Young Writers Society

In The Wake of A Calamity [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:57 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That post was great, @soundofmind! I already geeked out about this in the pad, but I love how Thea stumbling/falling happened right when she was doubting her leadership abilities. It's really symbolic.

I also got a kick out of imagining Runi being five seconds away from snapping at Jay the entire post, especially when he was rushing them right after Thea had her fall. :P

I'd be down for finding other people to write for Thea and Ani! Maybe we could post about it on our walls and in a RP Lounge post? That might get some interest going. :)

edit: oh, hey! new page!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:16 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I’ve got some people I be asking and am waiting on hehee but if they’re a no we can move to Ads lol

and YES lol EVERYONE @ Jay rn is like “im gonna kill him”
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's great! I hope they say yes. :)

And RIP Jay. >>
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:43 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Post was good! And hopefully there is someone who can take over for those characters soon
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:54 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I HAVE A HAPPY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

@Chaser will be joining us and stepping in to take over Ani, which I'm really happy for because I definitely want her character to have a chance to have an arc of her own and to grow!!!!! :) PLEASE WELCOME CHASER!! So happy to have you!!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:12 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Ahhh welcome to the storybook, @Chaser! I can't remember the last time wrote in the same storybook (or if we've even written in one together before >>) so I'm really excited to write with you. <33
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:06 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bada bing bada boom... my postie is up :,)

I'm thinking.... @Chaser, would you like to go next? The next post was supposed to be another Han post, but I'd like to introduce Ani's POV as soon as possible if that's okay - if you feel like you have energy and inspiration to do so!

The next post was supposed to have this:
8. Runi tries to get Han to open up a bit and talk. They end up talking a bit about their pasts and what they have in common and have a sweet moment around the edges of the campfire. Thea eventually interrupts with "We should really get some sleep" and convo dies down. Timeskip. In the middle of the night, Han hears a distant shuffling. Han is on watch and starts to wake Thea and Ani up, looking around but can't see anything in the darkness. There's a feeling of dread and like someone's watching before there's a sudden, sharp pain in the side of his neck. He can stumble and say a few things, but within 30 seconds, he'll fall down and everything will go black.

But you could tweak it so it can be Ani talking to... whomever you want instead lol. Maybe still Runi??? AM OPEN TO IDEAS AND BRAINSTORMING!! @magebird @Lael @ScarlettFire any ideas?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I like your suggestion, @soundofmind! Han's roles in the post could easily be switched out with Ani's so @Chaser can get a chance to post and try writing for Ani. :)
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:26 am
View Likes
Lael says...

That sounds good/fine to me! I'm looking forward to Ani :)
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:59 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Posted for ani it's kidnapping time
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:14 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

KIDNAP TIME yes yes love that for them in a story way not in a love kidnapping way

THE NEXT CHAPTER IS COMING UP HEHEHEOEHEOHEOEHOEHEOHEOEHOE which means another BIG title with fancy IMAGE on the next post to signify the new tournament arc >:)

Here is the coding for that:
Code: Select all
[center][img]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.factinate.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F02%2FFotoJet-4-1.png&f=1&nofb=1[/img]

[b][size=160]C[/size][size=120]hapter[/size] [size=160]T[/size][size=120]hree:[/size] [size=160]T[/size][size=120]hrown to[/size] [size=160]T[/size][size=120]he[/size] [size=160]W[/size][size=120]olves[/size][/b][/center]

Here is what we've got outlined for the next post:
1. Vel wakes up in a cell with Runi, cue convos and panic, confusion, all that. In the cell beside them, there's a young girl who tells them where they are and why they were brought there. That is, until Vel is taken out w/no explanation to another cell where a group of (human) healers who've been held captive at the games are forced to tasked with healing Vel's wing so that Vel can participate in the games - they don't have any harpies yet and they want to take advantage of that because of the "novelty" of it. Vel learns that the healers are tasked with healing injured and near-dead fighters to full health so they can go right back out into the games again the next day. It's very taxing, and Vel knows that more than anyone - especially since not all of the healers around her have as much experience or stamina as her. Vel gets healed and thrown back into her cell. @ScarlettFire (Vel's POV) with @Magebird and sound

And the posts following:
    > for reference sometimes i just assign people to posts to help w/the person taking the POV but everyone and anyone who is free is more than willing to hop in on any pad writing times :^)
Spoiler! :

2. Ani wakes up in a cell w/Thea and Han cue convos and panic, confusion again! They see what they assume to be guards walk by their cell, but they ignore them. They continue to talk until they hear a commotion outside - a barred window at the top of their cell opens up and light floods in. They can see into an arena, and two people walking out. An announcer shouts over the crowd, listing the magic of each mage stepping in, and it dawns on them what's going on. They may be able to tell that many of the observers in the stands are dressed like those in the army they saw in the mountains. @Chaser (Ani's POV) w/@Lael

3. Runi is the first to get thrown into the games. She chops her long hair in the fight to escape from her opponent's grip and wins the fight. It's fight 'til knockout/'til the person can't get up anymore. (This is also when Runi finally snaps and there's a shift in her usual cheery attitude). @Magebird (Runi's POV)

4. Ani's the next to go into the ring and is pinned against Kazimir, whom the announcer declares as their undefeated champion (he has electricity/lightning magic, which is considered rare). They have a fierce match, both putting up a good fight before Kaz gets knocked down. When on the ground he pulls Ani down to him and whispers to her quickly. First: "Pin me, or they won't buy it." Then tells her about a group of mages who escaped and are looking for people like her to join the resistance™. Kaz was trying to find them before he got dragged into this. Doesn't know where they are, but knows they're out there. Heard they might be in Gurak, somewhere hiding among the goblins but can't be sure. Then he says "this only ends if one of us gets knocked out" and Ani can clock him right there. Her victory would def cause a riot of mixed emotions in the crowd because Kaz lost (and technically let himself lose, so it's not as sweet of a victory, but also, Ani has important info now). @Chaser [Ani's POV] collab w/sound

5. Vel is put in the ring next as the only harpy, and the announcer definitely pitches it as something special: "see a harpy vs two werewolves!" One of them is Jay, but she doesn't know because they're both in their wolf forms. Her wings are bound so she can't fly away, but the moment the whistle blows to start the fight, he comes and instead of attacking her, snaps on the binds and breaks them and turns on the other wolf. He ends up fighting the other werewolf to keep Vel from getting hurt. Vel ends up flying out of the ring to attack guy in charge, gives others an opportunity to escape, she and Jay would hav to escape themselves - where Vel would swoop down in the ring, pick up Jay, and fly out. @ScarlettFire (Vel's POV) w/sound

6. (at the same time as 5) The others are watching through the window as Vel is in the ring. When Vel attacks the announcer she creates a distraction, but the others still have to take advantage of it to get out. Han says they need a distraction [in hushed tones] Kazimir is being brought by, being taken to his cell, and it looks like he's K.O.'d but his eyes suddenly open, and he yells "cover your ears!" And BOOM, explosion of lightning and thunder following. Guards get K.O.'d this time and he grabs the keys and starts unlocking cells. As mages start fleeing Kaz rushes our group out and ends up staying back, creating more lightning. @Lael (Han's POV) w/Mage

7. All of them are wounded/struggling, and Jay and Vel see the others (among other mages probably) and help them finish their escape? Don't know details on this yet but! More chaos - they run out but run into a big obstacle - a cliff, and the other way is blocked off by people chasing them. Vel is like "Hey, I can fly over it" and Thea can airbend but they can't carry EVERYONE out of there, so STRESS. Vel flies over, taking Han. Thea flies over with Runi. Ani has to hastily build a bridge of earth over the ledge but their pursuers are already on their tail and start to climb up behind them Ani and Jay (still in wolf form) make the leap as Ani makes the "bridge" crumble behind them and they roll over to the other side. @soundofmind (Jay's POV)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That last post was so good. 🥺 I love how it ended!

And I'm very excited to get into the kidnapping now. c: Runi's finally going to snap~

@ScarlettFire, it looks like we're up next! It also looks like there's a part of your post where I don't really need to be there, so we can probably write out that first part together in a short period of time and then you can write most of the rest of the post without me there.

(Which is really convenient, seeing how different our timezones are.)
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:51 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@ScarlettFire sorry i forgot to remind you until now but whenever you get a chance please add the following chapter title to the top of your latest post!! it's a fancy header dat matches the others :)

Code: Select all
[center][img]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.factinate.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F02%2FFotoJet-4-1.png&f=1&nofb=1[/img]

[b][size=160]C[/size][size=120]hapter[/size] [size=160]T[/size][size=120]hree:[/size] [size=160]T[/size][size=120]hrown to[/size] [size=160]T[/size][size=120]he[/size] [size=160]W[/size][size=120]olves[/size][/b][/center]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Runi's officially snapped. :)

rip jay when they finally run into each other again
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:31 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

theez are the plans for next postie >_>

@Chaser!!!! you got any free time soon?

4. Ani's the next to go into the ring and is pinned against Kazimir, whom the announcer declares as their undefeated champion (he has electricity/lightning magic, which is considered rare). They have a fierce match, both putting up a good fight before Kaz gets knocked down. When on the ground he pulls Ani down to him and whispers to her quickly. First: "Pin me, or they won't buy it." Then tells her about a group of mages who escaped and are looking for people like her to join the resistance™. Kaz was trying to find them before he got dragged into this. Doesn't know where they are, but knows they're out there. Heard they might be in Gurak, somewhere hiding among the goblins but can't be sure. Then he says "this only ends if one of us gets knocked out" and Ani can clock him right there. Her victory would def cause a riot of mixed emotions in the crowd because Kaz lost (and technically let himself lose, so it's not as sweet of a victory, but also, Ani has important info now). @Chaser [Ani's POV] collab w/sound

If you have a Kuzco in your life and they don't turn into a llama, bail.
— Alan SeaWright