Young Writers Society

An Unexpected Time {OOC}

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:51 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

YAYYY!

btw im on the wfp rn putting in some questions if yall want to pop on and @Tenyo i loved your post! :D

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:08 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

AAAA YES TENYO GOOD POST GOOD POST!! I guess it's my turn again! I'll get to writing now! :D

Also I'll head over and fill out those questions in the wfp too :)
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:18 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

BOOM, REPLIED

I love doing dialogue if you can't tell, lol, so hopefully the dialogue feels like it fits your characters! I don't mind AT ALL if you want things tweaked or changed! Just let me know!!! :)

Also I think the next post could be a little timeskip where they're at the farmhouse and looking around, test the door, break in or just go in depending on what ya'll wanna do

I'm assuming the farmhouse is abandoned! So that they can steal the car in clear conscience

Also if/when they DO steal the car I'm imagining Bo can drive, Magnolia will probs be in the passenger seat, and since it's a truck, the rest pile in the back?

Also as far as the car goes they could either find the keys in/around the truck, in the house, or they could figure out how to jump the car if they can find cables. Bo knows a handful of things about cars from working in an auto shop and his dad knowing cars, but if anyone else is knowledgeable they can help too!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:38 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

ALSO I HOPE THE RANDOM ARBITRARY ADDRESS I MADE UP IS OK

Edit: I just did the math and we have 3,274 words so far! :D

Edit Edit: I ALSO updated Bo’s character profile with a picture I drew of him :) it doesn’t show his scar side but there’s no eye there and the hole where an eye be is sewn/healed shut.

Do I plan on maybe drawing the full cast of this SB....... yes okay I

I probaly will I’m succumbing to the temptation

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:52 am
View Likes
Tenyo says...

If we go with the car stealing idea (even if it's abandoned), Levi is probably going to be incredibly rigid about it and put up some protest. He'll take the attitude of 'this doesn't belong to us, so we can't take it,' and won't fully understand why there was any debate on the matter. Theft is theft. He might put a hand on someone's wrist or shoulder to try and physically stop them, but more as a persuasive gesture than a restraining one.

I reckon it's probably going to take having everybody else in the truck and literally revving the engine to drive off and leave him in the middle of nowhere before he'll get into a stolen truck.

It will probably be the same with the house. Unless it's in complete disrepair where the walls are literally crumbling in, he'll be incredibly reluctant to trespass.
We were born to be amazing.

Reviews: 4
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:24 am
View Likes
JasmineFelicia says...

Mkay! Also, I was wondering whether it was fine if Liam had the item apple pie on it. I have this idea, that maybe some things are to offer to people to help them get places. Don't know what y'all think of it though.
Hi, the name is Jasmine, but you can call me Jaz! Nice to meet you :D !

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:51 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Tenyo I'm glad you said that!! LOL,,, here I am with Bo, who is not beyond stealing a vehicle, at least, in this situation. When Levi protests (and maybe Bo can be the one to suggest they use the car) Bo will try to assure Levi that they will return it as soon as they find a town. They just need to figure out a way to get off the farm - that will be his defense, ashdagflkjdh.

I appreciate that Levi is that stubbornly committed to his convictions though. :,)

ALSO Jasmine - you know what would be funny, is if the apple pie isn't even for the time travel machine, but just because the scientist likes apple pie, lol

142 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:56 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

i loved your post sound! and omg that drawing is incredible!!

and yes apple pie definitely should be one of the items

Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:30 pm
View Likes
JasmineFelicia says...

Alrighty!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:52 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

love the new posts! (and the drawing of Bo, omg)
i wont be able to get a new post up today, but i can reply tomorrow!
"yeet"
- albert einstein

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:21 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

YAY!!!

Also I have an idea - when our characters eventually do pile into the truck and drive into town I think if would be super fun if we could manage to do two separate scenes where we all collaborate in the wfp pad to write the posts.

There could be an interaction between Bo and Magnolia, since they’ll be in the front, and there could be one between Liam, Levi, and Adeline sitting in the back of the truck. Maybe just them all getting to know each other a bit, talking about home, and/or hypothesizing more about what’s going on and their worries about it.

Idk how soon we could schedule something like that and we gotta wait til the plot gets there but I think it’d be fun :)

142 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:52 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

That be awesome! And also them looking around town and being like "wait why does everything look old timey" and "why are there recruitment posters on the window" and stuff.

I'm not free today, but tomorrow or Saturday would work for me!

Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:23 pm
View Likes
JasmineFelicia says...

Done with my post!

142 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:28 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I loved it! I like the name you chose for the scientist.

Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:51 pm
View Likes
JasmineFelicia says...

Thanks!

Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy