Young Writers Society

The Beach [DT]

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:10 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Thanks @Elinor

The story sounds pretty good to me!! Definitely seems plausible.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:48 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

So I was thinking about this some more, and maybe it's not that the spa room broke off, but rather it was closed-off and there was so much damage to the only exit to the rest of the boat that they were trapped there until it sunk. There is the whole "how did they not drown then?!?" argument, so I'm thinking maybe they escape out of a steam vent last minute and reached air. I dunno haha just thinking outloud

ALSO. I was thinking of the bigger plot, and maybe there's a Big Bad villain who is the reason why the ghosts are "trapped" in the Bermuda Triangle. Could be a demon, could be something else, we can sort that out later if we go down this path. But like @Valkyria pointed out, maybe the boat sunk due to supernatural forces, so that got me thinking! Maybe the ghosts were forced to stay because of the Big Bad, but are also forced to sink boats. Like, maybe if they are responsible for drowning X amount of people, then they can move on to the afterlife or wherever. So the amount of sunken ships and planes keep increasing because poor ghosties just wanna be left alone. Of course, this also means the ghosties are gonna terrorize them on the island, so...

If we do go down the supernatural route, I'm sure we don't have to be super technical about the specifics of the boat sinking, either. :)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:07 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

@Carina, them being trapped is exactly what I suggested in the pirate pad. Haha. I like the idea of them escaping out an air vent or maybe swimming thru a broken window, but I also like the idea of them not remembering everything right away.

I also like the idea about the ghosts!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:17 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I like those ideas! Perhaps they escape through the air vent, and they have to cling to broken parts of the ship. Or, they climb on top of the ship itself, and they have to help each other.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

4074 Reviews

Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:52 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Hmmm...maybe they do crawl out of a vent or something...but then they get hit by someone floating debris or something and they forget until later.

OR

Ghosties are the cause of this sinking...and like @Carina suggested they were made to do it...but there are rebel ghosties that helped these four save themselves because well they are nice and maybe these characters reminded said ghosties of themselves/ family/ something convincing etc.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:37 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Oh!! Perf then, good minds think alike :p

YES @harryhardy I like the idea of some pure-hearted ghosties helping our characters out, too. ooh maybe @veeren's character even helped with that ;)

Should we start immediately on the beach? I know that's what it says in the pad but I think it may be pretty fun (while also stretching this out to last a long time for LSS lol) to start at the boat and then roleplay the crash. What do you think @Elinor?

Either way, I think we have enough content to at least start the RP when LSS rolls around! :D
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4074 Reviews

Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:42 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Starting at the boat sounds like it'll be a good opportunity to maybe get in a bit of an introduction to our characters and then have the first time on beach scene just be all about confusion and spookiness. And stretching this out is also very important..xD
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:55 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I was thinking we could start when our characters in the spa, just before the sinking! We can also figure out exactly how they survived later, but I like the idea of it being a mystery to our characters, at least for a little bit.

-- Walt Disney

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:00 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Perhaps the sinking takes place at night. It'll be harder to see how the ship started sinking, and it adds an extra element of danger.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:44 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

i like the idea of starting before the ship sinks, it DOES give us some breathing room to story build and show our characters personalities at the very least. not to mention writing a scene about ending up in a shipwreck is so cool LOL
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:52 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

WHOOP WHOOP

It sounds like we can get a RP thread started then :D I know I made the DT, but @Elinor do you want to make the actual thread instead? This was mostly your idea and you made a nice introduction in the pad :)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:19 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I can make the thread, but @Carina, do you want to be the Captain? I'm not sure I can commit to the weekly update posts.

Also, since we still have some time, I think we should take our notes and write character bios. We can add them to the first post of the RP thread and then start when it comes time.

-- Walt Disney

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:34 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Sure! Sounds good to me :)

Oooh LSS is having a write-in tonight (details here). Is anyone else going to be available tonight? We can write out our character bios on there and collaborate :')

Also, I'll put together a quick CP today just so they're uniform. It doesn't have to be as detailed as some SB profiles, though!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4074 Reviews

Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:42 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

I'll be there as long as I wake up on time (it's at 5:30am for me..xD)
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:53 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Lol oh gosh Harry please prioritize sleep if you don't usually get up at that time!! hahaha

*totally does not wake up at noon every weekend*
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

"Yesterday you said tomorrow, so JUST DO IT."
— Shia Labeouf