z

Young Writers Society

Pokemon: Star And Fire DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:37 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@EverLight Maaaybe a Google Doc might be a better choice, 'cause uh, the WFP says that Guests can't join, and I'm definitely not a guest, as I already have my account and am currently signed it XD Did you set it to private?

That being said, 'kay! I'll wait for your post, then! When it's done, I guess we can finish up writing about the relationship we'd like our characters to have, then move on to the plot points we'd like to have!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:42 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

Shoot I forget to set it to Public lol. I finished correcting that however so it should let you in (:
I'm winning at life!

40 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:32 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Ugh, figures XD Yeah, happens to me sometimes, no worries.

I'm in, and stuff has been added! I'll copy/paste it here, in case we don't have the chance to talk about it live:

Spoiler! :
Sombrielle's Relationships

1. Joey
•"Joey is a walking ball of hilarity and entertainment; many of the things he says should, therefore, be quoted, or at the very least be kept in mind."
These are the initial thoughts that come in Sombrielle's mind as she learns how much Joey prides himself in the raising of his Top Percentage Rattata, its use of the infamous FEAR strategy, and Joey's goofy clothing, use of words and general personality. Cute eyes, too. Shorts might be a bit much, though; she'd have to remind herself to give him an address for better ones from Alolan stores.

•Sombrielle understands very quickly that she can go into battle-related conversations with him, since Joey is actually aware of quite a few strategies — he just so happens to specialize in the quirkier ones which equally quirky Pokémon choice, something that Sombrielle understands on a personal level, given how much she trained many of her pokémon to be exactly that.

•Sombrielle respects Joey's wish to do what he wants, since he seems to be at ease when doing so. She does hope that he's able to get serious when it matters, though, and doubts that he's able to do so properly. She assumes that he was recruited for a good reason, however, so, she has no real doubt of his abilities. She's simply curious about his results.

2. Ashira
•Ashie is outlandish at best, and Sombrielle is quick to notice that she both lacks balance, as well as a solid grip on reality, especially in regards to how she perceives how others see her versus how they actually see her.

•Both that and Joey's overall behavior are what fuels Sombrielle's belief that the group should simply give roles to everyone and alternate them when the situation calls for it, instead of striving to look for a leader: because Joey is likely too caught up in his own gimmicks to do so efficiently (hopefully, he'll prove Sombrielle wrong on that front), Ashira is too unbalanced for that too, and Sombrielle herself is too uncaring to properly acknowledge either of their emotions when it matters.

•Sombrielle likes to be Ashie's ear whenever she has something to express, and since the girl seems to have no problem confiding in others for superficial matters, which should provide Sombrielle with a good enough basis to get a good look at the girl from up close. Quite the pleasant-looking cupcake, too; wonderful job on the red stripes, solid hips and solid arms. She might need new gloves, though; Sombrielle would hate to see some stupid adults ask poor Ashie if these were for fisting, even though they were clearly for style. Maybe a darker shade would work...?

Had loads of fun comin' up with Sombrielle's tone! Whenever y'all wanna brainstorm in the WFP, tell me your timezones and preferred times, and we'll go at it. In the meantime, the DT's good enough for me.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

212 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:25 am
View Likes
EverLight says...

Whew doggie. Sombrielle's got some opinions, and I think I'll leave it at that lol. I can certainly tell that you had fun especially with this-
She might need new gloves, though; Sombrielle would hate to see some stupid adults ask poor Ashie if these were for fisting, even though they were clearly for style. Maybe a darker shade would work...?

Yep. My Ashira's quite the...different character and I think you've caught on to that (:

BUT in ways of feed back, I felt like it told me alot about how she sees the other characters, but almost nothing about how she relates to them. So that might be something to work on and or think about. And in that respect, here are some questions to ask-
How does she act around Ashira and Joey?
How does she tend to speak to Ashira and Joey?
What kinds of things does she like to do with Ashira and Joey?
What are some things she's more likely to do, or say around Ashira?
What's are some things she's more likely to do or say around Joey?
What kind of bond does she have with Ashira? A close one? A neutral one? No bond what so ever?
What kind of bond does she have with Joey? A close one? A neutral one? No bond what so ever?
Just things like that <3
Other then the issue I just mentioned, I'm happy with this (:
I'm winning at life!

40 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:02 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh, well, there are a lot of motorcyclists and a Team Rocket HQ in Celadon after all, so, her fashion sense and struggles agaisnt said team make sense to me!
Hmm, though, I suppose I am a bit surprised about the Starters thing? Not that hers is a Litten, but rather, that she was basically forced to have one of the Kanto ones before she refused. You don't actually have to start with them (that's why neither Joey nor Sombrielle have one in their main teams; she does have a Samurott in her PC, though), and even in the games, you can ditch yours as soon as you catch your first Pokémon outside of said Starter.
Ooh, we could even have our characters mention that in the story!

...Oh, these aren't reserved for when we post? You wanted everything?
Okay, then! I can grant you that wish ^_^

Because yes, I'm aware that all this was missing; I simply wanted to make sure I didn't flood the place with a lot of information at once. I, uh, tend to do that. However, since you want it, then yeah, I'll take some time and throw in everything, in the order in which you gave me that feedback! That should make it clear enough.

And no, actually, speak your mind! I'm interested to know what you think of her initial opinions/observations :3 Ashie'll have some of her own, anyway, so, it's only fair!

212 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:25 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

.Yes, I'm aware that you don't need a starter Pokemon and that you can abandon them. (I've played Pokemon before you know) It's just that the idea of someone being so biased, that they believed that everyone should start their journy with a Kanto starter Pokemon tickled my funny bone :P Also I'm a bit biased myself, and believe that Litten is one of the best Pokemon of all time so...any character of mine is going to have a Litten on their Team.
.Ashira would never abandon Ember, especially since they've been through so much together, so that's absolutely out of the question.
.No these aren't reserved for when we post, and no-I don't want everything-I just need you to focus more on the bond your character has with the others, and less on how she sees them (:
.I think her initial opinons/observations are hilareous xD. It's kind of cute the way she ''inspects'' and judges people. I think it's a bit harsh too, but that's what makes it so intresting.
.And finally-summoning @Chaser. We can't proceed without your imput (:
I'm winning at life!

40 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:48 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Of course you have! That's usually one of the reason such SBs exist, after all ^_^
Hmm... I do apologize if I made it sound like you didn't, though, since I don't think that. Must be my Captain Obvious thingy acting up again.
Aaaah, so it's a story-specific thing! Then yeah, that would make for a topic to chat about for our characters, since they did have different experiences to start with. Nice!
Oh you are COMPLETELY justified. I love Lopunny unironically and especially its mega-evolution (which I think looks like a kickass fighter), so, I understand XD

God no, that was an unspecific example! D: Like seriously after the poor 'mon could barely trust humans? Ember really doesn't deserve to be abandoned.

Yes, that's what I meant by everything! As in:
Spoiler! :
"How does she act around Ashira and Joey?
How does she tend to speak to Ashira and Joey?
What kinds of things does she like to do with Ashira and Joey?
What are some things she's more likely to do, or say around Ashira?
What's are some things she's more likely to do or say around Joey?
What kind of bond does she have with Ashira? A close one? A neutral one? No bond what so ever?
What kind of bond does she have with Joey? A close one? A neutral one? No bond what so ever?"

↑ All of that! Usually, elements like that are left to development when the posts have begun to show themselves, in the SBs I've been in. I have a tendency to immediately showcase them before an SB even begins, which has caused issues before (I do love scheming things, though). However, you specifically gave me feedback in which you were looking for such elements to already be a thing, so now I'm like "Oooh, so I should be a bit less restrained instead of more! We good, we good."

Ah, right! Yes, she doesn't judge them, she does what human beings do when they see other people — they observe them and take random notes of their behavior before translating them based on their own views. It's what makes intuitive people intuitive, and what makes analytic people analytic. (Oh, and just in case: I'm not saying that assuming you don't know, I'm just saying because I... say things. #CaptainObvious)
For example, you could look at my comments and go "Huh, this Twaggy person sounds nice!" or "THIS TINKER IS SUCH AN ANNOYINGLY ANALYTIC SON OF A CUSSING CUSSWORD" which wouldn't be a real judgment of my character, just a, y'know, guess based on my behavior and your impressions of it. Sombrielle wouldn't straight up walk up to Ashie and go "I THINK YOU LACK BALANCE", though, they're mostly just inner thoughts in wait for confirmation. ← It's why it sounds harsh: they're unfiltered thoughts.

And it's also why I don't mind your and Ashie's opinions! And I am glad you find Sombrielle's hilarious! Can't wait to see your spin on Ashie's :mrgreen:

If you ever get a chance to hop into the WFP, I'm there, if you wanna chat live about our characters and the SB! Well, either that or Discord, I guess. You tell me. Same to you, @Chaser!

212 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:17 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

I don't do discord anymore (: I've had...too many bad experiences there, if you take my meaning. I'll let you know when we can head over to the WFP and get chatting!
To be honest? My impression of you is that of a gentlmenly person who loves to talk alot. I don't find that annoying, in fact, I find it rather amusing lol.
I'm winning at life!

40 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:27 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

WFP it is, then! I shall remain on standby.

I mean, that was another unspecific example, but no, actually, I just like analyzing a lot, and it just so happens that there's a lot to analyze. Also schemin'! Scheming's good.

212 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:46 pm
EverLight says...

Ah. How very intriguing. Analysts are not too common.
I'm winning at life!

40 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:56 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

That's at least once you've edited that message, but I did not expect this to look so different from the scheming agreement bit! That, too, is very intriguing.

I'd say they're a lot more common than you'd think, but most of 'em wouldn't tell you they're that because people tend to be wary of them :3 I like to tell it though because there's no use in omitting something that I'm not hiding. At all.

212 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:02 pm
EverLight says...

Let's just say I'm a very intriguing person :P Anywho, me and Chaser (who seems to be distracted) are in the WFP if you wanna join @TinkerTwaggy (:
I'm winning at life!

40 Reviews

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:05 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

'Kay! Hoppin' in.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:01 pm
Omni says...

Hey peeps! This Storybook has been inactive for awhile! How are the intro posts coming along?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Congratulations!
— Magestorrrow