Young Writers Society

In The Wake of A Calamity [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat May 30, 2020 10:17 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Pretty good! I admit I haven't been thinking about this SB as much as I did when it first started, but I'm excited to write more of Runi soon. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat May 30, 2020 10:32 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Honestly same,, since the last bit of posts my mind's been occupied with other things, but I'm excited to get back into the swing of things aND I AM STILL VERY MUCH COMMITTED TO THIS STORY
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Sat May 30, 2020 10:51 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Yeah I feel ya both—it's been out of my mind for a while BUT I'm super excited for it to continue. I've been good, and reading a lot of poetry actually, like a TON (I'm attempting to write a wall post about it but I don't even know). And yeah just super busy in my head doing hobbies and things :3

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:32 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Lael @AvantCoffee @ScarlettFire @Magebird

Just talked with Featherstone and he's gonna be dipping out of this SB. But! We'll still keep going as long as ya'll are on board! I think for Elani's character, we'll just move her to NPC status - she'll still be part of the group, and we'll include her in our posts, but we won't have any posts from her POV. That seems like the easiest path to take for now, since Elani hasn't had any posts yet in general.

With that said, I think I can switch up the next post to be from Jay's POV, so I can write that up ASAP to get the ball rolling again.

Let me know if ya'll are still in it and down to keep going! Hope everyone's okay and staying safe <3

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:51 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

I'm down to keep going! Hope your Jay post goes well <3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:25 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm definitely still into this! I wish Feather could still be a part of this, but I understand why he can't.

Good luck on your post, @soundofmind! :)
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:42 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

OKAY!!! NEXT POST IS UPPPPPPP!!!!!! YEET

@Lael you be next :) feel free to grab anyone to collab with you! Maybe Scar!!

6. Well, this isn't going as planned. Han's caught in a net w/a harpy, Jay's going wild and drawing a ton of attention to himself, Ani's helping fight, Thea and Runi are dodging blows and holding their own.

Han helps cut him and Vel out of the tangled net and tries his best to be careful with her injured wing. Most of the chaos of the fight isn't centered on them until they crawl from the net, and at that point, most of the attackers are down (at least temporarily) or distracted by Jay. Thea shouts for all of them to make a run for it, because they all know if they get caught, they can't fight a whole army. As they scramble away, Jay's the last to follow - limping, and clearly hurt, but pushing everyone ahead of him to go, go, go! @Lael (Han's POV)

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:31 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

I’ll try to get it done in a timely manner!
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:10 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Yay!! Let me know if you want help :) or just someone to hang with u in a pad while u write!! I look forward to your post Lael!

81 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:29 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Anyone up to hang out with me as I try to write? (In your time zone) . Later than that works as well.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:07 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Sorry for the late reply - but I can try to make it to that! It might be more realistic/doable to push it forward an hour though if you can do an hour or so later!

81 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:41 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Yeah, that'll be fine! An hour later it is.

81 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:01 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

https://soundofmind.writerfeedpad.com/56 I'm in here!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:23 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The latest post looks great, @soundofmind and @Lael! I just read through it - you did an amazing job describing the action.

It looks like @ScarlettFire is up next according to the scheming pad, with me and sound writing it as well? Maybe we can set up a time to collab on it soon! We could figure out a time over on Discord if that's easier than posting through here. :)
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:31 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Aaa @Magebird it's actually @AvantCoffee and Scar who are next!! aahlskjhgflkj idk if you misread or if i mistyped something somewhere, but I'm sorry for the confusion!

Here's the blurb from the pad:

7. They've blown whatever cover they had and possibly whatever chance they had at surprising the army that they now know is very, very real. As they rush back through the mountains, hurried and hushed conversation takes place. They're going to have to decide what to do now, and they don't have time to consider all of their options. Eventually, they decide to take a longer (and fortunately, easier, but slower) way back to the guild. Mostly because the attackers are right on their tail and drive them into that direction and it's unaviodable at that point. It'd be harder to figure out how to turn around and face the attackers again.

After hurrying away and finally losing sight of the attackers for some time they stop to breathe. Vel heals Jay (his hip, mainly, because she can't heal all of him due to being very spent already), but as soon as she's done they get going again. It's another long, and this time, very quiet trek back to the guild. They go as fast as they can, but by the time they get there, the sun has begun to rise, and they can see smoke in the distance.

When they climb up to a point where there's no mountain obscuring their vision, they can see clearly what's up ahead: the guild is on fire, and burning to the ground. @AvantCoffee (Thea's POV) and @ScarlettFire

ALSO yes Lael you did a great job!!! <3

"While we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one."
— Albus Dumbledore