, I love your post! I'm really intrigued by the note that Kaith didn't always look the way he does now. I can't wait to find out more about him as the story progresses. :)

Also, I'm going to try writing up a post now! I'll just assume everyone entered the tavern and have Dresden and Raptor talk about it the people entering. I might also sprinkle in a little bit of plot~
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted! The plot didn't end up happening, but I'm still pretty happy with how the post turned out. :)
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:51 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

LITTOL REPLY just to place kiirion in the scene and erryone knows where he at lol
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

95 Reviews

Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:16 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I have given my reply.

I'm so sorry Bobby.

Also, below is an old drawing from a kinda similar rp from which I borrowed the design for Bobby:

Spoiler! :

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That moment when Connery forces you to sit down and actually flesh out the world. >>

Also don't worry Bobby - Raptor and Dresden will both 100% adopt you, but Dresden will be slightly more questionable in the attempt.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I finally posted again! I decide to steal the tavern's name from another fictional tavern. :)

(By the way, the plot should be showing up soon! I just couldn't fit it into my last post.)
mage

queer and here.

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
— Ernest Hemingway