Young Writers Society

The Quest for the Slime King [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Lia5Giba, you definitely can join! I can't wait to see you what you've been scheming up. :)

@RavenLord, I love Madre Tove! Would she be transported to the world this story is set in, or would she be from it? Because if she's from it, I might have to hit you up for some Super Secret Scheming about a role she could theoretically play. >>
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:35 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

@Magebird she's gonna be from a different world. Glad you like her!
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

4092 Reviews

Reviews: 4092
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:30 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

So that's kind of long...yaa...this is the shortest summary I could think off...but ya know...he was the first character I ever made, and he's been around for nearly six years now, so he's been developed to death.

Spoiler! :
Name: Harrison Harvard Hardy aka The Darkness
Age: 67,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,738 (That would be 67 septillion, 500 sextillion, seven hundred and thirty eight and yes I love numbers so I have an exact one)
Personality: Well...now that one is complicated. Mostly, he's just sort of nonchalant. He's seen sooo many things that nothing surprises him anymore and he rarely takes anything seriously. He is a bit of a nerd at heart, and considering how long he's lived, dude knows quite a bit...although here he'll try to pretend like he's normal. He's also secretly a big softie especially around his sister...and to his friends. To strangers however, he likes to put on a much more 'tough' persona. Here he'll try to emulate that but expect that to slip the moment someone gets hurt. He's also a bit of a quipster at times although again he'll try to curb that a bit here.
Appearence: Well that's variable...he's a shapeshifter...and his original form is definitely not making an appearance here (he's like bigger than a universe)...so I'll go with his go to day to day look which he uses around most people.

He likes to be around 5' to 5' 4", most probably 5' 4" because in his own words "its the perfect height for hugging". He's got very pale skin that has a slightly bluish tent thanks to his blue blood. Lines, much like veins run all over his batter in translucent patches of lighter skin, and these glue blow whenever he's hit with some object or he's generating some power. He going to attempt to hide those but they'll be visible if he's caught off guard, especially the six lines that run through his face.

He likes to maintain a pretty lean look, but for this one due to all the tough heroes and whatnot, he'll probably change it so that his muscles are slightly defined and make himself just a touch wider.

And if anyone in there can hear heartbeats and whatnot, they'll notice he has two hearts.

He breathes Hydrogen to power his internal processes but if Hydrogen isn't available in the atmosphere in large enough quantities, like I imagine it is here...he'll not have to breathe so while he'll try to pretend like he's breathing, if his concentration is broken, you'll notice he doesn't breath.

Most of his joints are double jointed so again he'll hide it, but it could be revealed if he slips on concentration.

He's also got 20-22 foot wings, that are blue, and they are feathered. His hair is naturally dark cyan and I don't see him ever changing that because he loves the color.

Then his eyes...so...where its usually white in humans, his eyes are blue...while the actual irises are dark cyan. And these irises tend to glow when he's using his powers although he usually wears blue tinted glasses to cover those. If they fall off however, that'll be revealed. He also has two sets of eyelids, one regular, and one translucent set that closes horizontally.

His hair is generally around shoulder length and hanging loose, probably tangled and a mess unless his sister got to him with a brush (she did in this case).

And he'll be wearing his usual suit which is a bit like a large onesie, but tighter and without a hood. Its completely blue and packed with several high tech gadgets all of which he won't use so don't worry about that.

Backstory: He's got himself literally trillions upon trillions of backstory so not going to mention all of it, because that's an entire novel right there. Long story short, he's been through some stuff and the fake backstory he makes up here will reflect that. He'll basically say that he's a generic hero, that lost his parents, and lives with his only two siblings. And that's all...expect him to improvise any details on the spot and keep on forgetting what he said.
Weapons: He usually has a few...but for this one he'll only use his sword and his lightning powers along with a certain chunk of his strength and speed. Essentially he'll mostly avoid punching, and try to knock things out with lighting and if that doesn't work, use the energy redirection feature of the sword...or if he really has to, then chop some heads off.

The sword in the middle there is an exact scale replica of the one he'll be using. Of course in that one, those wheels at the end actually spin, the spikes at the end are detachable, and the two smaller blades on the side can also spin.

Favorite Attacks: Usually its to make as many puns as he can while flinging lightning. Here, it'll be pretty much the same...perhaps slightly less puns and much less voltage on those lightning bolts.

Other: He's on vacation, and he decide just hanging out somewhere would be boring, so he's pretending to be a generic superhero that can control electricity and has minor super strength and speed. And he'll try his absolute hardest to only use that one power. He'll try to dodge anything that's thrown at him because he'll pretend like his skin isn't impenetrable.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:36 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@HarryHardy, your character seems really interesting! I can't wait to see him in action. :)

Also, I'm working on the first post right now! I'm thinking that the heroes are going to be summoned in waves - that way, everyone gets a chance to post without the story moving too much along. I know that I want to have a hero from another world as well as Erevan, but I'm currently torn between which hero to go with. One of them speaks like a pirate, but the other has an equally fun personality to write. I think it'll depend on what happens when I get to the summoning scene. :P
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:06 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Update: I went with the pirate!

Captain Foxy is actually a Minecraft character of mine, and I think the skin our resident pirate had in Minecraft might be pretty obvious - it's a human version of Foxy from Five Nights at Freddy's. The guitar is actually Bonnie's guitar, but Captain Foxy's been carrying it around for the ~aesthetic~.

Plus, the guitar just looks cool.

I don't want to give too much away about Foxy, but here's the inspiration for the skin. The ears are currently hidden underneath the hat, and the tail is wrapped around Foxy's waist underneath the shirt & coat.

I hope you enjoyed my first post! Feel free to start posting now if you already have an idea in mind - I'll reply with Erevan & Captain Foxy's reactions once more characters show up.

(And if you're interested in the message the beginning of the post, that's a message from Erevan to his best friend Nakhem. They have a cool magical tablet system I described in Erevan's CP - it's basically like a delayed texting/emailing artifact.)
mage

queer and here.

4092 Reviews

Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:35 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

If I get enough time in the next couple of hours, Harry will be making his entrance...:)
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's great, @HarryHardy! I can't wait to see what his entrance looks like.
mage

queer and here.

4092 Reviews

Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:53 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Posted...hope its okay....and in case its confusing Harry sees things happen much much slower than normal....kind of like the flash but even slower.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@HarryHardy, your post was definitely okay! I love how Harry spent a good paragraph figuring out what he should do to land, but then completely forgot about what he was going to say. It was funny seeing him slip over his words. :P
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:05 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sorry for the wait y'all, I'm making some late work up right now. I'll get my post in soon!
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:24 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Your post was great, @RavenLord!

I just had Foxy & Erevan react to the two new arrivals. As of right now, I think we're just waiting on @Lia5Giba before the quest starts up. :)
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:27 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Thank you so much!

she/her

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:08 am
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

After looking at the current cast, I'm thinking maybe I want to try to diversify us a little? I'm getting eerily similar vibes from everyone so far, so I might throw in a wild card. Eri would be fun for this, but it wouldn't work as well if everyone was vibing the same(if you catch my drift?). I have a whole hat of different kinds of characters I can draw out since I haven't officially joined in yet and begin way too many stories. Any kind of character that would really spice things up and maybe throw a wrench in it too?
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:41 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@TheBlueCat, that makes sense!

(Also, I apologize for completely forgetting to tag you! I thought I might have been forgetting to tag someone, but I didn't think of checking to see who was involved in the roleplay last night before I posted.)
mage

queer and here.

4092 Reviews

Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:14 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Thanks @Magebird!!

Aaand I throw in a quick reaction to what was revealed there...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
— Homer Simpson