z

Young Writers Society

The Cataclyx [DT]

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:02 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

There I changed it again. You can edit it now.
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:09 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alright, it's working! For some reason everybody but (I'm assuming) Necro is anonymous, but that's fine.

114 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:28 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Alright! I finished my post. Who wants to go next? (We can discuss plot and stuff in the google doc.)
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

4065 Reviews

Reviews: 4065
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:34 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

I can go next.

What are the things that would need to be mentioned?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

142 Reviews

114 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:16 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

The order so far: @Necromancer14, @HarryHardy, @LZPianoGirl,

And Harry basically you need to introduce your character, though I do have some ideas of what could happen.

So, since you work for the government, the government would probably get calls about "monsters attacking" and you get sent to investigate. Now, the person who made a call that you need to investigate I think should either be Kassandra or Cleopatra/Cleo's parents.

If it's Kassandra your character will learn about her mysterious powers and that could open up some interesting possibilities, maybe some suspense-inducing misunderstandings.

If it's Cleopatra your character will end up learning about the Cataclyx and end up coming into contact with Larry.

This shouldn't end up all happening in the first post, (it doesn't even have to happen at all if you have a better idea) but you should, as you introduce your character, maybe reveal a little background (not too much. You want to leave things to weave in later) and start your character on whatever path you want.

There. I don't know if that was helpful or answered your question Harry, but there's some of my scheming.

Also this doesn't only happen in Harry's posts; other characters can write about this too as they interact with Daisy.

4065 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:03 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Okayy...will do @Necromancer14, I'll start with maybe a typical day for Daisy with some background for her and then i'll end the post with her getting summoned to her boss' office saying that its something important.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

114 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:05 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Sounds great @Harryhardy! I can't wait to read it.

142 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:22 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Sounds awesome, but where should I start after that? Just a normal day for Kassy and then something weird happens, like accidentally using her powers?

114 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:32 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

@LZPianoGirl that sounds good! And you can add foreshadowing or other things if you want to spice things up a tad.

4065 Reviews

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:59 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Okay I posted. See if its any good.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

142 Reviews

Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:40 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

It's great! My dad is using my laptop for the rest of the day, so I'll try to get the next post out tomorrow!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:47 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Yes, it looks good. So I should go after LZ?
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

114 Reviews

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:47 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Sure, @Shadeflame! And then @kattee can go.

Also @HarryHardy yes it's good.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:59 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

i'll try to start mine now since it's somewhat an introduction <3
If you want some sweet reviews to your poems, short stories, and essays, come by Katteelogue.

Have a lovely day❤️

Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
— Carl Sandburg