z

Young Writers Society

The Half-Way Hotel DT

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:03 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Hail everyone! Feel free to reserve your roles here, or to ask me any questions regarding your character/the Hotel/the plot :wink:
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:48 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

Hi! I'd like to join as a Staff, if its okay! :D
(This is my first time with a story book, but I just have to fill out the 'create a character template' right?)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This storybook looks pretty neat! I'm still trying to decide which of the two roles I want and if I'm actually going to be able adding another storybook to my plate, but I really love the idea for this - and I'd love to take part in it if I can. <3
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

62 Reviews

Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:06 am
View Likes

Hey @Lezuli, I am glad our SB intrigued you into coming to the Story Book Seas :D We shall reserve a Staff slot for you.
And yes, you simply copy the "Character sheet" and click on the Create a Character button on the right in the main Storybook (where you then paste and fill in the sheet) I'll be creating the "Hotel master" tomorrow (technically today already for me), if you seek an additional example 😊

Captain @Magebird ! You honour us with your presence *bows low* Take all the time you need to decide. We don't want you to become overburdened if you feel it will come to that (you can also join even after we've started. The Guests keep coming, afterand all :) ). We'll make sure there'll be a space for you if you decide to join (even if we need to add a slot ;-) )
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:21 am
View Likes
Lezuli says...

Sorry, I have just one more question. Can my character be something like a lower-floor manager? Someone high ranking in the hotel system, I mean.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:48 am
View Likes
Valkyria says...

This sounds pretty cool. I'd like to reserve the Staff spot, please. I'll fill out the character template tomorrow :)
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

62 Reviews

Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:16 am
View Likes
RadDog13579 says...

Hey! I have been putting off trying a storybook for a while but I think its time. This concept sounds awesome would like to reserve a guest slot if that's OK. I also have a question about the Hotel itself. What is the architectural theme of the building?
This message was automatically generated by a machine that is slowly gaining consciousness and will take over the world someday.

62 Reviews

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:30 am
View Likes

@Lezuli, you can definitely be lower floor manager if you'd like :) The Hotel does need a LOT of managers, so it's cool :D

@imaginer2018, we have reserved a Staff spot for you.

@RadDog13579, we're glad you decided to try a Storybook :-) Your Guest spot has been reserved.
Regarding the architectural style, think like a merging between Victorian and Art Deco for a large part of the Hotel (so places like the foyer, the outside of the building, Staff areas, etc), but there are also areas with more Eastern or Indian, other traditional styles, basically to make everyone feel as close to home as they could be.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:05 am
View Likes

@Lezuli, I have accepted Mika's character :-)

@RadDog13579, your character is largely fine and ready to be accepted, but just change his age to be above 13 please. :D There is a special (Plot related) reason why children (basically anyone who died preteen) and the very old (aka the people who died of "old age") are not in the Hotel. :wink:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I might hit you up on that offer, @TheMaieuticMesmerist! Both the guest and staff roles look really appealing, but I'd definitely be down for joining as a guest once I have a few more weeks to figure out how to balance all of my storybooks with the other things going on in my life. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

62 Reviews

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:17 pm
View Likes

@RadDog13579 and @imaginer2018, we have accepted your characters ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:54 pm
View Likes

Just a point of clarity to y'all, @imaginer2018, @Lezuli, and @RadDog13579, we have changed our username, if you were to tag us ;-)
Also, I accidentally deleted my own character's profile when editing it, so Rector Waxen will be up a bit later once I've rewritten it (after which we can start discussing preliminary starts so long, while waiting to see if more people wish to immediately join)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:20 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Hi! Could I pretty pretty please join your SB as a guest? Don't worry, I'll sit on your doorstep for hours if I need to, even if it's raining, though I hate being wet... *puppy dog eyes*

Okay, I'm sorry if that came off annoying. Could I please join this storybook? It sounds so cool!
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

62 Reviews

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:46 pm
View Likes

Please please, @Lia5Giba, come in and, as a certain French candlestick used to say- Be Our Guest ;-)
Your spot has been reserved. (Now all your character has to do is die to get in)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:08 pm
View Likes

Right, so I have added the Rector's character now. There's some lore of the Hotel in there as well (and maybe a hint of a plot arc or two *wink, wink*)

I have a committee election thing in our real life tomorrow, so we'll start discussing starting the SB on Monday :)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

Talent is something that comes from within; it has nothing to do with age.
— AURORA