Young Writers Society

The Wayfarers [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

If you're in The Warehouse: A Rebooted Superhero Story, you've probably already seen a post like this. But, since I'm pretty sure most of the writers in that roleplay are different than this one, here's a little explanation!

The discussion section of the site is typically used for storybooks, but the idea to use them for roleplays instead was recently suggested to me. I really liked the idea, so I thought I'd try it out with some of my own roleplays! The first one that I made it for was because the plot was complicated, but the reason for The Wayfarers' DT is that I'm still trying to figure out a lot of the plot. I wanted a low-stakes roleplay that I didn't have to put too much effort into beforehand, but I also don't want this story to die out farther down the line because I didn't think far enough ahead.

The inspiration for this roleplay came from a tag I have over on my Tumblr called setting inspo, and the picture from the very start of the roleplay came from this post. My very loose plot idea is to have the mist transport them from one place to another - and theoretically visit a group of places resembling the photos I have saved on my blog!

I just need to figure out 1) why the mist transports them and 2) how to find some fun conflict so feel free to suggest ideas for both!

This DT is also a place to theorize, geek out about recent posts, and, very occasionally, bug people about posting. Basically, it takes the place of the spoilers in posts!

I'll post a link to this over in the actual roleplay too - since we sadly don't get the fancy blue button that storybooks have - but here's a tag in case you don't see it:

@Carina @TheMulticoloredCyr @VioletFantasy @imaginer2018 @soundofmind
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

To kick off this thread: I love where the conversation is going in the roleplay right now. I've mentioned/hinted at it before, but Lykos is from ancient Greece - and he actually has a very strong tie to the underworld. Hydras don't really exist in his story, so he's going to be very confused the next time I get a post up. :P
mage

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:33 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

one small step for man, and one small step for... posting-in-a-DT-for-an-RP

Thanks for making this Mage!! <3 (mainly because I wanted to say that I edited my last post but I didn't want to take up a whole post of enspoilered ooc announcing this lol BUT ALSO-)

mist transport them from one place to another

umm are you sure it's not sauna death mist because I def thought it was death mist

askdjfhds I can't wait for the mass confusion and hysteria with all the characters lol I mean-- uh, character development, of course

my vote's on the mist transporting everyone to modern Athens or something so we can learn a piece of Lykos/Annabeth's background heheh
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:35 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Ooh, I love this idea!

I was thinking that the group tried to find shelter to rest for the night, but they find the mist has blocked everything off. They try to walk inland, but they soon find the mist is closing in on all sides.

This is an idea maybe you can use. Hope it helps!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:36 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Meanwhile, Kaz is just like what the f is going on and is also trying to hide the pain of a very recent bullet wound so he is just going to have a time™

KAZ IS FROM A MODERN WORLD but he knows nothing about greek mythology LOL so he's just like confusion x1000

Also wow I love how Elias is totally in denial, poor boy

AND BLESS ANNABETH FOR ASKING FOR NAMES!!!! These guys need to introduce themselves lollllll

AND HMMM MIST??? MIST THAT TRANSPORTS PEOPLE? it'd be cool if it took them to a greece lookin place, that could be fun uwu

I also like the idea of them looking for a place to rest for the night and getting trapped by the mist!! SUSPENSE!!!! Good idea imaginer!

I don't have any ideas at the moment tho ahskfgjdhl
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:45 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Elias: jumps off rocks and faceplants into rocks
Annabeth: i shall heal u
Kaz: slowly dies of bullet wound no one knows about

SOUND WHY MUST U TORTURE US WITH HIS ANGUISH

also Elias doesn't know anything about greek mythology either so itll be like they're saying gibberish but then again most things are probably gibberish to him lol

and I also like the idea of trying to avoid the mist!! they may be able to avoid the mist but the must cannot avoid them oof
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:49 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

KAZIMIR ISN'T DYING!!!!! I MEAN... at least not yet. For the moment, his wound is cared for and blood loss is under control. That said.... if he were to say, over-exert himself....... or hit his leg or something .. . .. . .. ..... >:)

I'M HALF JOKING LOL but we'll see, he will be fine, just fine

ONE THING ABOUT THE MIST THOUGH: I don't think Kazimir, at least, thinks it's like, an immediate threat. Yeah it's spooky and wary but idk if he'd think "oh we need to avoid it" without someone maybe smarter or more cautios/paranoid suggesting it lol
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

159 Reviews

Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:55 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

This morning, I was watching Scoobynatural, an episode of Supernatural, and it was hilarious! (My first episode of the show.)

Maybe, the conflict is a mystery they have to solve. They have to work together using their different strengths. It'll be fun to see the characters interact based on their personalities!

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:05 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

SOUND OMg can't unsee leg now

why can I see eilas and kaz becoming... the weirdest friends

That is a v fair point!! I think the coolest thing about this RP is that it's a bunch of characters from wildly different backgrounds and personalities and it'll be entertaining to see them figure out how to return "to normal"

I almost wonder if there's any point in planning as a group because I feel like there's going to be at least one character that will disagree LOL gotta love the chaos but that's for sure part of the fun

also I think I've seen that episode! and it was so meta and chaotic and hilarious and we need that energy
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

askdjfhds I can't wait for the mass confusion and hysteria with all the characters lol I mean-- uh, character development, of course

Character confusion is where it's at. :P Not going to lie - I always get a kick out of when characters are seriously confused in shows! Watching The Hollow - which was lowkey an inspiration for this - definitely didn't help with that addiction. :P

I was thinking that the group tried to find shelter to rest for the night, but they find the mist has blocked everything off. They try to walk inland, but they soon find the mist is closing in on all sides.

I love that idea!

AND BLESS ANNABETH FOR ASKING FOR NAMES!!!! These guys need to introduce themselves lollllll

I'm always grateful when someone asks for names in roleplays - especially when my character is too much of a distracted introvert to do it. :P

Elias: jumps off rocks and faceplants into rocks
Annabeth: i shall heal u
Kaz: slowly dies of bullet wound no one knows about

RIP Kaz.

I'll laugh if Lykos needs that hydra's blood down the line.

This morning, I was watching Scoobynatural, an episode of Supernatural, and it was hilarious! (My first episode of the show.)

I love that episode and your suggestion!! I never got far enough to see the episode in Supernatural season-wise, but I decided to skip ahead just to watch it. I think I've watched it at least three times now? It was such a love letter to Scooby Doo and Supernatural, and I honestly will never get tired of analyzing it/rewatching it.

Especially when my friends have been there for pretty much every rewatch of it.

Going to a Greek place next would definitely be cool, and I'm one hundred percent down for modern Athens! Maybe we can hit up places that have something to do with each of the characters?
mage

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:13 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Now that you mentioned the Hollow, I can see the inspiration. I'm watching Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts, and I love that show.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:18 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Maybe we can hit up places that have something to do with each of the characters?

IDEA !!

Imagine: the characters can only go back to their homeworld once everyone is able to empathize and understand each other. The mist will take them to six locations (or seven, if we wanna test run the first location lol) for the six characters, with each location meaning something significant to one of the characters, so it will be their character arc.

how sweet and sad it will be after they reach all the arcs and then never see each other again ;_;
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:30 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

If we're going to modern Athens and going specifically to places that relate to our characters.....the Parthenon. We should go to the Parthenon. Specifically.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

159 Reviews

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:32 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Ooh, I have an idea!

If each location is significant to each character, there's a danger they all have to overcome. If they overcome the danger, they can go to the mist or the mist comes anyway.

On the rocks is their first danger. A natural disaster or something else that gives the characters no choice but to run towards the mist because there's nothing else to run to.

It develops their character further.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:37 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I like that idea!

For the rocks, maybe the disaster can be something generic, like you said, because it's not specific to a character. Just something to drive everyone into the mist so we can all get started on the character torture development!

Maybe an earthquake? Or a storm starts up over the water and drives them inland?
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

Sometimes wisdom came from strange places, even from giant teenaged goldfish.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena