"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

4100 Reviews

Reviews: 4100
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:51 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Thanks @veeren

Aaand posted...so I totally did not need tissues after writing this post...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:04 am
View Likes
Carina says...

THANK U @vincian
we're writing more now right now to provide character background before the shipwreck, but i have a feeling posts will be shorter when we actually roleplay because... AH. 5 POSTS A WEEK.

i told myself i was going to include an interaction scene with moira and then continue with character background with olivia but then i realized i already hit the word count and i got lazy lol

@Elinor that trailer is so amusing omg. I def see some comedic parallels! also uhhh i'm busy every 6-8pm EST Mon-Thurs so I didn't have a lot of availability for weekdays in that poll skdjfhsklh

@veeren :') i feel kinda bad that capn morgan won't show up potentially for a few weeks. you said you wanted to write in a lyrical, poetic style so i was thinking..... you know how some chapters in books open up with a poem, lyrics, or an symbolic short story? what do you think about making something similar (at least 125 words) but at the end of every week to wrap things up and summarize in ~style~?? so like, this first week can be about irony and foreshadowing and being happy right before a tragedy. I DUNNO JUST A THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE COOL... lmk what u think!!

@Valkyria i love the drunk college vibes lol. nice job with the small organic drunken interaction with susan, too!

@harryhardy oh man............. that dark foreshadowing is THICK. i cri
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:15 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

I have also posted! Oh man, I'm not ready for this emotionally. But we're going to do it because that's what we committed to.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

4100 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:56 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

:)...ahh...we all agreed to torture ourselves...so let us do it...hopefully by the time the final couple of acts roll around it'll be more around friendships, budding romance and escape plans...

Also oops I forgot...thanks @Vincian
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:45 am
View Likes
veeren says...

YES i am totally okay with that i feel like i can set the story up for the eventual tragedy to come
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:23 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

@Valkyria is Eliza just Moira when she was in college? Either way, I agree they will get along and may have an older/younger sister dynamic? I love the friends and it's sad to think they'll all be dead.

@HarryHardy I'm curious about what you're envisioning Susan's reaction to the sinking will be just because she's so attached to her father at this time and it's hard to imagine her coping without him.

@Carina I know we've talked about Moira and Jack not being immediately able to place each other, so that will be fun.

EITHER WAY! Dun dun dun. I may share songs every so often and this one feels appropriate.

phpBB [media]

-- Walt Disney

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:14 am
View Likes
Carina says...

You guys are doing a great job at bringing up the spa organically!! I didn't post yet since I'm going to have Jack go to the spa last. Then veeren can post , and then I can kick off next week's posting round with crashcrASHRCRUMBLE

@veeren YAY THAT'S PERFECT lol this means one person can post for 4 posts instead of 5 every week then i'm thinking that the first one can be vibin of serendipity before a looming tragedy and can mention ship beginning to sink or sumthin idk JUST SHOOTING IDEAS IF U NEED SOME, BLESS

@valkria I agree with Els!! Eliza and Moira would make a cute older/younger sis dynamic and it seems fitting since they both came with their friends and lost them. AND ALSO, I love Eliza's friends. I like how she's third wheeling lol but she and Martha are such close friends that it doesn't bother her. GOALS

@harryhardy ooh the character development with Susan post-crash would be interesting to see. would she become a whole new different person?? 👀

@Elinor gosh Els that was a great post AND OH SO IRONIC. DAT FORESHADOWING. I SCREAM

I shall also share a song

mostly relating to Moira cuz I heard it pop on today and thought "ya dis moira"

UR WELC

phpBB [media]

tfw ur DT posts are longer than ur roleplay posts
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4100 Reviews

Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:34 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

@Elinor....yaa she's going to be pretty distraught, and barely able to function at first.

@Carina...yaa..things are going to get...pretty intense on that front. At the moment I'm thinking in the first round of posts after the crash she's probably just going to be lying there helplessly unable to function, and she'll probably latch onto someone that comforts her and hopefully two three rounds in she'll get back to her more bubbly self...I doubt she'd ever like properly get over it...but she'll be able to be her usual self for the most part at least when people are around.

Aaand ohhh...I'm posted...and Susan doesn't make it to the spa yet either...I was going to have her get there in post #5...or does she need to get there by end of this one? - I can edit it if that's necessary.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:26 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I'm so glad you all like Eliza and her friends! And I definitely agree that Moira and Eliza would a sister dynamic!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:19 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Hey all --

I think it's going to be difficult for us all to get together to watch Gilligan's Island, so would everyone be okay if @Carina and I went ahead?

We were thinking because there are 3 seasons of the show and we're in this for the long haul, there's nothing stopping us from organizing a viewing in the future, especially if we decide we like the show. I own the first two seasons, and most S1 plotlines are a bit more grounded, S2 it's more hit or miss- but that's ~28 hours of show and the fun thing about TV from this time period is it's not serialized the way modern TV is, so you can jump in at any point.

Let me know and we can kind of play it by ear in deciding what episodes to watch if we do another one of these in the future.

-- Walt Disney

4100 Reviews

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:09 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

That's fine by me :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4100 Reviews

Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:20 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Umm...so my posts were edited to make Susie seem more like her age...so if y'all could give that a re-read that would be nice...and I think @Valkyria's post where she notices Susie should probably be changed up a titch.

Thanks a lot to all the help that @Carina and @Elinor gave in order for me to do that. You guys were amazing and sorry again for talking up your time. :)

And sorry for any inconvenience in editing that post @Valkyria.

And well I posted my fifth one...hopefully that one is okay and has her acting like she should be. :)

Also Yay!! only two more posts till we hit our required post count for the week!!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

160 Reviews

Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:48 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

No problem at all @HarryHardy!

160 Reviews

Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:55 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Also, @HarryHardy: Maybe this is obvious and I'm being dumb, but what do you want me to edit? Because I read your last post (it looks amazing btw), and I'm a little confused. Unless you want me to edit the earlier posts, which I am happy to do nonetheless. :)

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket