z

Young Writers Society

'The Odin', Part One: Finding the Odin OOC

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:08 pm
View Likes
IamI says...

Your right. I misremembered. The time gap is twenty years. My bad.
-_-

Reviews: 4
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:43 pm
View Likes
JasmineFelicia says...

I posted it! I was a little unsure about the writing for John and stuff, So I hope it's good!
Hi, the name is Jasmine, but you can call me Jaz! Nice to meet you :D !

44 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:41 am
View Likes
IamI says...

Looks good to me!
-_-

4100 Reviews

Reviews: 4100
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:50 am
KateHardy says...

It was great!!

I loved that little touch with the mayor's office thing.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Reviews: 4
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:33 am
View Likes
JasmineFelicia says...

Thanks!
Hi, the name is Jasmine, but you can call me Jaz! Nice to meet you :D !

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:20 am
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

Everything's looking great, it's been fun reading all the parts. :)

Wait, does this mean its my turn now?
because if so I, uh... *nervous laugh* may have an idea of what I might write which may conflict with how the plot's going so far.
Last edited by QuoolQuo on Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:48 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

I think that when there's a possibility that your post may contradict others or have character personality dilemmas, we generally use WFPs? That way, you can settle things with your fellow writers without stepping on anyone's toes. :D
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

64 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:45 am
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

Ah, I am unfamiliar with the term WFP (am I right in the guess WriterFeed Pad?) but anyway, on a rethink, I might be able to end it with the whole 'going off to find the crew' thing.
Basically, I was planning to perhaps experiment with a kind of split-personality thingy with my character which entails a kind of memory loss so Harpy might have a bit of recognition with names but not have a clear idea of who they are, thus the outcome of not being so enthused to meet up with the rest of the crew.
However, the plot does need to progress so I could perhaps mix in a whole curiosity aspect to fix the issue.
Either way, I'll put it all in a pad so you can all tell me what to change to make it work better overall.

4100 Reviews

Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:18 pm
KateHardy says...

That sounds great @HGsomeone, not sure what the rest will think but personally I love that idea.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

4100 Reviews

Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:45 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

That was a great post @Lia5Giba, Vie sounds like a really fun character and I loved that little touch of mystery there in the middle with him wanting to hear from one specific person.

And looking forward to you're post @HGSomeone
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

64 Reviews

Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:26 am
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

I don't know how my post is going to hold up in comparison to the others. They're all so much better.

Anyway, I finally finished so here it is.
https://hgsomeone.writerfeedpad.com/1

At the end I've included two possible endings for whichever way is better for the plot to go forwards, please tell me whichever you think would be best and I can make the post (with a possible edit or two here and there)

4100 Reviews

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:54 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

I think the pad is set to private. :)
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

64 Reviews

Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:10 am
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

Sorry about that, I think I'm slowly coming to the realisation that I'm just not so good with technology.

Hopefully it'll work now
https://hgsomeone.writerfeedpad.com/2

44 Reviews

Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:04 pm
View Likes
IamI says...

I like ending one. Maybe we could have rest of the crew get together and reach her and try to convince her to join them, I think that would be interesting.
-_-

64 Reviews

Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:27 am
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

Cool Cool.
I'll make the post now though I'll keep the second ending tucked away somewhere just in case if there's a sudden radical change of plan.

Your idea with the whole crew together sounds good too, but building on it, what if it were more of a re-crossing of paths sort of situation. Like, the crew are about to do a heist and then Harpy just happens to walk by. The largest issue though is that the coincidence is a bit far-fetched, but ~anyway~
This sort of gave me the idea that perhaps if she were to see them again in the flesh or if they looked like they were struggling, she might snap back into action.
You see, I kind of want to experiment with writing a character that has a split personality type thing so the snapping back would be into a past self (I might go rewrite some of the character description to go a little more in depth so need to worry about it here).

But enough of my ramblings, I'm excited to see who's going next

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic