In The Wake of A Calamity [OOC]

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:57 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

AAAA NEW POST!!!! :D and Han's pov yay ~

I might not be able to read it tonight but I look forward to reading it as soon as I can! GREAT JOB Lael [& sound] !!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:05 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

SUPER LATE THANK U TO COFFEE
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:21 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

THANK U for giving me a notif for this because i have now read Han's post!!! (I left a tab of the SB open this whole time to remind myself to read it but NaPo has been distracting so I READ IT NOW while I had a window of time asdf)

GREAT POST! I really love how observant you've written Han, @Lael - like all his thoughts about Thea are perfect, and his observation of Jay's strangely good tracking skills hhMMmm (can't say he's barking up the wrong tree there hoho i'm so sorry but also not sorry)

I like the direction this post took with the group getting some confirmation/hope for moving forward, and it's heartwarming seeing Ani and Runi grow subtly closer in more recent posts c: (I also hope Vel is handling her soreness okay through all of this oh boy)

NICE WORK

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

sound and I just finished writing our Jay and Runi post! It was...tense. :P

if runi wasn't lesbian, this would definitely be the start to enemies to lovers. it has the ~vibes~
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:37 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

LMAOOOOO i stil am laughing at that but PFFFFFFFF

i hope ya'll enjoy this post

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:04 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Ok okokok IT'S BEEN A MONTH WE GOTTA KEEP LIFE IN THIS YA'LL

@ScarlettFire I give you poke to see if you wanna try a postie? would you be interested in me takin the reins on the post and me doing jay POV so it's less brainpower for you? I would LOVE to have Vel POV but I'm just suggesting things to see what would work best for you!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:59 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

GUYS!!!

We made it to PAGE TWO!!!!
And we have TWO NEW POSTS!!!!!

Enjoy the Jay-Vel drama lollll I had so much fun writing it w/Scar!!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:02 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Also (watch me quadruple post) I THINK in the outline we're due for one more post before Thea's big "climbing rocks trauma" scene, which will obviously be a Thea/@AvantCoffee post

@magebird or @Lael would either of you want to do a post?

For reference, here's what's up next in the outline! I'm flexible for what happens in point 5 tho
Spoiler! :

5. In the midst of travel, a respite: Meanie-Mo gets into Runi's bag and starts eating some of the food and makes a bit of a mess. It's troublesome, because their food is already limited, but Meanie-mo is so cute Runi can't be mad for very long. Ani gets all chastizing-mother @ Meanie-mo. We need a "little meanie" pun in here because yes. Ani and Runi go out to find some more food to replace what Meanie-Mo nommed on. Some scavenging and/or hunting can ensure and maybe Runi opens up a little to Ani, who listens and offers meager, but hopeful advice/replies. It'd be refreshing to see a heartfelt and honest convo in the midst of food collecting. Note for setting: they're still in the mountains, but there are more flat places obviously if there's a lake, and there will be trees and plants and stuff. @Magebird? (Runi's POV)

6. They're so close to getting out of the mountains but there's a difficult and unavoidable part they have to climb through. It doesn't require actual rock-face climbing but it is tricky. Jay leads the way (probably much to Thea's chagrin) and Ani and Vel follow. Thea struggles forwards w/Runi behind and Han in front of her. She ends up losing her footing and almost falling but Han catches her, both him and Runi help her to safety and stable ground, and Runi (mainly) helps calm her down. aaah @AvantCoffee (Thea's POV) and @Lael and @Magebird

7. They finally reach the bottom of the mountain. The rocky, steep terrain and the cliffs are gone. There's some rolling hills, but it's much more flat from here on out. When they reach the bottom it's close to evening. Velalis and Ani go out to find some food (Vel knows natural herbs and said she'd get something to make tea). Runi and Han go grab some firewood. That leaves Thea and Jay at the campsite and some things unsaid - Jay knows she doesn't necessarily want to send him off by himself, but now it's awkward. They're supposed to set up camp with their makeshift tents. Thea attempts friendly conversation - at some point compliments Jay's necklace and he just gives it to her, no take-backs. omg Maybe he takes off his poncho b/c it's warmer and that's how she sees it b/c usually it's underneath. He's not really attached to it so he's just like "okay take it." When Runi and Han come back with lots of firewood Jay, now with a slightly better rapport w/Thea excuses himself to go relieve himself in the woods but never returns. @soundofmind (Jay's POV)

8. Runi tries to get Han to open up a bit and talk. They end up talking a bit about their pasts and what they have in common and have a sweet moment around the edges of the campfire. Thea eventually interrupts with "We should really get some sleep" and convo dies down. Timeskip. In the middle of the night, Han hears a distant shuffling. Han is on watch and starts to wake Thea and Ani up, looking around but can't see anything in the darkness. There's a feeling of dread and like someone's watching before there's a sudden, sharp pain in the side of his neck. He can stumble and say a few things, but within 30 seconds, he'll fall down and everything will go black. @Lael (Han's POV) with @Magebird

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:07 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

I don’t think I can do it right now since I have a lot going on that i need to figure out, but great job on the new post!
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Those last two posts were great! I love how Vel and Jay were actually starting to bond by the end of it. With all the weird animosity between him and Runi in the last post even though it was mostly one-sided, it's really nice seeing him actually make friends. <33

Also healing magic that involves transferring life energy from one thing to another is my jam. It's actually how I usually have it work in my stories, so I was like !!! when Vel said she wanted to show him something forbidden. I can't wait to see that happen in future posts.

And I'd be happy to write the next post! My writing inspiration's been questionable lately and the new semester is starting later this week, but I could definitely get a post up in the next week or two.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:58 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Yay :,) Jay making friends.... or frenemies... we shall see lol

ALSO @Lael that’s totally ok! No worries and I hope all your life things go ok and you get stuff figured out!

@Magebird YAY OKAY!! Let me know when you write so I can lurk... I know it’s pkanned to mostly be a Ani/Runi post and I feel like we’re getting a hang of Ani as like, a stubborn, motherly figure but I JUST WANNA B THERE IF POSSIBLE and ofc if u need helps too

BUT IF NOT dat ok :)

lov u all

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'll definitely let you know! I don't have a specific day where I'm planning on writing it yet, though, so I apologize in advance if it's out-of-the-blue. >>
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:05 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

No worriez!!!!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:55 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

soundofmind wrote:Yay :,) Jay making friends.... or frenemies... we shall see lol

lol, it's totes frenemies rn, shh they're totally not bonding. Nuh, uh.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

*narrows eyes*
mage

queer and here.

Some call me a legacy, others call me a hero. But I assure you, dear admirers, I am only human.
— Persistence