Young Writers Society

The Beach [DT]

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:09 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

i was just reminded that it was me who wrote the "disrespectful" note in there and in my lack of sleep i was misreading it LOL, sorry for the confusion
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:20 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

I was so confused since I thought it was you lol but I also find it funny

ALSO HE LOOKS GREAT, that's a perf character maker for a pirate man

now the question is
are ghosts invisible??? or does capn morgan appear like a normal human? HMMMM
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:23 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

i was only disappointed to not find a real pirate hat :(

i think it'll be up to you guys if it benefits the story for him to be visible or not. i think it would be interesting if he did, in that way i could at least participate more LOL but then we have to worry about continuity if there are other ghosts as well
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:56 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Hopefully this works! Here is Eliza.

Spoiler! :
Before:

After:

There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:29 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

The games that use Adobe Flash I can't seem to download...so here's what I got

Spoiler! :

Before:

The one I really like but is only a screenshot because reasons...and somehow it refuses to crop to size so...umm ignore the rest of what's open in my computer.

After:

Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

147 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:36 am
View Likes
Carina says...

They both look great!!

I went ahead and put all our characters together and did my best to scale everyone so you can see who's taller than who. We're all matching it's so cute omg

chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:49 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Ah, I'm so excited! I can't wait to get going with this.

Also, @Carina Moira will totally think Jack looks like Aldous Huxley, one of her writing idols, so she will definitely be into that.

I've been watching Gilligan's Island to get in the mood and was going to create a playlist I can share. :)

Also, I haven't really thought much ahead as to what happens when they're the island. My initial impression was that they wouldn't be alone, but for maximum drama and length, I was thinking it would be fun if they *were* alone for a period of time and for a while we had this just be a survival RP and introduce more magical realism elements later.

Maybe we can get together for a planning/plotting session at some point before the 19th? It would also be good to talk about where we see this going and also what skills our characters will have that will help us survive.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

159 Reviews

Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:06 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I’d love getting together! I have an idea of what Eliza’s skills are since she was a Girl Scout, but I think it would be really cool to see what everyone’s skills are. They would either clash horribly or work really well.

159 Reviews

Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:18 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Since you’re thinking of a Survival RP first, what do you guys think about our characters going back to the boat and finding stuff to bring back, such as things to make shelter out of or semi-dry clothes? Maybe they could also try to find other survivors or their friends.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:04 am
View Likes
Carina says...

PFFFFT @Elinor those round glasses, man. Can't wait for their interactions lol.

I was thinking it would be fun if they *were* alone for a period of time and for a while we had this just be a survival RP and introduce more magical realism elements later.

YESYESYES. We can say it's a pretty big island, so maybe they'll find other stragglers later on. It's be pretty interesting to see what survival skills everyone has. Jack is good with his hands so he'd probably build a shoddy hut or hunting materials or something.

Why do I sense that Moira and Susan will have a hard time adjusting to survival mode? lol

@Valkria I love that idea! I'm sure most of the ship sunk, but I'm sure there's some stuff nearby they can scavenge. Maybe it'll be a tiny bit of food or resources to get them started. And, uh... probably dead bodies >_> and then.. omg... they would probably use the clothes from the dead bodies... THIS IS TURNING DARK FAST

*cough* so um yeah, I'm totally down for a write-in before starting the RP! How does next weekend sound?
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

159 Reviews

Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:10 am
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I’m game with it!

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:10 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

I'm open next weekend! Also @Valkyria yes I was thinking most of the ship would have sunk, but some debris/bodies could have washed to shore.

Moira won't do well with the adjustment, but she *does* know how to sew and cook, so I was thinking that would come in handy, and she'll definitely be eager to help however she can.

Next weekend I'm completely free! Just let me know :)

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:20 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Awesome! I'm open for any evening Friday/Saturday/Sunday. @HarryHardy I know you're at a way different time zone than us, so just let us know what times would work for you and we'll go from there :)

Sewing and cooking would definitely be handy. And then maybe Eliza and Susan could be hunters/gatherers if they can? Gosh we really going back to the caveman era lol
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4074 Reviews

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:11 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Making it about survival for the start sounds great!! Yup Susan will be basically useless...heh...*nervous looks*

Aaand well...not sure about how free the weekend will be...I'll try to be around...you guys go ahead with a pad or summat and I'll sneak if I'm free...I can't put an exact time to it.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

4074 Reviews

Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:03 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Also, inspired by what @Carina made, I came up with something of my own cause I had a little free time...

Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor