The Cantina [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Elinor @AstralHunter @ThePatchworkPilgrims @Carina

Here's the thread for us to discuss the roleplay! Once the roleplay thread is actually up, I'll throw the link to it at the very top of this post. I'm also happy to change the name - I just needed a quick placeholder, and that was the first thing that came to mind. <3
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@soundofmind, welcome in! :)

We're just waiting on @Vincian and @ScarlettFire to see if they want to join, but we can still get into the scheming. I'm guessing you caught up on everything we're planning on doing so far?

Also, does anyone have any ideas for their characters? I know @Elinor was debating between Alex and Amy, but I have absolutely no idea who I'm going to do. >>
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:21 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I AM ACTUALLY NOt CAUGHT UP AT ALL ASLFGDGHF i saw the long chat in the wfp and got intimidated amd my brain is melted rn
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Oh. :P

The basic idea is that in a cool place that sits between different realities and times. It has rooms that branch off from a central area, and those rooms are what our characters start in - the rooms are different depending on where the characters are from. Someone from a high fantasy story might enter a tavern to start, but someone from a more contemporary story might be in a regular old restaurant.

Something happens that forces everyone to go the central section at the start of the roleplay, leading them all to meet up and hang out for a bit. That's about as far as we got scheming yesterday. :)
mage

queer and here.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:44 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

We're thinking it could be called the COURT. The Cantina (for) Omnipresent (and) Unlimited Realities (and) Timelines.

It's a work in progress name, but yeah. ~O&J
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:02 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I think I'm feeling more inclined to write for Amy right now, so that's who I'll go with. Concept is definitely solid and I'm excited to see where we go with it.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:26 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

YAYAYAY MANDATORY ROLEPLAYING FUN FOR STAFF

side note, my coworkers call the lab I'm usually in "Carina's Cantina" so I keep thinking of that when I read the title lol. I'm cool with w/e name tho!

I know you guys don't know tooooo much about my characters, so it probably won't mean much when I say this lol, but I'm thinking I'll play adult Mel :p and probably make up some kind of storyline tailored to this RP so that she ends up in an interdimensional cantina ahah
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

62 Reviews

Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:45 pm
View Likes

Hmmm... We're really torn between one of our sci-fi based characters, or a fantasy based one XP

But either way, the two characters leading both lists atm don't speak... at least not in the traditional sense ':) (Psionic Diplomat vs Kenku bounty hunter XD)

EDIT: could we perchance have both? (Even if one is just a very prominent NPC) We just thought of a character plot arc for both that could include the other :D
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Elinor, I can't wait to see Amy, then!

@Carina, I can't wait to see more of adult Mel! I barely know her, but she's been pretty fun from the little I've seen of her so far. <3

@ThePatchworkPilgrims, I definitely wouldn't have a problem with you doing multiple characters! I've done multiple ones in past roleplays, so I'm always cool with it. Two characters is just the right number - not too big and not too small.

Also, COURT or the current name sound good to me! I'm just worried that we'd either have a really long name or an all caps name in the New Posts/Hot Topics section, so maybe COURT can be what the cantina is officially called in the roleplay and we use a different name for the title?

I still haven't settled on a specific character, but I'm leaning towards one of my old fanfiction characters. I've used them in other roleplays before - it's a fun way to get to write them again without having to commit to rewriting those absolutely ancient stories. :P

I would just have to pick which one if I end up going that route, and past me really liked big casts. >>

I still do, but I can resist the urge to make them now.
mage

queer and here.

62 Reviews

Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:28 pm
View Likes

We get the urge of having big casts XD. We technically even are one ourself

Wrt the rp name, we agree having an all-caps name isn't great. We could always try to allude to the "initial plot" or to our ragtag bunch of different stories coming together in the title.
Something like Multiverse Mayhem/ Astrotemporal Adventurers Associated/ The Cantina that Couldn't (anymore), etc XD

We're just throwing out all our ideas as we get them, which is usually how we get the titles for our stories ;-) (Except The Halfway Hotel. There the title came before anything else)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:51 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

<333

adding more to plot, I was thinking that each character is in whatever room they wanna be in, then an announcement comes up where everyone affected has to evacuate to a certain room. (maybe it's some kind of outage?) and our characters all got the same notice to go to the same room and they have to stay there until there's a "coast is clear" notif but hopefully by then they know each other p well and become p good friends :') it's not really a plot-heavy rp fitting since we're doing this to get to know each other more lol but maybe if we get bored we can get the 'coast is clear' sooner and we follow each other to our worlds or something idk aksdjfhksdhf word barf

ahahaha Pilgrims, you really like your alliterations don't you lol

I don't really mind what the title is *has unoriginal with names lol* but here's another one to throw out there: The Cantina Club! cuz The Breakfast Club is where a ragtag group of ppl get together due to circumstances none of them want to be in, then learn more about each other and unlikely friendships blossom :p but instead of being there at breakfast time the room they're stuck in is an old cantina. AND IT HAS ALLITERATION
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:59 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

hello :D
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:37 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

HELLO! Also, I like these ideas. The moment u said tho that there's an announcement they need to evacuate for I thought of Among Us and all the characters having to rush to the electrical room to fix things lol
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:44 am
View Likes
Carina says...

omg petition to have one of us be an Impostor and was the one who sabotaged something that caused us to be in the electrical room cantina
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

"Sometimes even shooting stars find wishes that miss their marks."
— TryHardNinja