Young Writers Society

The Reawakening of Hickory Grove [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:45 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The CP is all set! It's longer than mine usually are, but I thought it would be a good idea to have a more in-depth one because our characters are supposed to close friends. If you have any questions about the different sections, let me know!

The Power/Weird Quirks section is where you can include their superhero abilities, as well as whatever they were like before they realized they were reincarnated. Everyone should be in junior year at an American-style high school, so I'm assuming they'll all be around 15-17 years old depending on when their birthdays are. Family situation is what their family is like (so siblings, parents, etc.) and experience with school is basically what they're like as a student.

You can also put as little as you want with the reincarnation history - that way we can have fun teasing it out as the story goes along. It's also the one section I definitely want to update as the story progresses, since it'll change depending on what our characters remember.

I hope that all makes sense!

Code: Select all
[small-caps][b]Name/Nicknames:[/b][/small-caps]

[small-caps][b]Eventual Superhero Name:[/b][/small-caps]

[small-caps][b]Gender/Pronouns:[/b][/small-caps]

[small-caps][b]Sexuality/Up for Romance:[/b][/small-caps]

[small-caps][b]Age:[/b][/small-caps]

[small-caps][b]Appearance:[/b][/small-caps]

[small-caps][b]Personality:[/b][/small-caps]

[small-caps][b]Powers/Weird Other Quirks:[/b][/small-caps]

[small-caps][b]Family Situation:[/b][/small-caps]

[small-caps][b]Experience w/ School:[/b][/small-caps]

[small-caps][b]Backstory:[/b][/small-caps]

[small-caps][b]Reincarnation History [Can Be Updated]:[/b][/small-caps]

[small-caps][b]Other:[/b][/small-caps]
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

So for the spam, but if anyone is free right now, I'm in the pad and throwing together a CP for Jane!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Jane is officially up! If you want to check out her CP to find out what she's all about - or to get ideas for your own - you now can. :)
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:10 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Yay!! I'll probably get mine in sometime this weekend :9 I like how detailed the CP is - it's giving me some light bulbs on how to flesh out Mari.

also after reading through Jane's CP, Mari and Jane are 100% definitely going to be one chaotic pair lol
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks! I don't usually flesh my CPs out that much, but Jane has been kicking around in my head for at least a year - so I feel like I've already gotten a pretty strong feel for her character!
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:58 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I made some notes in the pad, and am working on adapting them into a cp! Should only take a few days
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:04 am
View Likes
Corvid says...

Just saw that I've been tagged, and while I would love to join uni has just started up again and I'm a bit slammed. (that being said, i look forward to reading this and seeing where it goes! have fun!)
"yeet"
- albert einstein

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:34 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Your section on Theodora looks great, @SirenCymbaline!

And @Corvid, I completely understand! I hope it's a good read :)
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:03 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

I love the characters so far!! I'm so excited to scheme up silly histories and to start this SB <3 I also added some comments on the pad!

I'm going to try to finish my character tonight so I'll be lurking in the pad until it's mostly done-ish. I wouldn't mind company if anyone's up for some scheming! I think it'd be neat to think of individual backstories on how everyone got to know one another :9
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm also really in love with the characters! I wanted to say it earlier, but I was busy cleaning the house when Phoenix and Fil's CPs were submitted. I said it over in the pad, too, but I can one hundred percent see Phoenix being the one to rein Marisol & Jane in.

Also, I'm pretty sure Jane's going to be weirdly drawn to Fil for reasons she can't really explain that I can explain: Fil isn't good with lying, and Jane's pretty much drawn to the truth.

As a last note: I love how all of the powers/characters so far have some kind of overlap! If it's not with similar backstories, it's with similar powers. I'm really excited to see how they bond even more than they already have once they start learning more about their past lives. <3
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:00 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Aaaand I submitted mine! I kinda word barfed and then didn't know how to clean it up so sorry it's so long lol

By the way, I find it hilarious that everyone so far excels at school... except Mari. LOL

It's even more ironic since I'm an engineer irl, so it will low-key be challenging to try to write her up super oblivious to how any science works in front of all her engineering-loving friends. And someone will have to pls explain her powers later because she'll just be like "HEAT GOES IN, I DO STUFF" asdkfhfgsd

also sorry if I made her powers more technical/sci-fi than it needs to be asdlfhjsd but I learned about this concept in my heat transfer class and I couldn't help but think "hmm this would be a super cool superpower to roleplay one day" SO HERE I AMMMM

on another note, Fil must be protected at all costs <3
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:55 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@Carina THAT'S PERFECT because I'm writing an engineer for this and I know zero things, I would love for you to tell me things

Also Dora is def gonna try convincing Mari to do some experiments with her and power some gadgets for her the moment she learns that she has em
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

4096 Reviews

Reviews: 4096
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:27 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

All those profiles are amazing!!

@Carina Science is good..is a certified super nerd in both the sb and real life...so there shall be even more science in this...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:27 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Carina, Mari looks great! I'm one hundred percent down for science-based powers. I'm actually a bio major (with the goal of teaching in a high school someday) so my favorite thing is combining actual scientific principles with magic.

I don't really need engineering for Jane's character, but I'd also be happy to learn anything you tell Siren. :)

Who knows? Maybe Jane had an engineering documentary phase a little while ago and knows a bunch of random facts because of it. >>
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:32 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

@SirenCymbaline YES just let me know if you want to turn up the engineer notch by 100 and I gotchu. xD And I can definitely see how Mari would be useful for creating machines and other gadgets! She can basically weld without flames, make most material malleable, give an initial heat source that mimics propulsion, and take away excess heat if things are overheating. aaaand now I'm realizing how perfect of a combo engineering + heat transfer is lol. She wouldn't be able to power things though, that's Daphne's job :P

@HarryHardy HECK YEA *high fives* I put this on the pad but imma call Daphne the Electron Queen xD

@Magebird yay!! I'm super stoked that the powers are diverse. And if I can explain what science everyone's superpower could related to, then: Mari's is heat transfer EM waves, Daphne's is movement of electrons, Dora's is Big Brain ? (lol), Jane's is related to psychology ish, Phoenix's is vibrating oxygen/nitrogen molecules (my best guess :P), and Fil's is genetically heightened senses ish.

Now the only thing that would make this perfect is someone with a biology or cell-related powder lol mage pls bribe ur bro
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything's different?
— C.S. Lewis