z

Young Writers Society

Marie Curie University of Science and Art DT

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:24 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Yeeee @AstralHunter
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:10 am
NicoleBri says...

Character posted! Can't wait to start writing! Mia needs a room mate if anyone is available.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142

46 Reviews

Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:17 pm
NicoleBri says...

@LZPianoGirl yay thank you!! :)

- Ayn Rand

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:19 pm
Nike says...

I accepted all characters. Let’s get to writing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

15 Reviews

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:22 am
HazelGrace16 says...

So I created the first event people can use as a way to meet new characters slash create character interactions with the movie event. If your character wouldnt be interested then Nike and I were planning on springing a party after the movie event which could be another event for people to meet/get the drama on!

@Nike @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX @AstralHunter @LZPianoGirl @NicoleBri
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:14 am
BrumalHunter says...

I use likes as an indicator that I've read a post, which is to say that I've caught up with the story so far!

The characters all make for a diverse and dynamic group. I haven't developed much of an opinion of Pam yet, though she's definitely sassy. Willow is sweet! Dan's waaay too friendly too soon. XD Leo and Kat have only featured once, so I don't have much to say about them either. And actually, the same goes for Josh. Jake and Oliver are exactly how I'd thought they would be after I first read their profiles. ;P

I'll write something for Kieran when I have the time. I'll probably have to check my drive to see what lectures I have on psychology, but if those are too advanced, I'll first have to message my friend and wait for her to send me her second year lectures.

What's the plan, though? More exposition until eveybody feels like their character has been introduced well enough, and then we skip to the HP event? Also, if anyone's interested in collaboration at any point, let me know and I'll schedule a time.

PS: Willow, Dan, Kieran, and Mia all have psychology together, and Kat and Jake have business studies together; everybody else is basically on their own. But by the way, how is Réne the only non-second year student in the SB? (My one physiology lecturer explained that in his experience, freshmen still cared about making a good impression, whereas sophomores just don't give a shit about anything anymore. XD) You people weren't feeling very creative with that particular section, were you? :P
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

46 Reviews

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:45 am
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

@AstralHunter I honestly didn't even realize basically all of us said they were in their second year! :o

Side note you guys are more than welcome to use Mia in your post lol I'm not to great on first posts!! :D :D :D

- Ayn Rand

142 Reviews

Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:00 am
looseleaf says...

If anyone needs to use any of my characters, feel free to. Sorry I'm a bit slow on Kate's post.

15 Reviews

Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:43 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Note from your favorite mighty SB leaders!

To answer some questions and concerns. For this SB Nike and I wanted it to be a very low key storyline. Ultimately we wanted the writers to have the freedom to post whenever they wanted without any schedules or requirements. We wanted people to post whenever they felt the story called to their characters. As of right now we’d really love to see more exposition and introductory posts, but we also understand if people need more time and storyline to do so (for example I’m doing this with Joshua cause I’m trying to see if I actually like writing for his character yet or not. I’m struggling to make him more fun to write for)
That is also another reason we wanted to start doing events like the HP event and the party because sometimes people find it easier to do their introductions in those types of settings.
In an SB like this with so many characters and opportunities for story lines it can feel as if at times it’s going a million miles an hour, and other times it can feel slow. My biggest suggestion is don’t be afraid to talk here in the dt, ask questions, and plan out some character dynamics ahead of time! I’d love to work with any of your beautiful characters and I’m open to whatever! Rivalry? Love? Friendship? Coworkers? Don’t be afraid to look outside the box

Also in regards to the college year thing, I suppose that’s a coincidence but I have no idea XD

@Nike @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX @AstralHunter @LZPianoGirl @NicoleBri

293 Reviews

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:47 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Just an update on René: I'd never used the Elverson (ey/em/eir/emself) pronouns before making zir profile, but I realised soon enough that my poor, addled mind couldn't handle working with pronouns that seem like they should get plural conjugation, but are singular instead. SO. As you might have noticed, I decided to swap to the ze/zir/zir/zirself set of pronouns instead. It's really simply to use, actually! You treat it exactly the same as she/her/her/herself, so it shouldn't be too confusing, despite being a neopronoun. It might feel a bit odd at first, like you're constantly repeating a person's name, but it gets better with time, I promise.

Also, I only have some second year psychology stuff in my native language, but they're assigned essays and such by students (you don't always look at all the things people send you, okay? XD), so I've asked a friend if she saved her lectures. Almost all of you have a character doing psychology, so I figured you'd be interested in seeing some actual psychology notes.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:53 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

@AstralHunter you do you sis. We are just here to collaboratively write a story. We recommend disclosing character details in the character profile. If you have any questions or ideas feel free to share them in the DT. If all is well— then write in the SB. We don’t need all this information really. And it’s very nice that you want to include psychology notes and want to put your characters in a psychology course... but you realize you don’t have to right? We chose what studies best fit our characters. It is a coincidence that most are psychology majors. You choose what fits your characters and something that you’ll actually enjoy writing about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

293 Reviews

Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:59 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Don't worry, I edited the character profile before posting here. And yes, I'm quite aware that it's not needed! In fact, there are a great many things one doesn't need when telling a story, but that doesn't mean they're not nice to have. ;)
— Paul the Apostle

15 Reviews

Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:56 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

How’s everyone doing?

142 Reviews

Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:32 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

@HazelGrace16 - I'm doing OK! I had Kate's SB post halfway done until someone in the write-in deleted my work (while I was offline), so I have to restart! I promise it will be soon though.

#longlivebigbrother
— alliyah