Young Writers Society

The Pheligian Falcon: Prison Break [OOC]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:15 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

random question but what do you think the prison food is like in the intergalactic space prison

1. my concept of space food? very limited
2. all i can think of is mush!! EVERYTHING IS MUSHEd
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:21 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Mush, and freeze-dried stuff for dessert d:
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:59 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

cursed image: freeze-dried chocolate chip cookies

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks, I hate it.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:08 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

IM SO SORRY THIS WAS SO LATE AHHHH but I hope you enjoy!!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:29 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Ahhh I loved the post Omnom!!! I love this introduction to Corden

Also, man... wfp is completely down and I foolishly had that as the only place I had stashed the outline for posts upcoming, so I guess we're flying by the seat of our pants for a moment as I scramble to remember.

I think it'd make most logical sense for @Oxara to post next - it's clear that Ozirma was just rolled in to their cell, and I'd like to see Oz and Corden interact.

Ox, you think you could get a post up anytime soon?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:52 am
View Likes
Oxara says...

I think I can in fact mange that. I will be interested in that, and @omnom let me know if any days work for you if we need to co-lab

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:07 am
View Likes
Omni says...

oh hello, now that i have posted, and there will be activity in the sb, what about a challenge? :D

sass levels loading

[he/him]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:25 am
soundofmind says...

ohohohoho YES YOU RIGHT, YOU RIGHT, I NEED TO DO DAT

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:44 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

CHALLENGE? POSTED!

AND ALSO, GUYS, THE WFP IS BACK UPPPPPPPPP So for the sake of my sanity, I'm preserving the planning in other places to save it, but ALSO - I'm going to put the current outline here. Obviously, if anyone has ideas or things they want to add, it's definitely up to being edited.

Here's the current wfp collab pad, but we can always make new ones w/other etherpad things if this goes down: https://soundofmind.writerfeedpad.com/30

TPF Plans
Spoiler! :
Part 1: When Criminals Meet
> Introductions, establishing characters and relationships

We can have a few more intro posts here if we want to familiarize characters w/each other before we hop onto what's next.

3. Ozirma, Kaz, and Lode cause trouble in their cell block for everyone by teasing one of their regular guards Gena. It's mostly out of boredom. There's not a lot to do. They can't touch her, or reach through the force fields of course, but she can hear them! They can definitely have fun, even goofy conversation. Kazimir's probably the one to overstep the line between playful and troublesome and gets them all in trouble. @/Oxara (Ozirma's POV) with @/Wolfical

4. They're all put on Ejection Duty as punishment (which entails cleaning the "sewer" systems of the ship - where trash is processed). Corden is unfortunately lumped in via association regardless of how involved he was. It's okay, he can be mad, and justly so. Shenanigans/bonding/conversations ensue while they're busy cleaning out the equivalent of the ship’s sewers and gutters. Corden and Lode are put on a cleaning team while Ozirma and Kaz are paired together and sent off to clean a different side of one of the sewage pipes. The smell is strong, even through big breathing masks and yellow hazmat-type suits. There are definitely some things crawling around in the dark corners, and they are definitely bardbugs (line 155). @/Omnom (Corden's POV) and @/Magebird

5. Gena has a meeting with her superiors about her new assignment, and is briefed on things to watch for pertaining to each of the four prisoners. In a cutscene either before or after, she has an awkward interaction in one of the break rooms with her coworkers that reveals that she doesn't truly feel like one of the guards and still feels tied to her criminal past. (Could happen either via lowkey bullying or just not being able to relate to what the guards are commiserating about regarding prisoners and complaints). @/Wolfical (Gena's POV)

6. Kaz is taken in for a weekly physical and psych evaluation, acts out in a fit of anger and they up his power-suppressing drug dosage and send him back to his cell with the punishment of no meals for the day, and no group activities - he'll be stuck in his cell. @/soundofmind (Kaz's POV)

7. Meanwhile, in the lunchroom - Ozirma defends the newbie Lode from another prisoner who tries to intimidate and bully Lode into a corner. The defending ends up being mutual, most likely, but Ozirma makes sure that Lode isn't in it alone. @/Oxara (Ozirma's POV) and @/Magebird

8. Gena notices something is off w/Kaz in the cells during her evening shift and strikes up convo w/Lode, (druggied) Kaz. They find out a bit of what happened, but also, Kazimir is not the most sober/lucid at the time. @/Wolfical (Gena's POV) @/Magebird and @/soundofmind

9. Corden gets a few more liberties than the rest of the prisoners and tries to talk with their guard about getting a cell of his own, or getting moved back to his last cell block. They get to talking about the others (Kaz, Lode, Oz) and Corden maybe gets more info on them that me might not find out otherwise. (The goal here would be for both guard and Corden to grow more in trust w/each other but also maybe more in empathy/understanding for the others so they have more motive to help in an escape plan, even if it's just a small step in that direction). @/Omnom (Corden's POV) and @/Wolfical

Part 2: The Trains of Monotony Roll By

1. Gena opens up about her own prison experience to Lode, have to figure out context still @/Magebird (Lode's POV) and @/Wolfical

2. Side-post of the higher-ups maybe talking to President Rofata of the Intergalactic Guard - in regards to Lode and the status of the Vice Admiral. That can be in like, a hologram type call and then it ends and they can mention that the Vice Admiral had been visiting to do an in-depth review of the prison and see how things were run - and then of course THAT had to happen and like, stressing about it and complaining and stuff. THEN I can cut to Kaz idk.... doing something cheesy like thinking about his family lol @/soundofmind

3. One of the guards (along with Gena) starts antagonizing Ozirma as they're leading him out of the lunchroom - making fun of his inability to use his powers and defend himself, and how helpless he must be. How a being so powerful was caught and all that. After the teasing, and he finally gets back to his cell, Gena might try to comfort him a bit. Kaz will also strike up conversation and offer to help Ozirma try to defend himself (even though neither of them can use their abilities). @/Oxara (Ozirma's POV) and @/Wolfical

4. Something with Corden and Kaz idk yet but it can be in the exercise room? It's a simulated outdoor area w/vitamin D and heat lamps and exercise equiment. @/Omnom (Corden's POV) and @/soundofmind

5. Lode and Kaz get to talking (instead of sleeping) - Kaz mentions being moved all around the ship more times than he can count, never staying in the same cell more than a few months. Lode gets suspicious and asks more questions - realized the common thread is Kaz is moved either when he makes friends, or gets in one too many fights. also add something that hints to Lode starting to formulate an escape plan? @Jaybird(Lode's POV) and @/soundofmind

6. Gena sneaks in coloring books for the prisoners because I need it @/Wolfical

7. Corden and Ozirma must converse because there's only so much to do and one of them's gotta talk eventually >:( go make friends!!!! @/Oxara(Ozirma's POV) and @/Omnom

8. Gena gets confronted in the guards' quarters (i imagine they have sleeping quarters on part of the ship since the ship is super isolated) by a guard who saw her smuggling in coloring books and warns her not to get too friendly w/the prisoners. Says it's really childish and she could get in serious trouble and better watch out cause they coulda turned her in but didn't @/Wolfical

Part 3: Escapeeee
> Hatching and planning of escape plan
Lode is like yo i have an idea to escape except he has to make sur ehe tells the crew in a place they won’t be recorded or tracked which is the hard part
1. Lode tells Ozirma and Kaz about the plan (a wip), tries to get them on board @/Magebird and @/soundofmind and @/Oxara
2. Corden is convinced by Lode to help as well @/Omnom and @/Magebird
3. [whichever character has most favor w/guard] gets guard in on it @/Wolfical and @?
4. things that need to happen
5. so that the plan can be executed successfully
6. preparation/execution stuff
7. ???? we don't know folks
8. a normal interaction type post between two cellmates before the plan is gonna happen the next day

concept: lode shifts his hand and/or eyes so he can go thru a security checkpoint during the escape
another potential concept: Oz shapeshift's into the warden, and steals a small shuttle claiming the prisoners are going to be transferred to another prison. <<<< THIS COULD TOTALLY WORK, we should def take advantage of ALL the shifter abilities

> Execution of escape plan/ they escape
9. plan part 1
10. something goes wrong
11. plan part 2
13. more things go wrong
14. plan finished up, they have escaped, blasting out into deep space into whatever hiding places
14. ozirma says bye, goes off to find a black hole, change form/identity or something!
15. corden gets his goodbyes and ends up wherever he wants to end up idk yet!!!!!
16. as kaz is getting dropped off to go find/meet up w/his family, em and kaz have secretly-planned convo

THE END wham whaaaa

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:57 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The challenge looks great - and it's nice to see the plans again! It looks like @Omnom and I will be collaborating on a post soon. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:52 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Pheligian Falcon: Prison Break
@Omnom @Oxara @Magebird @Wolfical

The Challenge: One point if you collaborate with one person on your post! One point for a minimum of 800 words! And one point for telling us what your character thinks of their new cellmate!
Completion Time: One month
Credits Awarded: Possibility of three points!

Expired! (Hopefully unlike the prisoners. XD)

EDIT: This is the old challenge, not the new one. :smt042
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:30 am
View Likes
Oxara says...

Sorry it took so long guys, as I was dealing with some emotional stuff and busy. I appericate your patience and hope you enjoy the post. Thanks again to omnom and sound for helping out! I can't wait for your next post

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:35 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Don't worry about it taking long, Ox, it was a much shorter waiting period than my post XD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:47 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Wolfical!!!!! how's the post comingggggg and do u want/need any help because we are here!!!

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
— W. Somerset Maugham