Young Writers Society

The Twin Sisters [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed May 13, 2020 12:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks for letting us know, @AstralHunter! I'll either have to repost that challenge or make a new one.

@ShapeofVoid, how's your post coming along?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Wed May 13, 2020 1:04 pm
View Likes
trashykawa says...

it's. still where i left it a week ago [sorry, sorry]
i'll get to it soon!
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 13, 2020 1:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It's okay! I'm just happy that you've worked on it, and wanted to keep this thread going by asking. :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 22, 2020 10:56 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@ShapeOfVoid I saw your wall post about the cyclone that hit your area yesterday - do you still want to post next? I totally understand if you don't, but I thought I would ask now instead of rushing you to write a post when you can't.

If you do want to write the next post still and just need some time, let me know. I'm happy with taking this story slow. And, if you want someone else to go, just let us know what you want them to include in their posts to make your post make sense!
mage

queer and here.

98 Reviews

Fri May 22, 2020 11:34 am
View Likes
trashykawa says...

hi mage! sorry about the inconvenience! our network is gonna be spotty for a while - but i'm sure the post will be ready in a week? if anyone has a post ready and wants to go before then, they totally can!
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 22, 2020 12:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Okay! We can definitely wait. :)

And don't worry about it! I just know how hectic bad weather and its aftermaths can be, and it seemed like you had a lot on your plate with it.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 30, 2020 10:32 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Since I'm not sure when the next post will be up, here's something to get the activity going in this SB again:

What's one event (large or small) that everyone wants to happen in this storybook? I'd really love to write another scene or two with Nathan in the near future, as well as reveal a little secret Jane has been hiding. :)
mage

queer and here.

98 Reviews

Sat May 30, 2020 10:55 am
View Likes
trashykawa says...

hoo i'm getting to this, i got so swept up in atla and drawing;
i'll do it, i'll do it
also i adored nathan when we first met him and it would be awesome to have him join the group <3
nd i havent planned anything special for seran; i'm mostly figuring it out as i write : D
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 30, 2020 10:57 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

All of that is valid. :)

I don't plan out too much for my SB characters most of the time, but Jane and Nathan both have a little bit of planning involved.

Case in point: I wholeheartedly plan on having Nathan join the group at the very end of the SB, once Jane's little secret comes to light. :)
mage

queer and here.

98 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:30 am
View Likes
trashykawa says...

hi! i already said this seven school mysteries; but i'm feeling really washed up lately. i'm really, really, sorry, and i know i was supposed to write up a post for this but i haven't been able to finish it for a while now.... kinda shitty for me to back out now; but tell me if you need that last post, i'll try to write something up?
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:59 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I completely understand! I'd love for you to still stay in this storybook if you're comfortable with that, but I totally understand if you're not, @ShapeOfVoid. I don't think you absolutely have to write that last post, but I probably should check with the other writers before we come to a definite decision - can anyone post next?
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey everyone! It's been a long time since this storybook had any activity, so I wanted to tag the current participants and see who's still down for writing in this. If you don't let me know by July 25th, I'm going to assume that you're no longer interested. <3

@PrincessInk @TheMulticoloredCyr @niteowl @MeherazulAzim16

Since this storybook - and the agency - was designed to have multiple iterations, I think we could definitely come up with an in-story reason for why characters suddenly aren't involved in the story after this current round of posts. I'm currently towards them realizing they really weren't ready for this kind of detective work, so they decided to opt out of it? This is their first big case, so it would make sense. We could also throw in some paparazzi and negative news coverage, if the stress of the job isn't enough to make the characters want to leave.

Depending on how many spaces are unoccupied after this role call, I'll probably be opening this storybook to some new participants over on my wall!
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:48 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I'm still here!
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:01 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

still here!! (and I really want to do this haha <3)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:04 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@TheMulticoloredCyr and @PrincessInk, I'm glad you both want to do this still! I saw Cyr posting art for Razzy over on Discord so I knew she was still interested, but I wasn't sure how many other people were. <3
mage

queer and here.

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien