The Reawakening of Hickory Grove [OOC]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:29 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I LOVE THIS IDEA TOO

I went ahead and word barfed some ideas on the pad! might be >_> a little biased <_< since most of the ideas involved Mari lol but obvs feel free to add your own!

for reference, here's what I wrote:

• Mari/Fil: Mari will help Fil defend herself and overall help her become a stronger character (mentally and physically) -- probably some secret heist scenario since they can go incognito
  • Mari/Phoenix/Daphne: the three of them have powers related to energy so they go train and learn things from each other
  • Daphne/Dora/(possibly Mari): Dora probably enlists Daphne's help to electrify her machines... and possibly also Mari as she's like "UGH ok I guess I'll help -_-" and welds and uses steam
  • Daphne/Fil: I see the two of them just being all *shy shy shy* but adorably so
  • Jane/Fil: these two have powers that I think would make a good pair
  • (probably for later) Mari/Jane: doing some chaotic things, but later Jane calls Mari out on some lies and she helps her become softer/more vulnerable
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:12 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Those ideas look great, @Carina! I really love the idea of Mari and Jane doing chaotic things and then having a soft session where Jane calls Mari out on lies. It wasn't my original intention for her character, but I really like the idea of Jane being seriously spooked by how much people don't tell the truth. Not just hardcore, serious lying - like white lies, which still aren't the truth.

(Maybe I could even have a point where she's afraid to talk to her friends because her power is starting to get too strong and she's terrified to find out they're lying to her about things? That might be a fun way to explore her character and powers. >>)

I can't throw my ideas on the pad just yet, but I'll put together Jane's montage in a bit!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:45 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I threw my ideas in the pad!

A lot of it was just me brainstorming, so I'll throw a summary here to make it a little easier: Jane's training montage would basically be on her own, with her occasionally bugging Nathan for more information on how to use her powers. She would try her best to help out the others with their training, but her powers at the start wouldn't really be strong enough to do more than call out their insecurities.

At some point, three Big Things would happen:

• Jane helps Mari get past her lies and in the process starts questioning what would happen if she finds out something about her friends that they didn't tell her. (Gotta love some paranoia!)
  • Jane's worst nightmare comes true when she finds out that Daphne is lesbian by mistake, and doesn't know what to do because she doesn't want to out her but also doesn't know how to tell Daphne she found out.
  • And while all of this internal dilemma is going on, Jane starts figuring out things about everyone else's past lives - but keeps hitting a roadblock with hers. She starts to realize that Nathan keeps avoiding the subject every single time she hounds him about it.

I have no idea how much of this is the training montage and how much is just fun things down the line, but I wanted to throw those ideas here too. c:

also this post is definitely longer than I thought it would be
mage

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Reviews: 4095
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:18 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Yay!! Looks like it did make sense after all!! I'll throw my own stuff in soon!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:30 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I love these ideas!! so glad jane will help make mari soft lol

ALSO mari is also a bit in the closet too (but only by questioning her sexuality - she dun know for sure) but it's more of a recent development and I doubt that jane would be able to expose this right away

although it would be hilarious if they talk about mari's exes and she's just all *nervous laughter* LOOOL

anyways yes das it, I shall patiently wait for everyone else's ideas
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4095 Reviews

Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:57 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

The ideas are finally here........sooooryy it toook so long...I've been applying to universities left and right the past few weeks.

-Daph/ Jane and the sexuality secret crisis
-Def some Daph/Dora hang out time perhaps...I feel like they meshed pretty well in that intro post...and now that Daph's powers would make this even better...maybe a scene of Daph learning to control her powers as she helps Dora..general out of control electricity mayhem.
-Daph/Fil bonding time...I doooo love the idea of arguably the most introverted pair being adorable together
-Daph being dragged into a superhero scheme or two and getting yelled at by grandma
-Snapshots of the times and places where they each come up with their superhero name

Available in the pad too...soo...how many people are left to put up the ideas?

Edit: This will be available as soon as wfp is back online....
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:03 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Don't worry about how long it took, @HarryHardy! Those ideas look great. I really love the idea of Daph getting dragged into hanging out with the others/various superhero shenanigans - I think it would be a fun way to explore her character! :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi guys! It's been a little while since there were any posts here, so I thought I would give this thread a friendly little nudge. c:
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:39 am
View Likes
Carina says...

hello hello!! I think last we talked, we were going to plan things out? but got side tracked haha

have we settled on who's going to be posting what next?
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4095 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:39 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

I think we were in the idea splooge part of things...perhaps now that everyone has chucked in their ideas we can figure out a relatively coherent timeline for all of this to happen and start assigning a posting order. We should have enough ideas to figure out a posting order for the next ten or fifteen posts I think judging by just how many different things were mentioned.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4095 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:39 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Sooo....umm....what's gonna happen first then?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:40 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

That’s an excellent question, Harry.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Yeah. >>

As of right now, it looks like the last two posts were from me, @Carina and @Valkyria. It would probably be good for someone else to go before any of us go again, but we can always play around with that order if we have to!

I think a lot of our ideas can be switched around depending on who's going. Like Daphne and Dora could technically hang out before Jane helps Mari with her powers, but we could also just as easily switch it around. Our plans seem pretty flexible. c:

Who wants to post next?
mage

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Mon May 10, 2021 4:16 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

This is just a couple of months late....but I think I can volunteer now....hmm...soo which part could we write here...aka..who can collab atm?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

147 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 11, 2021 2:13 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I'm down for collabing! what scene is next? aksldjfhksj
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh