Young Writers Society

In The Wake of A Calamity [OOC]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:32 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

They should be auto-adjusted to ur time and I don’t THINK they’re saturdays for you? They’d probs be Mon, Tues, Weds ur time!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:00 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Hello yes any of those available dates/times work with me c:

(also none of those days are Saturdays here, and maybe the later times work with you @ScarlettFire?? given that us AUSSIES have a 3hr time difference d: so far away ;-;)

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:48 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Okay!! I’m gonna plan on meeting during dat 2 + 8! I would retype the code but I’m on mobile at the moment lol

Let’s try to get everyone at 2 and 8 can be for those who want to come!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:11 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

REMINDER FOR YOU ALL!!

I still plan on meeting and ! For me, that's tomorrow and Tuesday, but it might be different days for the rest of you!

Let me know if you all still plan on being there! :)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks for the reminder! I was actually just about to check to see when the pad parties were. :)

I think I might end up having plans on both of those days, but I'll try my best to pop in! Worst case scenario, I'll check the pad the next day to see what I missed.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:04 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Not sure but I think I can make it
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:20 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

I can definitely make the first time, and possibly also the second time (if I need to be there for both I can try to make the second time work as well)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:43 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I'll try to make it, though you may need to tag me on discord or something. XD
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:54 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

WFP is down so here's a temp pad to meet in!

https://board.net/p/inthewakeofacalamity

Once wfp is up I'll be sure to grab the updated brainstorming so it's preserved :,)

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:05 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

*pokes @Lael* uwu

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:49 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Lael @AvantCoffee @magebird @ScarlettFire I'mma be in the pad! It starts in 10 mins :) for those who can/want to come!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:40 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Watch me quadruple post because AYYYY GUESS WHAT

TWO POSTS IN ONE DAY B) we cool like that

NEXT UP is @ScarlettFire

4. They pass a lake (tucked away in the mountain) that's water has started to glow an ominous purple-blue hue and fish are floating to the surface, dead. The trees around the lake look like they're starting to twist and deform like they were shriveled and dead. It's disturbing, but it's also the closest and only viable place to camp out, and sundown is soon. As they settle down for the night and the others lie down to sleep, Vel and Jay have a short discussion about healing magic by the eerie glow of the lake, a little aways from the others. She offers to teach him, but he explains he's already tried, and she shares quietly that there might be a way to strengthen his magic, but it's forbidden by healers... and stuff we can get into in the post ;) lol. They can just go to sleep after that if the conversation doesn't develop elsewhere. @ScarlettFire (Vel's POV) and @soundofmind

ALSO I wanna make mention of Ani's pet meanie-mo :( he has been quiet all this time

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I already said this over on Discord, but those posts are great!! <3 I really enjoyed reading them when I got up this morning. I also got a big kick out of the last post ending with Jay being confused by Meanie-Mo - it was a pleasant surprise. :P

I can't wait to see that next post!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:23 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

*checks pulse*

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:06 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

OKAY so scar needs a bit more time and I said I'd switch some things around to buffer, so I wanted to check - @magebird would you be cool w/going next?

I'm thinking it might work better w/pacing too to have a bit more of a breather post in-between things. They just had a lot happen, and if we did just a little timeskip, like a day or two ahead of them starting their journey down the mountain, we could do that.

5. They're heading down the mountain, and in the midst of travel, a respite: Meanie-Mo gets into Runi's bag and starts eating some of the food and makes a bit of a mess. It's troublesome, because their food is already limited, but Meanie-mo is so cute Runi can't be mad for very long. Ani gets all chastizing-mother @ Meanie-mo. We need a "little meanie" pun in here because yes. Ani and Runi go out to find some more food to replace what Meanie-Mo nommed on. Some scavenging and/or hunting can ensure and maybe Runi opens up a little to Ani, who listens and offers meager, but hopeful advice/replies. It'd be refreshing to see a heartfelt and honest convo in the midst of food collecting. Note for setting: they're still in the mountains, but there are more flat places obviously if there's a lake, and there will be trees and plants and stuff. @magebird (Runi's POV)

Technical little detail notes:
- Vel still has broken wing, can't fly
- Jay will likely be leading with Thea, tracking/looking for signs of the army
- They will need to forage/scavenge for food. Han is expert at this

If you're down to go next, Mage, let me know, otherwise I can try to work something out. And as always, I'm down to collab!

I love her dearly, but I can’t live with her for a day without feeling my whole life is wasting away.
— Miss Kenton, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro