z

Young Writers Society

Tales of the Deadfire DT

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:33 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Same here for Ber ;-) We've even branched out and started thinking of how the crew of the ship Arkemyr commandeered for our characters will look (it's secretly a pirate ship, so it's not gonna be a uniform crew like any of the Trading Company ships would have XD )
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:27 pm
View Likes

Good news! Our DnD friend said they'll be joining the site by latest on Friday! They just need to finish writing their last exams (Thursday) :D

We can hopefully start this adventure soon :) :P
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:44 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

That's great! I can't wait :D
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

62 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:58 pm
View Likes

@EvieEcco, just want to check up if you're still interested in joining the SB? We don't want to get someone else if the slots are already taken :D
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:49 pm
View Likes
EvieEcco says...

@ThePatchworkPilgrims Yeah I'm apart of it! I've been working on translating a D&D character into this world. School's just been a bit hectic and all so I haven't had much time to work on it. But I'm definitely apart of this! I have most of the character sheet filled out (just got stuck on the backstory) so hopefully I'll get time to wrap it all up soon!

62 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:47 pm
View Likes

Great to hear :) Also, no problem with school being hectic. We get that 100% ;-) (you were awfully quiet, so we weren't sure XD ) Glad you're still gonna join our adventure

(Btw, if you need help with a backstory, you can always PM us to ask us anything ;-) )
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:15 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Hey, I know I'm pretty late to this, but I'd love to claim a spot! I need to think about the type of character I want. I've got a pretty basic personality layout in my head, but I need to figure out fighter type and species before I can create a CP. Can I claim a spot?
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

62 Reviews

Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:36 pm
View Likes

@winterwolf0100, you are more than welcome to join! If you have any questions about the races, you can gladly ask us about them ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

33 Reviews

Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:58 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Okay, thank you! I actually do have a few questions, if you don't mind. For one, I'm heavily thinking about what race my character will be, and I'm leaning towards a godlike character with Orlan parents. For the gods who support the characters, (particularly the death gods), does the godlike character have to be "blessed" by both, or could it be one in particular? I've got some ideas floating around in my head in regards to one of them and how I could base a character particularly around some of that heritage. Also, if you feel like there's already an established cultural difference between them, would hearth orlans or wild orlans be more accepting towards that type of "blessing"? Thanks!
he/she/they

62 Reviews

Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:39 am
View Likes

Well, the two aspects of Berath (the Pallid Knight and the Usher) are technically indistinguishable from one another when it comes to the Godlike (since they both share the Death Godlike), but it could definitely be made that one of the two feels more attached/invested in your character than the other. One way you could do that is maybe by adjusting the appearance to lean more towards the one than the other (like, the Pallid Knight's affect on the appearance might be various bone-like growths/structures on the character's body that looks like armour, while the Usher's affect might be skin patches that look unimaginably old/cracked, etc.) One thing that all Godlike have is a change to their face though, so that is the most essential part (so the PK might make a godlike have a carapace growth covering large parts of their face like a helmet, while the Usher's might look more like a death mask)

As to the cultural views of Death Godlike- in general, most wild orlan tribes (like that don't interact with outside civilisations often), Death Godlike, in fact all Godlike, are seen as omens/messengers from the gods, and as such highly respected. In the Deadfire in particular, Death Godlike are almost revered as demigods, irregardless of the race (of course, the Huana people of the Deadfire would prefer an aumaua, but yeah). If your character's parents are from the Vailian republics though (they have a trading company presence in the Deadfire), then a Death Godlike would not be as revered (since most Vailians are not as religious, given their links to animancy)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

33 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:22 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Okay, thank you! For some reason, it did not tell me you responded, even though I’m subscribed to this dt! Okay, when I get some time tomorrow I’m going to start nailing down a more solid character idea and writing the dt. Thanks! :)
he/she/they

33 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:52 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

I'm nearly done with my CP! All I have left is filling out the appearance. How tall do you think the average Orlan is? They're described as shorter than dwarves but the dwarfish height is never specified.
he/she/they

62 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:02 pm
View Likes

Hmmm... So, I'd say Dwarves are probably between 75-65% the height of a human from our earth, meaning Orlans are somewhere between 55-65% the height of an "average" human (but, just like with humans, you could get taller or shorter orlans)

We tried looking up on the lore of the Pillars of Eternity games for more specific heights, but they don't really provide those, so most of this is just free creative license in our opinion :)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:17 am
View Likes

On another note- We feel that we can start writing intro posts. Once winter's character is uploaded, wethinks that we could get this show on the road (if y'all are keen) We could either leave the open slot characters "out of the spotlight" for the first bit until anyone joins to make them (We get the feeling two priests and a Godlike will be an interesting trio on their own), or we could entirely "kill them off"/say they died during the original heist or something, and then have any new joiners be completely unrelated to the heist characters.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

33 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:04 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Sorry it took me a while! I just submitted my CP for review : )
he/she/they

sweet mother of asparagus
— GengarIsBestBoy