Young Writers Society

The Cantina [DT]

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:24 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

I will also wait for Pilgrims to post before I do!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Okay! :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:04 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

don't mind us while we continue to post about pie >_>

LOL telos didn't mention the sugar or the cinnamon so evaline out here wondering like "bro, why u eating pure pumpkin puree?"

also, not saying u should spoon feed her, but it's going to take some convincing for her to initiate eating food she doesn't recognize in front of strangers lol

or maybe u can put it in a lil bowl and set it next to a bowl of water and she'll get to it, cuz CAT
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:03 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Imma also wait for pilgrimssss
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:49 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I think I'll wait a few more days for @ThePatchworkPilgrims to slip a reply in, but I really love the conversation going on between Télos and Evaline right now! It's hilarious that Evaline hits the nail on the head with Télos being from another world, only to focus on the pie instead because it's a little more normal. :P

Also, should we start the action of the roleplay once we finish up the pie and home conversations? I know we still need to iron out some of the details, but I'd love to get into the nitty-gritty part of the roleplay. :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It's been a week since my last post here, so I thought I would get an actual post up. Who knows? Maybe Télos will finally be able to convince Evaline to eat some of the pie. :P
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

After that last post, I'm torn between joking that Amy doesn't understand we have to take it slow because Evaline is like a cat and wanting to draw a silly comic I just thought of. There's another character from Télos's story that has a really strong love of a specific kind of food, and all I could think of is them suggesting they change the topic to that. :P

But I tragically can't draw expressions well enough to convey the joke.
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:14 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

evaline after amy's outburst

chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

147 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:53 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

so I'm THINKIN evaline is going to get up and be like "ok im out, bye" because it's not only in character for her to do but it would also lead us to the plot lol

WATS IN THE DARK HALLWAYS
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:36 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's a good question. >>

One of the earlier ideas that came up was having our characters face some kind of fear in a personalized room. The fear was either something tied to a person & conflict, or would be something a little more abstract/lighthearted - like arachnophobia. The other idea we tossed around was having them come face-to-face with their enemies in that same kind of personalized room. Télos's person/conflict fear and enemy would probably be the same person at this point in his life, but the more lighthearted fear would be a fear of ghosts.

Alternatively, we have a massive conglomeration of every fear or enemy. I like the idea of each person having a personalized room, but it might fun to figure out how all of the fears and/or enemies could mesh together into something our characters can work through together.
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:58 am
View Likes
Carina says...

ooOohhHH

I do like the idea of it being combined, mostly because it would be an interesting concept and it moves things along :} I'm cool with light-hearted fear too if das what we all wanna do but I'm chill w whatevs

not me, so sick of my characters' angst right now lol

how would we defeat these fears? coming to terms with it? or something else
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:05 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

I would prefer the former as I feel it gives us more to work with; lighthearted fears doesn't seem as exciting to me. It could definitely be in a massive room though, maybe where each character gets their turn?

OR

Sort of like how you go through different rooms in an escape room, each separate room could be tailored to a character's fear, and everyone has to figure out how to get out together.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:30 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

ohh escape room sounds cool
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I also like the idea of an escape room! I was originally more in favor of the lighthearted fear because I was also sick of some of my heavier character angst, but I just thought of a great way to blend Télos's more lighthearted fear with his darkest one.

(In case future me forgets what that way is, I just wanted to leave a quick note to myself that it was inspired by the time loop episode of The Magicians.)

We could also mix and match the fears! That was what also inspired my idea for Télos. Then anyone who wants to do a more lighthearted fear can, while anyone who wants to do a more serious, darker fear can still do that, too.

Either way, I think we need to write out a little of the fears ahead of time so we can figure out what our escape room situation is going to be like. We don't have to give everything away about them, but it would be a good way to help us plan! :)

(Also thanks, @Carina, for posting about how to make those smiley faces on your wall!)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:00 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Now that @EditorAndPerks is officially a member of the crew, it looks like it's time to update the cast of this roleplay! @Vincian and @AstralHunter also haven't been able to join, yet, so now would be the perfect time to add any new characters in before we get into the plot. :)

(It's definitely not a crew requirement to be a part of this roleplay, but I wanted to make sure everyone felt included! <3)

Any thoughts on how we can add in new characters? The simplest idea I can come up with is that they were in their own rooms and only just came out to the main room.
mage

queer and here.

But there was no goat man, there was NEVER any goat man!
— OSP Red