Young Writers Society

Dreamers [DT]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:59 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I loved everyone's dream posts!! Ya'll are so creative! Okay, with the first round of dream posts already out of the way that means we're on to the:

AWAKE TIME POSTS!

For these I want to have 2-3 posts of interactions between the characters as they do life in the facility. Since they don't have a lot to do while they're there it'll be very character-driven. I want them to have conversations about their lives and get to know each other.

I'd love to have people volunteer to write posts from their character's POV and for others to collaborate with them on their posts! For example - I'd love to do a post where Jessica and Rachel interact because I think Jessica might naturally be drawn to Rachel at first since they're closer in age. So @Elinor if you wanted to collaborate on a post like that I'd love that! I could write it from Jess's POV or you could do it from Rachel's with either of us popping in to write our character - let me know which you'd prefer!

I can also see Clyde maybe getting under Jess's skin at first (which I assume would only encourage him) but I think she'll come to appreciate his personality after a bit so there might be friendship potential there!

Maybe there could be a post where the other three - Clyde, Tarana, and Noah - talk college/school stuff (at least, for starters)? Maybe they decide to play a game together and invite Jess and Rachel over? I dunno! Just spittin' out ideas!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:36 am
View Likes
Zenith says...

Lol, I feel like Clyde would be getting under everyone's skin and at the same time be the stress reliever when the dreams get tough.

You have got responsibilities @ sheyren
Let's just die young or live forever.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:00 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

@soundofmind I'm down for a collab between Jessica and Rachel! We could start from Jessica's POV if you'd like, and then we can see where it takes us. Rachel would be kind and protective of the younger characters since she has two younger siblings.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:53 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Ohhh I love that!! Rachel big sis mode. And I agree with Zenith, shey. I can totally see Clyde ending up being the much needed comic relief as things get more intense ;)

@Elinor you wanna schedule a time to collaborate? What time works for you?

Who else wants to take initiative and start a post and pull others to collaborate with them?? :D

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:18 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

@soundofmind aaa I'm really flexible! Today works if you want to ping me on discord I'll join a WFP or something. Let me know!

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

So, I'm wondering, maybe not right away but next wake cycle, as things get more tense, if someone else would uncover who Rachel's family is, or already know that Jay Whitman had a granddaughter and realize that it's Rachel. I'm not sure how the others would react, but it could be interesting to at least have a conversation about!

@soundofmind and @Magebird know Jay well, but for the others who don't, it would be like if you found out you were stuck with Charles Manson's granddaughter for two weeks, even if she's nothing like him.

-- Walt Disney

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:14 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

*high-fives Elinor* POST IS UP BOYS. Jess and Rachel have a nice little morning meetup over tea and coffee and angst quietly about their dreams on the inside.

WHO WANTS TO GO NEXT???

Also ooooh! I don't know if Jess would know, but that would definitely be a fun (or uh, tense? interesting? lol) thing to bring up in the next wake cycle or so :D

25 Reviews

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:25 am
View Likes
Zenith says...

Great post! :)
I'm ready to collab for the next post, but someone else needs to take the lead (if that's alright?) since it's my first story book and I'm yet to learn the ropes.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:08 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Yay!!! That's totally okay Zenith! @magebird @sheyren would either of you wanna collab and help a new storybooker out? I would, but I want to make sure as other characters get represented!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:10 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I definitely want to collaborate! I'm obviously not Shey, but I'm sure he would love to, too. We just need to figure out a time to collaborate on a post. What time zone do you live in, and when are you free? I'm in EST, and I'm free pretty much all day these next few days unless something suddenly comes up.

Edit: Also, I forgot to say this before posting, but I love the post that just went up! It's cool seeing Jess and Rachel interact. I'd be happy to have Noah find out about who Rachel's the descendant of later on during one of the other interaction posts. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:26 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Zenith @magebird If both of you are free during the Storybook Write-In you could also do it there!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:23 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Oooh, true!

Also, @Zenith, I apologize for not getting back to you two days ago - Shey wasn't able to write then. I'm not sure when he'll be able to write, but I could try asking him again today or just wait for him to hop on. If we do collab, it'll probably be later in the day - like during the write-in.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

25 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:50 pm
View Likes
Zenith says...

Oh it's all cool. We can do it during the write-in.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:48 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Awwww that post was so cute! I loved it @Zenith and @mage!!!

I think for now we'll leave it at that for the interaction posts and head into the next round of dreams! Everyone can write their post and post it when they want, but let's see if we can get them all in by the end of the month! >:D

Okay, first of all, who names their dinner? I don't want to know my dinner's name. This potato--is this potato named Steve?
— Rick Riordan, The Sword of Summer