World Conquerors: A Magical Girl SB [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hello there!

Before I get into the lore of this storybook, I just wanted to acknowledge that a good chunk of the plot was inspired by a conversation I had with @SirenCymbaline, @soundofmind and @Lia5Giba over on Discord.

Here’s a rundown of the storybook and its plot:

Every writer has two characters: the alien sibling and the normal human they chose as their protector/savior/whatever term you feel the most comfortable using!

Before we make any final decisions on the siblings, we’ll do some scheming over in this pad to iron out their dynamics. The goal for the siblings is to make them as realistic as possible - so the oldest sibling will likely be a very different kind of person than the youngest.

Each alien sibling decided to come to Earth after Queen Amule and King Ollow of the Equiribli Empire proclaimed that the first person to conquer it got dibs. This was really a ploy to get people other than their kids to take care of all of the dirty work for them, but their kids didn’t get the memo. The order they come can vary, and will probably be something we iron out in the pad, too.

Our human characters were minding their own business when they came into contact with your alien sibling. Each alien sibling has some special way of interacting with them - though there can definitely be overlap. For example, one sibling might possess an animal, another might be able to interact through a computer, one grants power through jewelry, etc.

Our story will have three sets of enemies, which correspond to three loose arcs. The first, most defined one is when the characters see each other as enemies. The second arc basically goes on until the end of the story - it’s when the attention shifts from fighting each other to fighting the king and queen. The third arc, hinted at from the start and concluding during the middle of the fight against the king and queen are corrupted humans - people who a third enemy have corrupted with their technology to fight against the main cast.

I’ll write up a more defined list of worldbuilding later, but this is the basics of it.

As a last point: feel free to go crazy with your transformations and characters. If you want a girl with pants, give her pants. If you want to write a guy who’s totally down with the traditional magical outfit, give him that. And characters who don’t identify as either a guy or a girl are cool, too. It’s really up to you!

This storybook will be going on for a while, so all I ask is that you stay committed to it. If life happens and you need to take a break or drop out, please let us know. But I fully intend to finish this storybook, and I hope that you’ll be able to stick around to its conclusion.

As of right now, the confirmed cast is just me and @SebiGhoul. The people I tagged in the beginning of this post all have tentative places in the cast, so chances are I’ll only be accepting two more writers until they tell me for sure if they’re joining.

But please tell me if you’re interested so I can let you know if any more spots open up! :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:00 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Alright. I’m here.

Could I join?

(Ooh, that’s blunt. Much more blunt than I thought it would be.)
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:05 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Bruhhh, I'm not sure it's fair to let loose a concept this phenomenal and have so few slots for it, you should make a few more

PS I'll let you know once I got a character concept hehe
I'll prolly join you know I can't resist this stuff
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:44 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Happy to be a part of this. Will work on my CP when I finish a couple other things on my to do list
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:00 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Lia5Giba, welcome to the SB! :)

@SirenCymbaline, I know - I keep wanting to add more, but I also don't want to do too many characters. If everyone who helped come up with it was a part of, as well as Sebi, that's already five people. Seven seems like just the right number. :)

@SebiGhoul, that reminds me - I still need to make a CP for this! It'll probably just be a recycled version of the one I use in my other storybooks, but it'll definitely be a little bit before I have one up.

In the meantime, maybe we can start scheming over on the pad for the alien sibling dynamics?
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Little update from the Discord server: the human characters live in a small town that's beside a city, but the city is where all of the magical girl shenanigans take place. :)
mage

queer and here.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:39 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Hey Mage! Not sure if you're still accepting, but all my other SBs are so very slow, and I'd really love to be part of one that actually has an ending. If that's the end goal, I'm super in. Also magical girls are epic. If there's still space, I'd love to join!

Obviously I understand if there isn't any more room. I'll keep an eye out for updates once y'all start writing though!
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Ventomology, we're definitely still accepting! soundofmind isn't going to be participating in this SB, so we have some more spots open. I can go add you to the list of people in it.

I'm not sure if you're interested in joining the Discord for the Saeverse, but there's a link in the first post of the DT if you are! We've been doing some scheming there, but we can also switch to scheming here instead.

And I love your current avatar! :)
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:53 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Extremely important question: are we doing attack names?

Because I love attack names so much, I will probably do them anyway

But will they be necessary for everyone in this SB?
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:49 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

...That's a very good question.

I guess it depends on what everyone else wants to do? I'm down for not having them or for having them - it doesn't really change the plot up.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Me, finally making CPs? It's more likely than you think.

(Also, to keep the CP section from getting cluttered with fourteen characters, I've decided to merge together the alien and human character profiles so we can 1) focus on our human protagonists and 2) not get overrun with profiles.)

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Human's Name:[/b]

[b]Alien's Name's Name:[/b]

[center][small-caps][b][i]human's name goes here[/i][/b][/small-caps][/center]

[b]Magical Girl Alias, If Present:[/b]

[b]Age + High School Year:[/b]

[b]Gender + Pronouns:[/b]

[b]Sexuality & Romance Availability:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Appearance when Transformed:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Power Set:[/b]

[b]Brief History:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]

[center][small-caps][b][i]alien's name goes here[/i][/b][/small-caps][/center]

[b]Age + Age Ranking:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Motivations for Ruling Earth:[/b]

[b]Object/Animal They Possess:[/b]
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:25 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey everyone! You should have all been tagged in the post, but as a little heads up - I decided to create a challenge for creating your CP. You can see it here. As long as you get a CP in during the next two weeks and post in the challenge thread, you'll get 1 credit. :)

On a different note, would anyone object to me closing this sb? I was originally thinking we should have seven siblings, but so far only six people are interested - and six siblings still gives us plenty to work with.
mage

queer and here.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:10 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

I'd love to start soon, so i don't mind it closing :)
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Since no one objected to six writers instead of seven, I'm going to close this storybook. :)

As of right now, only @SebiGhoul hasn't posted a CP yet - and I know Sebi is planning on doing it today. Once the writing conference I'm attending this weekend is over, I can write up a challenge and start the first round of posts.

Also: don't forget to claim a credit for completing your CP!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The first post is now up! :)

I was originally going to have Tony's first transformation in my post, but I think it'll be funnier for her transformation to be referred to later on without actually being shown.

Also, feel free to start writing your own posts! The first round should be focused on the humans meeting the aliens that give them their powers. You can include transformations and powers if you want, but it's really up to you!
mage

queer and here.

“If lightning is the anger of the gods, then the gods are concerned mostly about trees.”
— Lao Tzu