z

Young Writers Society

Fall of Altermende DT

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:55 am
Europa says...

@polishcommonwealth, before I can accept your CP, I'd like you to make your character a little older, about 20-30 years old

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:05 am
polishcommonwealth says...

Ah, very well, 21.

45 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:50 am
Europa says...

@polishcommonwealth you’ve been approved! Now we’ve got a medic, phew!

12 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:40 pm

Though can medics bring back a dragur to a sensible mind again?

45 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:59 pm
Europa says...

Sadly no. Dragur are pretty much brain-dead, so not much can be done for them.

12 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:41 pm

Hmm, I've been thinking, we already have a water bender in the group, so for sake of variety, could I actually be an air bender?

45 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:30 pm
Europa says...

If you'd like!

12 Reviews

45 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:03 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

So, I'm betting you're wondering why I've called you all here today. Well, I've been working on an extra resource to refer to while navigating the world of TFOA. May I present...

The Storybook Encyclopedia! (or SBE)

The SBE is a worldbuilding bible that gives you a more comprehensive look into the world of the Storybook than what's in the introductory post. From the magic system to relationships between outposts and beyond, anything you have questions about will be there.
I do realize it's a lot to sift through, and I'm not about to require any of you to read through eighteen pages of straight information if you don't want to, so if you'd rather ask questions on the DT I'd be happy to answer them, and/or direct you where in the SBE to look for further clarification.

The SBE is a Google Doc, so it has a table of contents on the lefthand side of your screen as a sidebar. Just click on any section you want to read and it should take you right to it.

If you'd like to read through the whole thing, great! Hope you enjoy it. If you'd rather not, don't worry. I'd recommend reading the first three sections (Universe, Magic System, and Dragur) and the "Altermende" subsection in Kingdoms, just so you're a little more grounded in how the world works, but I won't ask you to read through the whole thing unless you want to.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/125bJbZKCgYjf-2F23b1Uo4vhYeJ847KHNL9TUcaXRdY/edit?usp=sharing

I'll also put it in the first post on the DT and pin it to the Discord server for those of you who are on there. Enjoy!

12 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:03 pm

Wow, this is great! I just have one question. Have you--by chance--seen, Avatar, the last Air bender?

45 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:08 pm
Europa says...

I have! It's a good show and I'll admit to taking some inspiration from it for the magic system

12 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Figures. Not that that's a problem. I'm just finishing it. It's AMAZING so I understand why you would take inspiration from it. Admittedly, I'm on kind of a craze with it too.

45 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:38 pm
Europa says...

@winterwolf0100 and @LordZeus do you have an ETA for your character pages?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:39 pm
LordZeus says...

End of the week @Europa. Sorry, I have some major assignments due for college this week so I'll need till sunday. May come in before that, but wouldn't bet on it.

45 Reviews

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:45 pm
Europa says...

No problem, thanks for letting me know!

Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar