Young Writers Society

An Unexpected Time {OOC}

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:18 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

I like the time traveler paper idea!
I don't have any specific ideas, though I'm definitely interested to see how our characters will be running into one-another.

ALSO @LZPianoGirl thank you!!
"yeet"
- albert einstein

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:57 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

OOOOO I like that idea! Like, each paper has a piece of the puzzle needed to get back home... one has the name of the person, two have key components needed for the time travel machine.

I ALSO HAVE RANDOM BRAINSTORMING FOR THIS SCIENTIST PERSON.

Are they aware of our three people getting thrown back in time? Are they the person responsible? HERE'S AN IDEA: Scientist makes a time machine, but in the testing of it, something goes wrong and instead of sending themselves into the future some of the future comes to them. Like... polarity is reversed but with time. As this happens the time machine kind of implodes and key parts of it get damaged that need replacing (hence, our guys are needed to help find parts).

Maybe what happened was like, our 3 guys got sucked in and thrown into the scientist's lab, all unconscious, and the scientist had to quick pick up and leave/cover up the mess because the boom/explosion DEFINITELY caught people's attention and i imagine a time machine is definitely something they want to keep secret.

Why is this giving me Back to the Future vibes

ANYWAYS so maybe they like, panic and rush to cover things up, drag our 3's poor unconscious bodies with them, dump them somewhere with notes in their pockets as hints to find them again as they hurry to hide somewhere else and try to recover what was lost from their failed experiment?

THIS IS ALL JUST RANDOM IDEAS THAT ya'll can trash or contribute to I'm just spouting here

Maybe the reason the scientist doesn't just bring 'em all w/them is 1. heavy 2. transporting unconscious bodies? looks hecka sus 3. maybe if they can piece the hints together from their notes, scientist doesn't have to risk running around trying to get replacement parts... cuz maybe scientist is wanted now???? or at the very least, police are looking for them b/c their HOUSE EXPLODED in a SMALL TOWN so that's gotta get out in the news lol

ALSO!!!! YES corvid I love Magnolia's CP !! Romance novel writing botanist who's fiercely independent? we love to see it

I wonder what everyone will think of each other - it would be fun to collab a bit on start-up posts to figure out how our characters vibe with each other

Overall, Bo is pretty warm and friendly from the get-go, always trying to lighten things up with a little humor. He wouldn't have strong opinions on Magnolia or Adeline, but would generally be like "they seem cool"

Of course, that also depends how they all end up together

Do we want them waking up in separate places? I know in the first post u have you say our characters will see others who look confused and lost coming out of buildings so ??? I mean, that could be enough to bring them together, but I know Magnolia, at least, won't be seeing anyone looking confused, so Adeline or Bo will have to find her
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:13 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I love those ideas sound!!! Honestly they're better than anything I could have come up with lol. i think we should totally go with the idea that the guy from the past was trying to go to the future but he screwed up and then our three got sucked back in time! I was originally planning to have everyone be in different buildings, but yeah if Magnolia's blind that may not workk..

ALSO one thing. How would they find the scientist-dude? Like is there an address in a different town on one of the papers as well or?? idk i'm like SUPER confused when it comes to that. i dont know very well how phones from the 40s worked, BUT, what if they find his name in the yellow pages (or whatever) and call his phone?? the only problem is idk if the phones were able to be moved from house to house or if they were wired into the wall permanently.. ill have to look that up

i think Adeline will think Magnolia's really nice and cool, but she would be, like, TOTALLY SCARED of Bo cause he's huge and has one eye :/. She'd be kind to him tho. id totally be up to collab for the first posts!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:46 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I think a name and an address would be a perfect solution! That, or if the scientists' new place of residence doesn't have an address, maybe directions? like ... out into the forest outside the town, or in the next town over or something lol

im TERRIBLE with period pieces/stories in the past so idk that stuff either, but a quick google tells me Yellow Pages were def still around in the 40's so they could find his number like that (if science guy is a guy IDK)... i think in the 1940's they started having rotary phones, so they weren't mobile

they might have a phone (that u can pay w/coins kinda deal) in some kinda shop? usually yellow pages would be near them?

so they could try that!

as for who wakes up where, there's two diff scenarios i can think of

idea A:
1. bo wakes up near magnolia, and magnolia maybe doesnt have as averse of a "ur scary" reaction and more of her typical "i dont need ur help" reaction but they bond over their shared "wtf is happening" vibes?
2. they walk out and adeline is nearby, sees magnolia come out first and how confused she looks and is like "hello????" then sees bo come out right behind her and is like "AAAA" and u know, convo ensues

idea B:
1. adeline and magnolia wake up near each other... maybe in an abandoned barn or house or something
2. maybe bo is in a diff stall and they stumble upon him, still out of it, he stirs
3. adeline is maybe like "LETS BOOK IT HE LOOKS SCARY" and magnolia be stubborn and is like "no maybe he knows something" and as bo wakes up magnolia can kinda instigate/ start convo/interaction

i think since adeline is gonna be scared of bo it's best to either put him w/magnolia (who is much less intimidating to adeline) on the front end or make him seem more vulnerable/less threatening by having him wake a little later, if they find him alone,,, cuz i feel like if they just ran into him on the street? they would not approach, and bo wouldnt necessarily know to talk to them?????

142 Reviews

Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:53 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

i like idea two A LOT, but i do agree with putting bo with magnolia might be better.. like adeline's prob not gonna walk up to this giant dude and go "hello we need your help." she'd just run in the opposite direction lol.

if they're in a barn perhaps they can talk while they walk down the main road into town.. but i think it'd be better for them to wake up in town... idk why i just think it'd be better if they immediately see the others and the cars and be like "well crap where am i" but thats just me

but one thing's for sure bo and magnolia should be together if they aren't all together at first. @Corvid, what do you think?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:21 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

I think idea A would work better! I like the idea of Bo and Magnolia finding one another and teaming up, and waking up in town would mean that the change in surroundings would be a good tip off to them being in the past!
"yeet"
- albert einstein

142 Reviews

142 Reviews

Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:59 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Hey guys! So, I was looking at the LSS guidelines, and it turns out that their a bit harder than I remember.
For every Privateer, the law of the sea is this:
At least 2 Posts per week for a SB Ship OR
At least 4 Posts per week for a RP Ship
-
At least 250 words per SB Ship post OR
At least 125 words per RP Ship post

For every Registered Ship, the law of the sea is this:
At least 2500 words per week
At least 10(SB) / 20(RP) posts per week
Just in your guy's opinion (@soundofmind, you don't count for the individual b/c your a pirate), would ten posts or 2500 words be easier each week? Personally, I think the 2,500 word count would be easiest, but idk.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:35 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey there! I think there's been a bit of a mistake; Registered ships must reach the 2500 word mark weekly and at least 10/20 posts weekly! I have updated the original thread to reflect that. My bad!!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

142 Reviews

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:02 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I can still contribute to the posts and word count tho, right??? I WILL HELP I PROMIS

142 Reviews

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:25 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

You totally can, @soundofmind!!

Also, I believe both @Tenyo and @JasmineFelicia wanted to join this SB, so all the spots are full!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:09 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Yay!!!!! Welcome Tenyo and Jasmine!!

Reviews: 4
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:35 am
View Likes
JasmineFelicia says...

Thanks!
Hi, the name is Jasmine, but you can call me Jaz! Nice to meet you :D !

142 Reviews

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri