z

Young Writers Society

The Town of Nightville [DT]

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:38 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

This is where you'll post anything you wanna discuss about the storybook, like questions and whatnot. Also, this is my first storybook, so please point out if I'm missing anything.
Last edited by Necromancer14 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:06 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Hellooo♪

Hmm... Ah! I would say that one thing missing is the character template. Y'know, the thing you post on the main SB post that goes:

Looks:
Personality:
Powers/Skill:

Etc. I suggest looking at other SBs to see what kind of elements you'd like to see in the template so that everyone/whoever joins can write it.
Usually, it includes name, appearance, personality, abilities/powers, short history, gender, and an "other" section to add any info that doesn't fit in any other category.

That being said, what kind of plotline have you planned for both DZ-1043 and the main characters? Does DZ have like mechanical minions used to subdue the monsters? Oh, or are you the type to prefer grouped brainstorming to get that checked?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

114 Reviews

Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:54 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Okay, for one thing I think I'm not actually going to RP as the supercomputer and the vampire, just because they're not really main characters, so I'm going to delete the Dracula template and keep him as an NPC. But yeah. I should probably also have a better character template.

Yes, I do kind of like doing the grouped brainstorming thing. I had a basic idea, but I'm not very good at expanding on my ideas, which is one of the reasons that I brought it to the storybook section, where everyone can come up with the plot. However, yes, the computer does have a lot of robotic enforcers, but the monsters are also physically unable to harm the computer because of the magically-sealed deal, which keeps them from harming the robots as well, because they are technically part of the supercomputer.

Also, thanks for the advice! I'll take note of this in the future.
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:07 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Well, it would be a shame if you RPed for it, indeed, because this is a StoryBook, according to yourself! (The main difference being that unlike RPs, posts for a storybook are like chapters of a story, so, described, longer, and not necessarily needing of dialogue)

That being said, even if you keep Dracula as an NPC, you could just keep the profile but specify "(NPC)" next to his name. That way everyone knows that's what he is, but also has info on his personality and powers. That's another thing that happens in SBs when there are a few important NPCs lying around. The more you know!

Aaah, 'kay! Grouped brainstorming's more your style, then, got it.
The rest makes sense, since yes, you did mention some of it in the main SB post!

Oh, you're welcome! Please have fun creating your main character ^_^ I'll tell you if I end up joining or not. If I do, I'll prolly come back with plot points I like to explore, because well that is what I do.
I'll be lurkin'!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

114 Reviews

Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:29 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Thanks for the NPC tip! (Just to clarify my former post, what I meant by RPing as someone was making a post from their point of view.)

Anyway, great! See ya around, whether you decide to join or not.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I already mentioned joining over on your wall, but I thought I'd make it official by mentioning it in the DT, too. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

114 Reviews

Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:01 am
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

All right, wonderful.

114 Reviews

Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:53 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Oh, here's the character template by the way;

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory:

Powers/Skills:

Other:

114 Reviews

Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:19 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

@Jaybird, do you have a character that you're going to use yet? And @TinkerTwaggy, have you decided whether you're going to join or not? Don't feel rushed or anything, I'm just curious.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I don't yet, but I'll make one tomorrow - sorry for not making one yet! :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:39 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm still working on my character, but I have a question that's lowkey inspired by a web comic I've been reading - would it be possible for one of the high school students to be a monster? If not, I'll stick with a regular old human teenager. I just saw a twist like that in the web comic I was reading last night, and it got the wheels turning.
mage

queer and here.

114 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:53 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Yes, you can definitely be a monster @Jaybird, but you would have to already live in the town and know what's going on. If you wanted to be a monster on the bus, I suppose you could, but it would have to be like you had a monster way back in your ancestry, and your abilities/features are dormant or something. Basically, they can't know that they are a monster or that monsters exist.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Okay! That makes sense. I'm down for having someone having dormant monster abilities and not knowing about it - it would be a fun character arc, especially my character is skeptical at first.
mage

queer and here.

114 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:09 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

I can't wait to see who you come up with!

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:25 am
View Likes
albedo says...

Just a quick question about the teenagers and the characters or whatnot. So say the said person is my character, is it up to me to come up with the name, age gender, etc?

I feel like it will be absolute hotdog water, but oh well. It's just a draft.
— Charm