z

Young Writers Society

Sunshower Over Hogsmeade OOC

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:41 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

If Emma is a squib and thereby didn't go to Hogwarts, but you still want her to know some of the other characters, there's a 7 year timeskip in between most characters graduating and the story starting. So she could have still gotten to know any one of them in that time period.

...Sweet Jesus 1998 would have been the worst time to be a squib, she would've had to spend basically the entire year in hiding at the Three Broomsticks if she didn't get caught by the Death Eaters early on

Like the town woulda sheltered her but if they were too late it woulda taken a miracle to get her back
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

59 Reviews

Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:43 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

That said, the early 2000s (which is about now as we're set in 2005) is probably the best time to be a squib. I imagine the mass incarceration of squibs under the Death Eater's rule probably brought some attention to their plight and encouraged wizard society in general to stop uselessly pitying them and start actually considering their needs.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:49 am
View Likes
Carina says...

well, you've convinced me to have her be a suib :P

I'm going to try to get the CP up in the next couple of days! I may need some help filling in holes for background but I'll poke ya guys in the Discord server

(which..... i think im in lol)

ALSO what's a good florist shop name that will fit in Hogsmead? I suck at these kinds of things and legit would submit Potted Plants

because

uhh

pun with Potter

h..harry potter
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:05 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Carina, that got me thinking! Since his mother was Lily Potter, I thought you could use the pun and turn it into something sweet and thoughtful! Something like "Memories of Lily Potter", to name just one example, would not only be awesome for the plant references, but it could also be homage to how Lily's sacrifice ultimately saved the Wizarding World and allowed many people to have the lives they lead now — such as Emma! Maybe she admired Lily and thought the name would be something simple to honour her? (I'm also positive that Harry would invest in the shop, which would make it all the more famous and give Emma the best stories to tell, seeing how the name came first and the endorsement second. And, well, she'd also score massively with the publicity.) And hell, even just the fact that they're normal flowers could be a reference to Lily being Muggle-born, yet being an extraordinary witch.

Those are just a lot of ideas that I think would be awesome, but you can obviously do what you like. ;P
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:35 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

that... is an AMAZING IDEA jksbfjksbdfklsd !! I'm def running with that! it also gives a good background explanation of how she became accepted n whatnot

Now, to name the shop "Pots & Lilies" to be a regular ole dispensary and flower shop, orrr....

if some muggle drugs are still outlawed in hogsmead she bout to be everyone's local drug dealer

why is her innocent flower shop turning into a money laundering business
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

59 Reviews

Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:57 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I def think weed is legal in the wizarding world, in fact, I don't think they even realise it's illegal in many places

I mean they learn to make stuff like the 'Cheering Potion' in school and that sounds like a drug to me

59 Reviews

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:06 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Legal or not it is hilarious to me to picture a florist shop that just, sells weed and gets away with it

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:23 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Yeah I was thinking that muggle drugs are probably baby drugs compared to the magical stuff they brew lol.

Emma out here minding her own business and casually selling pretty flowers and weeds to her magical friends
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

59 Reviews

Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:04 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Emma will be the most popular girl in town lol

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:12 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Anyone who is good friends with her will sometimes randomly get a gift basket full of pretty flowers and drugs lol

Will try to get that CP in tonight!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

59 Reviews

Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:17 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

YAY I LOOK FORWARD TO IT

59 Reviews

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:52 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

We've already talked a bit in the DT and discord but WELCOME (again) @Carina I love Emma already

@Nike you can join! I've just PM'ed you about some edits your CP will need before I can approve it

AND LASTLY

I'm working on the CP for NPC and local hooligan, Felix Fernsby. It's mostly done but I mainly need help with his Strengths and Magical Specialty. We've been working on him pretty collaboratively already so I thought some of you might like to weigh in in the last stages of his creation.

here's the link to the draft on my collabs doc-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oAi ... KJkAY/edit

I can put it on a wfp pad if people prefer, I'm just reluctant to do it by default as it crashes so often >.<

59 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:35 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Sorry guys I posted the link to the wrong doc THIS IS THE RIGHT ONE and should already be accessible

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZBK ... p=drivesdk

59 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:46 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@Nike WELCOME to SOH! We have a discord kindly hosted on ScarlettFire's server, pls join if you can for chats and scheming!

link here- https://discord.gg/cWnYDnP

59 Reviews

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:23 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Hey guyyyysss how we doin

Posts so far have been GREAT but there's still so many characters that haven't got an introduction yet and I wanna see them lovelies

It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey