z

Young Writers Society

The End of the World As We Know It [DT]

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:41 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I love her! She seems super interesting. I forgot how busy I was today so I didn't get to finish my character, but I'll get to it tomorrow.

142 Reviews

Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:43 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I finally finished my cp:
Spoiler! :
Name: Briana Frasor
Type: Human/Olgur

Appearance: Briana is a human and Olgur mix, her mom being a Olgur and her dad a human. Her hair is naturally blue, but her skin is light brown due to her dad. Her eyes are dark gold. Briana was 5'7 the last time she was measured, but she is 5'10 now. Bri is average weight.

Personality: Briana is a very laid back person, which wasn't very convenient when the world went to hell. What did benefit her, though, was that she isn't very extroverted, so not being around people didn't bother her as much. Part of this was because of how often she was bullied for her unique looks, but just in general she didn't like people. Briana is was a very bright student, yet lacked in subjects like Robotics and Science.
    - Strengths: Not having to rely on people, pretty athletic, not a worrier
    - Weaknesses: Low self-esteem, procrastinates even if the thing is very important, occasionally too pessimistic

History: Briana was born in a rural town right above the Minnesota/Iowa border. She had a generally happy life, despite her birth mother leaving when she was three. Her father remarried her new stepdad when she was five. They lived in a two room apartment with her dads, her, and two mixed-breed dogs.

It was several days until Briana's fifteenth birthday when the United States began evacuating the upper Midwest. Briana's fathers was evacuated at their job's buildings in the first wave of Minnesotans to make their way to Kennedy Space Center. Briana didn't want to wait to join them, so she "stole" her stepdad's car and began driving down to Florida with their dogs as best she could. Good thing she did, because she was in Mason City when a bomb in Fargo went off, and the radiation killed everyone in her town and in the surrounding areas.

Briana eventually ran out of gas and money near St. Louis and was unable to join her dad's rocketship or the four following it. In that time, she settled down in an old house on the outskirts of St. Louis. When she first heard of the last rocketship, she nearly knew for a fact she would never make it in time, but the more she thought about it, the guilt of not even trying to reconnect with her dads over came her and nows she is on the way to Florida.

Other: She refuses to be separated with her dogs and her weapon of choice is a revolver she found at the house she took. Briana carries it on her at all times.

I'll put it in the first DT post and try to get a first post out by tonight!

142 Reviews

Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:36 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I posted a quick little thing to get us started! Whoever wants to go next can.

142 Reviews

Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:44 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I'm glad you decided to join the RP, @MadilynReads! If you don't mind subscribing to this thread so you can get updates, that'd be great!

@Valkyria, do you want to go?

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:59 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Sure! I’ll get to it once I finish my Driver’s Ed homework.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:49 am
View Likes
MadilynReads says...

I think I am subscribed now.
Happy Reading!

142 Reviews

Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:51 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Awesome!

By the way, I loved your post Valkyria! @Carina or @soundofmind, have you two decided whether or not you want to join? Or should I just go when I have time tomorrow.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:00 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I plan on joining! I'll see if I can get my CP up tonight or tomorrow ~

Before seeing the other profiles, I planned on having my character be in California. But boy would we really be scattered >_> so now I'm reconsidering
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4095 Reviews

Reviews: 4095
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:28 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Here's my CP finally....hope its okay.

Spoiler! :
Name: Kathryn Ashley Jennings
Type: Alien (Lenphis)

Appearance: She's around 5 0', quite short and fairly skinny too. She looks like a strong breeze would send her flying. She's got green skin, a color that's like Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy, while her hair is dark cyan and shoulder length. Her eyes are two colors, so one is blue and one is green. Is that possible? Because some humans do have that condition

Personality: Very introverted, quite guarded and unlikely to trust anyone. Very self reliant.
- Strengths: She's learned to live by herself and despite her appearance she can certainly defend herself, and she's really good at surviving in tough situations.
- Weaknesses: Despite her fighting skills, she is still physically pretty weak.

History: She was youngest of three sisters, and was left on Earth along with them when her parents decided to leave. She was only around 8 at the time. Her sisters were sixteen and seventeen so they became practically her parents. Much like other Lenphis children, they were looked down upon and had to learn how to survive. Her sisters taught her most of what she knew and she learned to have to defend herself before she was even in her teens. Her sisters were on a trip when the explosions happened, thankfully not in one of the cities that were destroyed but they were quite close to a escape point and since Kate never heard from them again, she assumed they escaped. Now that she's among the few that got skipped over, she is determined to make it to the final rocket out of there and hopefully find her sisters. She is currently in Phoenix, Arizona...I hope that's an actual place. I know nothing about this stuff...

Other: Despite her trust issues due to being looked down on by everyone besides her sisters, she's always wanted a friend, especially now that she's all alone.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

142 Reviews

Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:05 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I love her! I'll put your CP in the top post.

142 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:52 pm
looseleaf says...

@MarilynReads, if you could put the messages in the DT that'd be great! If you guys want to continue, I'd be happy to, but I don't know if others want to.

142 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:52 pm
looseleaf says...

@MadilynReads, sorry! I misspelled your name in the tag above.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:58 am
View Likes
MadilynReads says...

Okay! Thanks!
Happy Reading!

4095 Reviews

Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Whoops I almost forgot about this...I'll try to post soon :)
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

4095 Reviews

Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:08 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Umm...yikes its been so long...I keep on forgetting..are we still doing this?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings