⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:47 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Hey @HarryHardy @Valkyria Carina and I were thinking of doing a Titanic watch party tomorrow night. I'm not sure if you guys will be around, but if you will be let me know and you're totally invited!!

I was also thinking we could get together for a watch party, maybe at some point this week, to watch the first two episodes of Gilligan's Island since the show has a similar concept to ours so I was thinking it could be helpful for inspiration.

Let me know what you guys think! The episodes are 25 minutes each, so it would be about an hour of our time.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:24 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

yes to Titanic and Gilligan's Island watch party!!

also, the pad party was v productive and we have more than enough to get this started in a few days :D

@Valkyria it's no biggie you missed it! Here's a quick summary for everyone to read:

• We'll divide the plot into arcs. We'll go through the general idea of it together, but the details will be spearheaded by one of us, so there's at least four arcs. The first arc is "arc zero" and that's when we crash the boat, survive, explore the island, get to know one another, etc. It's basically for world building and character introductions.
  • Each character has a survivorship role. Jack will be building stuff like tools and shack houses; Moira cooks, makes clothes, and is entertaining; Eliza can forage and possibly hunt; Susan can help out anyone but in the end is central to their escape since she can engineer a boat (or whatever we use to leave the island).
  • The island is ~5 mile radius, with the center of it being a "ghost town" from actual ghosts and past survivors who built the place a century ago. Around that town is a creepy forests, then woods, then beach. For Arc 0 we will be in the woods and beach, and the start of Arc 1 will be when we find the ghost town and see ghosts for the first time.
  • @veeren's character is one of the oldest ghosts around so he's kind of the King of Ghosts right now. We'll probably get to talking to Captain Morgan at the end of Arc 0/beginning of Arc 1. He will be a valuable resource to finding out the history of the place and ghosts. The other ghosts will be NPCs, and we can even pick probable people in history, like Amelia Earhart or Navy people who shipwrecked at Bermuda Triangle in WWII.
  • We talked about character's relationships to one another. We'd all be friends with one another but what kind of relationships we have will be interesting. Jack will likely have his fatherly instinct come in and be extra protective of everyone (especially little Susan). Moira and Jack may have a romantic connection later on. We discussed that Susan may be attracted to Eliza and it'll be interesting to see her explore/come to terms with her sexuality. How Eliza reacts to it is totally up to Valk though!

and finally...

• LSS starts this Monday! Remember, it's 5 posts per week, with a minimum of 125 words/post. We'll do our intro posts at the cruise ship first, and you are welcome to break down to multiple posts if you're over 125 words. After we all post at least once, we'll start the sink scene and roleplay it from there.
(note: I said in the pad that it's 4 posts per week, but since we have a group of 4 MCs rather than 5, it's 5 posts per week to meet the 20 posts/ship count. My bad >_> we all have to to do a minimum of 4 posts though, so those 5 extra posts could all be from one person, so the order doesn't matter)

okay I accidentally typed way more than I meant to lol but @Valkyria let me know if you have any questions! Feel free to put your thoughts/idea in the pad too :)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:44 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Thanks for summarizing, @Carina! I’m sorry I didn’t make, but I haven’t been feeling very well today. Hopefully tomorrow, I’ll be able to spring back into action. And I’m totally down for watching Gilligan’s Island!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:22 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

No worries at all!! Hope you feel better <3
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4093 Reviews

Reviews: 4093
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:05 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Hope you're feeling better @Valkyria!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:25 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Hey guys @Carina and I are watching Titanic at 7pm CST if you guys are going to be around just let me know!

Otherwise, I was going to create a doodle for Gilligan's Island but it keeps acting up. I looked at the Doodle that Carina made and it seems like the time we got together for the pad worked well for us-- should we do that same time next Saturday, the 24th? (I always forget how to do the time zone converter hnnngh)

-- Walt Disney

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:29 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I’m sorry, but we already made plans next weekend to see family.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:36 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Okay, what about that same time the weekend after? I can also do weeknights, but I don't know if those work as well for people?

-- Walt Disney

147 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:30 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I'm pretty much free most evenings lol do I have no life so whatever day would work best with Harry and Val likely works with me! Although, no pressure if you guys are busy or not feeling it. It's just a fun thing Ellie thought of that would be fun and give us some inspiration :')

SPEAKING OF...

ARE U GUYS READY TO START?? AHHHHH it's happening

I'm going to pump out my post on Monday but at this point it's a free for all! We're doing intro posts right now and El and I discussed that it doesn't really make sense for us to interact with each other in the cruise (like, ewww strangers) so this is going to be more of a "storybook" ish vibe where you go into detail of your character's background and family/friends.

Feel free to write whatever scenes you want leading up to the spa, but by the end of the week, make sure your character ends up alone (as in, their friends and family aren't with them) at the spa. :)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4093 Reviews

Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:54 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Hmm...oh well...time to give us all a reason to cry when Susan's father is lost in the wreck...hugs incoming
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

147 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:18 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

<333 susannnnnnnn

I posted btw! Hopefully it helps determine the kind of background for your posts. Remember, this will be the last time your character will see your friends/family, so even though the first week will not be that heavy with interactions, I think it's important so we can go through the ANGST turmoil.

Personally I'm going to do 3 or 4 posts with background of Jack and Olivia, but it's up to you how much time you want to write on different stuff!

Also, to make my life easier, if you can follow the "post #/5 -- XXX words" format at the end of my post, that would be awesome. Keeping track of 20 posts per week for word count will get tedious to do every week lol so it'll make my life a whole lot easier

ALSO! I just randomly thought of this, but Susan (and possibly even Eliza!) can use their sciencey brain to figure out how to get drinking water on the island. :0
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:44 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I've posted as well! Right now, she's just with Anya, but I think we have time as I think we mentioned ending up at the spa by the end of the week. It's lunch time, and I imagine we end up at the spa by mid-afternoon.

Say it's 12:00 now, we go around ~3:30ish and the dinner that will never be is planned for 7pm.

My posts are likely going to over and that's fine-- we're setting up the world.

-- Walt Disney

147 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:08 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Sounds good with me! I'm already entertained with Moira's friendship dynamic lol

also

and the dinner that will never be is planned for 7pm

thank u for the daily shot of depresso
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4093 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:11 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Ahh...they're all great!! :)...also that friendship...I got flashbacks...those conversations are the worst...but also nice in a way...

Also...the surprise that'll never be...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.
— George Eliot