Young Writers Society

The Twin Sisters [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hello there! If we haven't met before, I'm Jay.

I've always been a big fan of mysteries, so I thought I'd try my hand at one with this storybook. As the description in the first post explains, our characters work in the Supernatural Detective Agency to solve supernatural-related murders. Think of them like the Winchesters in Supernatural, but with less flannel, death and no cool car. For the most part, the agency is comprised of non-humans. Angels, demons, vampires, werewolves and anything else you can think of is on the table. If there are any humans, they're magically inclined in some way. They can wield the elements, speak to the dead, see auras or do whatever you want as long as they're not too powerful. The goal is to have them struggle with the case, so we can't give them all the tools they need from the start.

The first post also explains the mystery they're going to be solving, but I'll explain it again in case my original explanation isn't too clear. The agency is hired by a woman named Arielle Stone. She's a popular actress who recently lost her twin sister, Angie, in what was clearly a murder. Angie was murdered in her home via choking, and her house ransacked. Police called it a burglary gone wrong, but have been unable to catch the murderer. Arielle's convinced that something else is up - Angie's house was supposedly haunted by someone who was strangled to death.

So Arielle went to the Supernatural Detective Agency, hoping they could prove the police wrong and catch the ghost who murdered her sister.

As of right now, the agency has one confirmed character: Jane Elliot, its founder and owner. She's the one who invited the other members to join, and is the one responsible for setting up most of their cases. She's the character I'm writing for in this storybook.

But before we start posting in the main thread, we'll work on creating characters. Feel free to delete anything in the parentheses; those are just there to guide you.

If you're new to storybooking, I'll be glad to help you out! If you're not, feel free to go and make your character using the character profile posted in the spoiler down below. All you have to do is copy-and-paste the code into one of these, and fill in the rest.

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Full Name:[/b] (Include any nicknames or aliases they have here! If they're not human, chances are they'll have a "human" name as well as their real one, but it's really up to you to decide.)

[b]Species:[/b] (What is your character? A demon, an angel, a human, etc.?)

[b]Magic:[/b] (What kind of powers does your character have at their disposal, if any? Humans have to have some kind of magical ability, while non-humans might not depending on what exactly they are.)

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Since age isn't the best indicator of appearance with non-humans, make sure to include how old your character is.)

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Brief History:[/b] (This is the place to explain their lives up until they joined the agency, and what it was like when they first joined.

[b]Talents:[/b] (If they have any special skills outside of their magic or supernatural abilities, make sure to mention them here.)

[b]Other:[/b]

Here's the invite for the Discord server that I use for all my storybooks! You don't have to join, but I thought I'd include it for those who like using Discord.

I can't wait to do this storybook with all of you!

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:26 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I can't create a character right this second, but I'd like to join for sure!
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:37 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Awesome! Welcome to the storybook, @TheMulticoloredCyr. :)
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:09 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

AHHHH YES I AM READY FOR THIS
always daydreaming, always clumsy

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:15 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

YAY WELCOME TO THE SB @PrincessInk
mage

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:36 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

I'm definitely joining this. (I've been studying some Storybooks so being uncertain of how these things work won't be an issue.) I'll create a character soon!
Last edited by EverLight on Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm winning at life!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:37 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sweet, @EverLight! Welcome to the storybook. <3
mage

queer and here.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:40 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Been a while since I’ve done a storybook, but this premise is just too good! I’m in.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:46 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's great, @niteowl! I can't wait to do another storybook with you. :)

And, with niteowl joining the storybook, it looks like we have a full cast! I'll allow people to request to join, but we have the amount of people I was hoping to get. Feel free to get to work on your character profiles, and let me know if you have any questions!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I apologize for the double post, but I got excited and made Jane a character profile! Feel free to check it out if you're trying to figure out what to do with your character, or if you want to get a feel for the characters involved in the story. <3
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:24 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Hmmm @Jaybird would it be okay if I decided to have my character be Nathan? I read your CP and it seems as though he might have a role in the agency.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:21 am
View Likes
trashykawa says...

Hi! Can I still join this? Been a while since I was part of an active SB.
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sure thing, @hiraeth! I'll add your name to the cast list.

@PrincessInk, I actually have some super secret plans for Nathan and Jane, so I'd feel more comfortable if you didn't write for him.

Speaking of secrets, feel free to give your character some kind of secret for the others to discover! It creates tension between the agency members. You don't have to include it in the CP, but feel free to hint at it.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I apologize for the double posting, but Nirvana/Scarlett looks awesome, @EverLight! A mummy is something I hadn't thought of, and I was especially surprised by her being uncomfortable about death. She'll be fun to interact with in the storybook!
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:39 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Ooh okay now I'm curious :P

You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'