z

Young Writers Society

The Seven School Mysteries [DT]

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:27 am
View Likes
EverLight says...

Okayyy...I'm a little worried about what that Pizza is going to do now.
I'm winning at life!

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:54 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Someone else should post, I got a few things on my to-do list to do before i would be able to work on this.
they/them

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:22 am
View Likes
trashykawa says...

um, hi! it really sucks that i'm saying this, but i haven't written much lately and i really feel like i'm slowing this storybook down, so i think it would be better if i, uh, left? i'm really sorry, but inspiration and urge to write has been so little lately, and i think it's best if i back out. i'm so sorry for all the inconvenience i caused : (
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:58 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I completely understand, @ShapeOfVoid! I'm sorry that you feel that way, and I wouldn't mind waiting for you to post when it's your turn to. But if you really feel that way, maybe someone else can go?

If @SebiGhoul can't go and you can't either, it looks like @TheMulticoloredCyr is up!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:47 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I have posted!
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:03 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I was already gushing about it over on Discord, but I love your post, @TheMulticoloredCyr! I finally got a chance to read it today and I'm glad I was able to.

Since it would be awkward to have six school mysteries instead of seven, I'm going to make an advertisement for this storybook over on my wall - I'll let the new person decide if they want to write for Theo or if they want to create their own character. Since Theo hasn't really shown up in the storybook yet, we should be able to switch him out with a different character. The CP would probably be taken down if a new character is made, but I'll copy it here and send it to @ShapeofVoid - if everyone is okay with that! :)

@SebiGhoul, want to post next?
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Well, that didn't take long! I just made the announcement over on my wall, and we already have another writer - and a second one, if anyone else drops out. :)

Welcome to the storybook, @Stormblessed242! Let me know if you have any questions on how storybooking works. :)
mage

queer and here.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:10 pm
View Likes
Overwatchful says...

Ok, I read Theos Character, and I think I'll use him! The Mortuus is and intriguing idea.
Quite... Overwatchful
Previously Stormblessed242 :mrgreen:

120 Reviews

Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:55 pm
View Likes
Overwatchful says...

Is there any way to transfer Theo over to me for some editing? Or should I just recreate him?
Quite... Overwatchful

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Stormblessed242, there is, actually! I just changed the creator to you, so you should have access to the CP now. Let me know if you change anything in the CP so I can look it over for you. :)

@ShapeofVoid, if you're not comfortable with your character being used, let us know - I just realized I should check with you now instead of making you feel uncomfortable later.

Also, here's the original CP!

Spoiler! :

Full Name: Theodore B. Gallows

Species: Non Mortuus*

Rene Descartes, The Seventh Meditation

Domain: Theo feels the strongest when he's near the locked storeroom in the third floor corridor.

Special Object: A gold coin. Pre-Roman era/ just when Romulus and Remus discovered Rome.

Sexuality: Gay

Up for Romance?: *side eyes* Basium Mortis is basically kissing, people. (if you haven't already, read the last paragraph in Species very quickly)

Age: 18 (He is frozen in age. Has been for the past seven years. So total 25 years.)

Appearance: He looks 18. Hauntingly beautiful, as the Undead tend to be. Dark grey eyes with shadows underneath them. Dark, tousled hair. Lean frame. Any kind of clothes. The Undead do not care about fashion.

Personality: Possesses a dark sense of humor. Usually in dark/unfriendly moods. He gets lost trying to remember what his life was like when he was fully alive. He can no longer remember how it feels to breathe, or sleep after a tiring day, or how it feels to taste chocolate. All he has is vague recollections - an existence full of nostalgia and yearning. He wants to live - but he's sworn never to take a soul. Never to kiss someone. Technically, he has a soulmate out there. Someone who has his soul, literally. He's not going to find them. He's had his chance. He died. He'll let the other person get their own life. Because no matter what Descartes might say - the Undead can still feel. They can still love. And there is no way Theo is killing his soulmate.

Brief History:

Theo was on a plane with his family: his mother, his other mother, and his little sister Renee. On a vacation to Montreal.

The flight went down somewhere off the north eastern coast of the US. Theo felt his lungs fill with water; felt himslef sinking; sinking; sinking.
When he opened his eyes, he was in a hospital. They gave him water and asked questions. The water tasted bland; and he could not answer their questions.

He was taken to the orphanage. There he met Annette Labarge, the volunteer. She was 19. The second day he'd been there, she pulled him aside and told him. Told him. That he was Undead. Non Mortuus. Like her brother. She told him everything.

A month later he gets a letter. An admission letter from Ravenwood Academy. He does not recognize the signature scribbled in the Guardian/Parent column.

Two more months later, a sleek black Ford arrives at the orphanage, asking for a Theodore Gallows. Theo goes without a word.

There's something about Ravenwood. He knows it. He's going to find something here. The unsteady 32 bpm of his heart are in sync with the beats of the place. It calls to him. He's going to find what it is.

*Theo is nearly invincible - incredible speed; incredible strength; incredible healing. The Undead cannot, however, go underground. It's fatal to them.

Talents: He plays nice, melancholy violin.

Other: He's convinced his sister became Undead too. But he can't find her. He's tried for so hard; for so long. He thinks he'll find the answer at Ravenwood.

Note: Was originally created by @ShapeofVoid.
mage

queer and here.

120 Reviews

Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:15 pm
View Likes
Overwatchful says...

Thanks! I made a few edits, hope @ShapeOfVoid doesn't mind!
Also, the CP says he cant go underground, do you think that includes the basement of the school?
Lastly, is the discord still going? Could I get the link?
Quite... Overwatchful

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It probably would, but that's up to you!

And the Discord is very much still going! The channel for this storybook hasn't been too active lately, but I can definitely share the link.

Here's the invite: wz7PJz2 :)
mage

queer and here.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:34 pm
View Likes
trashykawa says...

: ) i don't mind <3
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

120 Reviews

Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:03 am
View Likes
Overwatchful says...

Who's turn is it to post next? (I've started my section, bty)
Quite... Overwatchful

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Stormblessed242, feel free to post next if you want! The only other person who needs to write a post is @SebiGhoul. :)
mage

queer and here.

If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there.
— George Harrison