z

Young Writers Society

Pokemon: Star And Fire DT

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:16 am
EverLight says...

Welcome to the Pokemon: Star And Fire DT!

A quick Q & A

Spoiler! :
What are the character requirments?
My character requirments are pretty loose. Both male and female characters are accepted, but they must be teenagers. I won't accept characters who smoke, drink, gamble or cuss. You are only allowed one character.
Here's your character form-
Code: Select all
Name:
Region: (Is your character from the Kalos Region? The Kanto Region etc]
Genger:
Sexuality: [Your character should, perferably be heterosexual or asexual, but if you want a homosexual, pansexual or transexual character, you can-just ask me first (:]
Appearance (includes outfit): [Please include distintive features that stand out about your character, and go into great detail when describing their choice of attire]
Personality: [Again-look for distinctive character traits, and go in depth]
Pokemon Team: [Include age, name, species, type and ability]
Backstory: [How did they come to know Professor Oak? What made them decide to go on the quest? What made them who they are? How did they attain their Pokemon?]

All characters must have a ''Partner'' Pokemon that stays outside of it's Poke'ball and speaks human, and an Eveelution.

Spoiler! :
What is this journy anyway?
Professor Oak, has asked your character to find The Order Of Humanity-a trio of legendary stones-The Stone Of Hearts, The Stone Of Souls, and The Soul Of Spirits-and he has ''hired'' seven other kids to go with you. Now, Prof. Oak knows that each of the stones are said to be in these three regions-Kantos, Kalos, or Unova, so he sends your character off to those regions.
The plan is, your characters journy together in Kalos and Kantos, but split up in the Unova Region-for reasons that I will reveal to you in due time (;

Spoiler! :
What exactly does the Order Of Humanity do?
The Order Of Humanity uses a Tainer's and Pokemon's strongest emotions to, allegedly, tap into the power of the universe, enabling a Pokemon to use a special move. The stones can be used together, and there are two sets-one for the trainer and one for the Pokemon. The Order Of Humanity can only be used when both trainer and Pokemon feel the hurt, rage, and regret that Stellix, Lunatrix, and Solatrix felt during their battle, and just as with Mega Evolution, and Z-Moves, the energy (or the soul of you like) of Pokemon and Trainer must become one.

Spoiler! :
The Stone Of Hearts
The Stone Of Hearts contains the emotions and essence of Solatrix. The move used with this is known as Sun Slash, and it works similar to Solar Beam, except the Pokemon is surrounded by an aura of red fire-energy from the sun.

Spoiler! :
The Stone Of Souls

The Stone Of Souls contains the emotions and essence of Lunatrix. The move used with this is known as Moon Rage and again, it works like Solar Beam, except the Pokemon is surrounded in an aura of blue fire-energy from the Moon.

Spoiler! :
The Stone Of Spirits
The Stone Of Spirits contains the emotions and essence of Stellix. The move used with this is called Star Sight, and is a combination of Solar Beam, Shadow Claw, and Swift. The Pokemon using this stone is surrounded by an aura of golden fire-energy from the stars.

Well I think that covers it! If you have any more questions just let me know (:
I'm winning at life!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:27 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@EverLight Mostly curiosity-driven questions, honestly:

•Since Prof.Oak of all people recruits 8 trainers, they should already have a certain level, right? Like they wouldn't have to be like absolute unbeatable champions, but the setting sounds as though they shouldn't be complete beginners either.

•How many 'mons can a trainer start with, aside from the Partner Pokémon? 3? 6?

•Can they come from another region by have travelled to wherever Prof.Oak is, since travel is usually common in the series?

•How does Star Sight work, exactly? Does the Pokemon summon an energy claw that he swings around, thus creating energy bullets (Swift) and then a laser (Solar Beam)? Does it never misses like Swift, or can it be dodged? Swift can be dodged in Anime and Manga because #Physics, but again, I'm curious.

Aaaaand there we go! That is all this random being has to ask.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

212 Reviews

Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:43 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

Thanks for expressing some curiostiy, and asking those questions (:
1. You are correct-they are not complete begenners, but they are not absolute champions. Their at a more intermediate level.
2. A trainer can start out with 4
3. Yes, absolutely.
4. Yes it can be dodged. Star Sight is somewhat like a lazer beam that shoots out ''ninja stars'' like swift but a Poke'mon can also summon a firey energy claw, depending on the type. (ie. Ghost Types, Dark Types, Fire Types, and Poiosn Types can do that, the rest cannot.)
Aaand...Yeah. I decided it would be a bit of a twist if Prof. Oak hired eight kids xD.
I'm winning at life!

40 Reviews

Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:56 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

You're welcome, m'dear! That is (partly) what I do ^_^

1. There we go, yeah. Pretty much what I expected, buuut it's better to be sure, with something like Pokémon.

2. Four 'mons. Got it.

3. Makes sense!

4. Okay cool, so it's type-specific to a degree and it's basically shurikens (yes that would be what ninja/death stars are actually called, hence Greninja's signature move, Water Shuriken. The more you know!).

Right! I mean, Prof. Oak already did that with the Pokedex Holders in Pokémon Adventures, which is why I prefered to make sure what the specifications were. Which were answered by you just now, so hey, thanks!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

212 Reviews

Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:59 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

Your welcome (:
I'm winning at life!

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:05 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

This sounds pretty cool! I'll take a spot
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

212 Reviews

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:06 pm
EverLight says...

Welcome to the SB then @Chaser! You are a welcome presence, and thanks for participating <3
I'm winning at life!

40 Reviews

Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:50 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

It... Still hasn't started?

...Wow. Tough crowd.

Okay uh, an SB needs at least three people to begin, and there are some people who eventually develop an interest when an SB's already started, so, I wouldn't mind joining! We all got SBs to catch up in the meantime, anyway. @Chaser, @EverLight, what kind of character templates and pokémon would you be interested in creating, out of curiosity?

177 Reviews

Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:56 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

My character uses five pokemon, all normal-types with the exception of the eeveelution, which is Espeon. The other four pokemon are the regional rodents from gens I-IV, including his partner pokemon, a top-percentage Rattata.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

212 Reviews

Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:31 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

@Chaser I love Johtos personality (: (I see what you did there with the whole Pakman thing (; ) I can't wait to see him in action!
@TinkerTwaggy welcome to the SB! It's an honor to have you join us and I appreciate your participation (:
I'm winning at life!

40 Reviews

Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:50 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Johto. Joey. Johto Region. Top Percentage Rattata. @Chaser, I see you are a man of culture as well...

@EverLight Thank you! Been a while since I joined a Pokémon one, but since there's only three of us for now, let's just make it as small and enjoyable as our cast it.
Also, character submitted! I do have a tendency to create templates randomly (great for practice), so, we good :3

212 Reviews

Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:57 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

Approved (: I love your characters style and she's got white hair! I don't know if you knew this or not but I love white hair on an anime character (:
I'm winning at life!

40 Reviews

Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:37 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

You too? Nice! :D
I mean, I like silvery-colored hair in general (old people can really rock that look with the right style, same for the few people who have it as natural hair color), but anime/book depiction of it is extra graceful, agreed :3

But hey, thank! Glad you like the style. Welp, all that's missing is yours, m'dear! Then, we can start planning for a lil' start according to all our tastes. Oh, unless you're already planning to have us start at the lab and be briefied by Prof.Oak there?

177 Reviews

Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:52 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

All right! I'm excited

212 Reviews

Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:24 am
View Likes
EverLight says...

All right! We have all of our CP's up!! Being the founder of this SB, I'll write the first post. In the meantime, let's write about our characters relationship with the other characters in This WFP (:
Anyway, to answer your question @TinkerTwaggy, we're starting off 'according to our own tastes'.
I'm winning at life!

Between living and dreaming there is a third thing. Guess it.
— Antonio Machado