Young Writers Society

In The Wake of A Calamity [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My CP has been submitted, too! I gave in and reused a beloved old character of mine instead of making someone new.

Edit: Also, hey! It looks like we've made it to the second page of the DT. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:04 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

YAYYYYYY!!! Second page PARTY

Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:51 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

CP submitted.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:49 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

omg, I love him!!!! Great job @Lael! :) Happy to have Han

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:16 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Lael don't forget to claim your SB Challenge point for making your CP! :D

Also @Featherstone how's your CP and character ideas coming?

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:26 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

me, sweating, busting down the door, out of breath: I haVe The fIrsT POst WRittEN and REAdy ????? I'vegone mad. I haven't even forced all ya'll to fill out the character relationships and motivations thing in the wfp yet

....speaking of which if you haven't done that (what you can, anyway!) and want to get to it, please do!! Because I will require it eventually lol

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:17 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's great! I know you probably can't post it just yet, but I can't wait to read it and for this storybook to officially kick off.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:19 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Thank u mage ;w;

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:58 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Ahhh the first post looks so good!
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:15 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Thank you so much Mage!!!!! Now that we've got all the CP's in, it's time to kick things off :) So I put the first post up!

I'm gonna be workin' out the details for the rest of this chapter's outline, but I have the deets for the next post assignment! I want it to be @AvantCoffee! (If you haven't read the post yet, Thea is the girl w/Master Lynn that Jay sees when they open the door, so she'd be the first of the group to hear the news).

The coming post will entail the following!
2. Master Lynn's original plan to send out their scouting team has to be completely scrapped in light of this new information. First point of discussion: do they even trust Jay? Do they belive him? Lynn gathers the team - Thea and the others along with Jay to discuss their next steps forward: if they have any hope of succeeding, they need to know what they're up against. Jay has a vague idea but only caught a glimpse of the army - but if it's anything like the troops that attacked his guild, then they'll be far outnumbered. They agree to send them out with Jay (who knows generally where to find the army) right away on a stealth and scouting mission to see what they're up against and come back promptly to prepare. In the meanttime, Lynn will prepare the others for battle, setting magical and non-magical traps around the guild, gathering weapons, etc etc. Velalis, the resident harpy-who's-stuck-there didn't sign up for all this human conflict and wants out, so she insists on going w/the scouting team to find a way out and get a head start. She was originally gonna go so she could get out of the guild and back to Ewhein anyway. Lynn objects at first but Vel is insistent, and the crew will need a skilled healer on hand in case of the worst, so she agrees. @AvantCoffee

You can also find this info and coding stuff in the SB collaboration pad here! :)

Once I get the rest of the outline typed up, I'll post it in here (spoilered for length ofc) for posterity and so we're all on the same page! :)

But yeah! If ya'll have any questions, throw them at me. As always, collabbing on posts is encouraged! So, Coffee, if you want me or anyone else to help you with your post, feel free to ask questions and draw on all of us for help! And we can work out times to work together :D

Also, don't miss the SB challenge for this! ;) Some of you are already almost done w/it, so don't pass up on those sweet, sweet storybook points.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:02 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

soundobooks

*Ahem,* okay, it's your captain speaking! Time to get some rewards for all your hard work - or uh, do some hard work for rewards! Can't wait to see you get to it. >:)

The Outlands
@sherlockhson @Lael @fraey @Wolfical @Featherstone
The Challenge: Post your assigned post - at least 700 words and collaborate w/at least one person on it! :)
Completion Time: 6 posts
Credits Awarded: Possibility of 2. One for hitting word the count and one for collaborating!

In The Wake of A Calamity
@ScarlettFire @Lael @Jaybird @AvantCoffee @Featherstone
The Challenge: Create your Character Profile!
Completion Time: Challenge lasts 'til Jan. 14th
Credits Awarded: 1 Credit for your CP!

It's been a while since I've said this, but the challenge has expired! :D
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:03 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

AYYYYYYY ;) I saw you were deleting old challenges and uhh I might've actually deleted it myself like, just now so don't freak out @AstralHunter

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:06 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Yeah, I had opened a new tab for posting these comments, so when I deleted the original post in the SB Badges & Challenges thread and I was told "This post no longer exists", I was confused until I realised you probably deleted it yourself. (I saw you had liked my post awarding the credits, so it wasn't unlikely.) XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:18 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

AH I EXIST!!

LEMME JUST

I've been totally swamped and really need to catch up on YWS stuff. I'll probably be able to read the first post this weekend! (ooh and Fea's CP now that that's up). Next week will be hectic for me because I have a big project due. I can see myself beginning to write Thea's first post either this weekend if I get enough time, or after next week has passed. Knowing me I'll probably want to start writing straight after I've read Jay's post, so that's what I'm counting on d:

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:24 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Oh gosh, I totally get that Coffee!! No worries, we all got lives and busy stuff goin' on! <3

I hope your project goes well! And I hope you enjoy my post :,)

Turn your demons into art, your shadow into a friend, your fear into fuel, your failures into teachers, your weaknesses into reasons to keep fighting. Don’t waste your pain. Recycle your heart.
— Andréa Balt