Young Writers Society

Sunshower Over Hogsmeade OOC

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:16 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I'm going to try to get Em's intro done sometime in the next couple of days! may have to ping people on Discord for collaboration though :p
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:23 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@Carina late reply but that sounds awesome

As for the rest of us! We're still waiting on intro posts for most characters, and it's been a little while. Normally people like to wait for the introduction round to be finished before anyone who has already gone makes any new posts, but I've also seen a lot of SBs die that way.

Just to keep things alive while we wait, would anybody mind if I started lowkey working on my second post, just to keep us going?
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:23 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

That's fine with me!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:11 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I ended my intro post so Hablex can have an interaction post with Emma! And after that, Emma will head towards Dogweed and Deathcap to see Abela (and Robert if he's there), so that's another post too.

Not exactly helping with intro posts, but it's enough juice for two more posts for an ALIVE SB :D
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

59 Reviews

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:10 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@Carina first that post was sweet as heck, and second, you've just made brainstorming for my next post a heckuva lot easier

59 Reviews

Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:36 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@winterwolf0100 that was EXCELLENT and adorable

and an update for everyone- I am moving tomorrow! So I'll be busy settling for a bit but I hope to get to writing a post of my own soon!

It's kinda still a free for all rn so don't worry about order too much if you wanna write smth of your own first

Love you all <3

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:08 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Aww, thanks! I'm glad you liked it!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

59 Reviews

Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:22 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

HEY EVERYONE moving went well and I'm working on my post again

How's everyone elses' plans?

59 Reviews

Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Posted! How's all you lovelies

I kept it short to leave room for others if they wanna join the scene <3

Who's planning posts at the moment? We still need intros for Raphael, Rain and Nes! For the sake of stayin' alive new posts are welcome from those who have already intro'd, but I hope to see the rest of the intros come in soon so they can be relatively close together

59 Reviews

Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:58 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Hey everyone! How goes?

I've added a new character page for the NPC, Felix Fernsby! the adorable moody graffiti boy who thinks he's darkness and serious business. Bless his heart.

He was created by lots of back and forthing on the discord, to the point that I don't even remember who is responsible for most of the ideas O.O this boi really just came into being huh

Felix can be written by any one of us at any time, I hope to see him be the common thread that ties all our stories together, as he has the potential to be

Pls check out the CP when you can, and have a good whatever <3

59 Reviews

Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:33 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Hey @Nike! Howya doin?

Your post seems to have a lot of new plot elements in it that would add a lot to this SB and while I want to encourage creativity here, it bothers me that you haven't brought up any of those ideas to me before posting. Not everything needs to be cleared with me, (such as backstory elements or small plotlines that only really affect your own character, or character relationships that you discuss with other writers) but anything as big as this really does.

I don't know what you're building up to with these

He paused, "It's about the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor..."

He snarled, "Godric, keep an eye. She's going to be dangerous."

"Why can't you tell the Headmaster? I'm sure McGonnagal would love to know that she's been lied to by a professor."

"Get her out of this school and re train your defensive spells."

but these are the kind of big plots that really do need to be talked over with me first.

We're going for a cozy story about our characters creating their own community and growing past old trauma together, and throwing in big new dark mysteries derails from both the focus and the tone.

Also, I'm a little concerned that both of your posts are central to Hogwarts. You can use Hogwarts here and there but it's really not the focus, and I'm worried that concentrating your character's involvement on that location will really inhibit his potential to interact with the other characters that are already heavily established in the village and have little if any reason to ever be at the school.

Last thing I swear- I wanna highkey encourage collaboration, and the best way to do that is to talk about your ideas in the DT where we can see it before you post! We don't need to see the draft or anything but the DT is here for a reason and works a whole lot more reliably than leaving invitations in spoilers at the end. Plus, it helps us know the post order.
(It's not hard law that we always have to have a posting order and stick to it but we like to know when somebody's working on a post)

Admittedly, a lot of planning is in the discord these days, so if you don't want to use it I could update the DT more often to keep you up to speed!

Looking forward to writing with ya :)

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:49 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Hey, I apologize. I should have consulted everyone in the Dt, I didn't think it'd be such a big plot twist. I just noticed no one was posting for a really long time. And I had told everyone in my character description that he works at the Ministry and only goes to Hogwarts part time and no one has really interacted with my character so I just tried. But I feel as though my character does not fit here so I will leave the SB. Thank you bye!
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

59 Reviews

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:02 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Sorry to see you go @Nike , it was good having you around :( I wish you luck in future SBs, and a Merry Christmas! I will PM you a copy of your first post before deleting in case you want to reuse the material somewhere else.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:59 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

HELLOo I know I barely interact on Discord buT I AM HEREEE and would be down to collab for a post if anyone wants to :) I'm itchin' to write more of Em! and get her in the tavern to make Abela all flustered
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:37 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

@Carina awesome haha! I’m definitely excited for some awkward closed off lesbian time 😂 I think Jasper is writing a post right now if I’m not mistaken? And hopefully the bar scene will continue after that and you could write a post there! I’m down anytime to collab with anybody really, so just hit me up!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
— J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan