Young Writers Society

The Twin Sisters [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:45 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Agreed! Zenia and Jason look awesome, by the way. I can't wait to see how they interact with the rest of the cast.

I have friends coming over for a sleepover in a few minutes, so I won't be able to flesh out my plan for this storybook like I wanted to after getting all the CPs. But for the first round of posts, I'd love to have our characters doing their own little thing. It gives us a chance to get used to our characters, and also show the other writers in the SB how to write your character.

I'd like to get the first post up before anyone else posts, but feel free to start writing your post!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:52 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

Oh, I just love Jason! Zenia's amazing as well <333
This is indeed quite the cast-A fairy, a mummy, an elf, a human, a fallen angel, and a Witch/Ghost. I can't wait to post for this thing!
You should all be proud of the characters you've made <3
I'm winning at life!

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:07 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

(Apologizes for double posting)
I think I'll use my first post to show some of the things Nirvana struggles with, so you all can get to know her better...if that makes sense?
I'm winning at life!

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:19 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

My goodness, this might be my most favorite cast among all the SBs I've joined. This is going to be fun ;)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:46 am
View Likes
trashykawa says...

I'd like to claim the last first-post.

please?
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

These replies are a little late, but oh well. :P

@EverLight, that sounds like a great plan! I can't wait to see how you introduce use to your character. <3

@PrincessInk, I totally agree. I've enjoyed other storybook casts in the past, but I think this one is something special.

And @hiraeth, sure thing!

On a slightly unrelated note, the first post is up! It takes place the night before the cast meets Arielle. All of the other posts should probably take place that night or the day before; our characters likely wouldn't be spending that much time at the agency when there's not a serious case to solve, so it lets us get more into our characters' personal lives.

Feel free to start posting your first posts now! :)
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:50 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Ah really enjoyed that post! Nathan is so shy and smol and I am already fond of him <3

I haven't started mine yet :P buuut I'm thinking about having Hawthorn have a quiet day at his parents' bookstore haha because I just wanna talk about books :wink:

98 Reviews

Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:51 am
View Likes
trashykawa says...

um... it seems Everlight has left (T_T) so who's going next?
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:32 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

I have some ideas for my post, but it might take a couple days for me to get it down since I’m fairly busy tomorrow. If anyone wants to go ahead of me that’s fine.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

373 Reviews

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:21 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I'll probably go after you @niteowl haha I was halfway through and then I realized I needed to add a conflict to this post (using this SB as a spot to practice writing 8) ) and then it's back to the drawing board! Kind of :wink:

373 Reviews

Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:47 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

How's everyone's posts going? I'm working on mine right now and discovered a layer to my character, so yay!

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:11 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Yay! Finding out new stuff for your characters is always exciting.

My post is...not going so well, honestly.

I've a question for you guys, though. Do any of your characters have secrets that weren't included in their profiles? I need to know for future reference because Razzy would be able to see the aura created by that around them in different colors depending on the type of secret and the severity of it.

If you want to leave secrets for character reveals later, you can just let me know a color based on this:

-Light grey: mundane secrets, pretty much everyone will have this if they don't have anything else. "Yes, I did take out the trash", "No, I didn't go out last weekend", that kinda thing.

-Dark grey to black: this happens when the mundane secrets pile up until they're lying about pretty much everything they do and don't do. Basically, if your character's living a double life, having an affair, consistently lying about some basic part of their life, ect., it'll look like this.

-Varying shades of pink/red: Destructive secrets. The more severe, the darker the shade. These are any secrets they keep that could be potentially harmful to someone or something. That can mean it's either something as little as them not telling anyone that they broke a glass container somewhere or something as big as them keeping their life as a member of a dangerous gang a secret, thus endangering everyone they care about in the event that that life of theirs doesn't go so well.

-Varying shades of purple: Miscellaneous, basically. Anyone keeping a secret that isn't directly dangerous to anyone or anything will likely have this. This can range from 'I have a secret pet in my no-pets apartment' to 'I have huge feathery wings sticking out of my back and I can't do anything about it'. Razzy would have this if someone with her abilities looked at her.

-Add a color if you don't think any of these fit.

Keep in mind that Razzy only sees an aura if the secret is something she doesn't already know, so the character's keeping their abilities or statuses as non-human a secret from other people won't make it appear unless they also aren't telling Razzy.

The color of the aura is also linked to how the character themselves views the secret(s), and not necessarily how things actually are. If they think it's harmless and it's actually dangerous, Razzy won't see red. That kinda thing.

Sorry this was so long.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey guys! I have a friend over so I can't really chat right now, but Jane would have a darker gray/black or a pink/red aura - I'm just trying to figure out which ones works best with her secret.
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:36 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

My character has a secret (I think) which will probably pop up in my first post. Nothing destructive or mundane. I don't know how to classify it, it's more like issues at home that he decided not to share. I suppose it's purple?

98 Reviews

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:17 am
View Likes
trashykawa says...

Uhm, I really want Seran to have a light bluish aura - that's maybe a little gray inside? Cuz being kicked out of the family and losing alexander and etc - he doesn't think about it, never ever ever; because it hurts and so and ahhh im terrible at talking about sad/sappy/depressing feelings and so is Sen, so like; any color you see fit I guess? Basically, Seran tries so very hard to not think about sad stuff. so like, he's concealing shit from himself.

So give him any color aura you see fit?
I was eleven years old
and I'd lost my mother,
and my soul.
And the crucible
gave me you.

mA

i got called an enigma once so now i purposefully act obtuse
— chikara