z

Young Writers Society

Marie Curie University of Science and Art DT

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:01 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Sounds good! @TheForgottenKing
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:02 am
NicoleBri says...

Y'all, Do. Not. Hate. Me! A lot has been going on in my life! Now I must catch up on reading posts and freaking finish mine! @Nike I'm sorryyyyyy!!! <3
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:11 am
Nike says...

@NicoleBri you good love no worries I'm struggling to write as well. I am not quitting we csn make thus work\k with our busy lives. Feel free to use my characters everyone!
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

15 Reviews

Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:37 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Fairly quick post for Sebastian. I introduced Leanna a bit in the post to help people get a feel for her. I'm gonna try to make a into post for her in the next few days
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:07 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Aaaand done catching up with the posts so far!

@AlmondEyes Honestly... your post was fine? Like really, it showed Contessa, she met René, they had a fun dialogue. I think the main issue was a few words missing in random sentences, but pff, I've had to edit my post a few times because it happens to me too XD

@NicoleBri Basically, what @Nike said! We all have life hitting us at some point — heck, not too long ago I was in a hospital, and I'm not done recovering.

@HazelGrace16 Thanks for giving us a feel for Leanna! Oh, and before I forget: should I send you another PM? Since you didn't reply to my last one, I assumed you couldn't. I just wanna make sure it doesn't bother you, don't worry!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:58 pm
BrumalHunter says...

On January 30th, AstralHunter wrote:As for Joshua, I've thought about him a bit more and came up with some ideas already! What especially jumped out at me when I reread his profile is how he presents the appearance of being wealthy. Add to that how he rarely befriends people on a personal level and keeps his emotions to himself, yet feels very deeply, and I think it'd be an awesome opportunity to have him become actual friends with Kieran (who's even-tempered about everything anyway)! If nothing else, they're both "rich" and quite popular, so it would make sense for them to move in the same circle.

@HazelGrace16, did you forget about this? I used both Joshua and his roommate in my post; in fact, I even tagged you to ask you for feedback, though I double-checked just now and realised you never gave any acknowledgement.

What's the point in asking whether people want to collaborate and if they're fine with things if you're just going to do what you want to anyway? I wouldn't have taken over Joshua as an MC, since I already have two, but you can change ownership of CPs to "NPC" for ones who are still in use, but don't get posts of their own. I suppose I'll just write him off, then.

Leanna's a lovely character and I like her quite a bit, but I'm rather miffed at the moment, so I'll comment on her later in the week.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

15 Reviews

Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:41 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Astral I mentioned before that I was stopping work for Joshua. I apologize if you feel offended or upset for writing his character into your post for “no reason”, but I did let you know before you wrote the post my feelings on the character. You chose to write regardless and I said that was okay and I’d wait and see. I will try to be better by acknowledging things in the future. I have gotten into the habit of viewing posts in the DT and assuming they don’t need direct responses. I would also appreciate you taking these concerns to PM instead of calling me out publicly in the DT.
Nike and I have established from the beginning that this is supposed to be a low-key SB and is just supposed to be a fun creative outlet where writers don’t need to worry about technicalities and perfection. Posts and writers should not be corrected or critiqued unless it was requested by the writer in question or greatly affects your character and disrupts the story line you are creating. In my opinion that simple conversation did not. If you have issues with that then I apologize, but I don’t expect to change that tone anytime soon. Be kind to your fellow writers. Not accusatory with guilt in mind. We all have lives. So be mindful of how you approach these situations in the future.

@AstralHunter

267 Reviews

Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:20 am
Nike says...

I just want to point out a few things.

One: This is a fun SB. I do not want to see any posts on the SB/DT looking like a review of a post. No saying 'Oh they misspelled!' or the similar. This is a creative outlet space. We are writing to break free from everyday life and to write.

Two: Please, please, and I can't stress this enough, try to read all the posts even if you aren't included. You might see an event your character(s) can go to, or the time of day-- what day it is. Or you may see that characters are already somewhere else, or getting together with someone else. It may mess up the story line if you don't read and add your own plot to a plot that's already happening. It just causes confusions. Trust I was a suspect to this act a whole lot, I'd not read and then be like damn, something else is happening and I messed it up.

Three: If you are writing with someone, DM them. If you can't get a hold of them, try to say in the DT 'hey can you read my DM please?'

Four: I hate hate HATE it when I see someone comments about each individual post in the SB! This isn't the point, we are not reviewing the posts. We are writing together. Also, no God-moding! I see it! Stop it! We aren't God, thanks. Your characters aren't perfect and that's how it should be. Do not think you should review each persons' post and comment on what they are like-- you don't know and it's just rude.

I'd like to point out that this mostly goes out to @AstralHunter and @TinkerTwaggy

Sorry dudes, but it's not great. We like that you're here, but we'd appreciate the same respect we give you. Thank you!

40 Reviews

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:16 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Huh. Well, I guess it's nice to be included. Let's dive in!

@Nike
I: No post here has looked like a review of a post, though. And I know you're referring to the several posts in which Astral, Hazel and I briefly commented on a post we've read, but that's not what a review is. A review is an extensive constructive criticism about a writing piece designed to help the writer of the said piece to, well, improve his writing.

When Astral mentioned things he liked about the posts he read, he didn't say anything particularly constructive or negative in relation to grammar or story progression or stylistic issues the likes.
When I commented on his, I was... mostly just happy to have caught up, so, I just returned the favor; same for the three other posts on page 2.
And when Hazel said she liked my post, she didn't do anything wrong either. She just noticed that it was fun to her and that Lei and Seb could potentially become game buddies. We've been trying to organize a collab ever since, and it's been fun so far!
...Oh, yeah, speakin' of which:

@HazelGrace16 Thank you for replying to my PM! as promised when collabing with Seb I'll keep things simple. Do warn me if something bothers you a bit, though, since we both know I can write on the long side XD

II: "Please, please, and I can't stress this enough, try to read all the posts even if you aren't included." See, that's the thing. That's exactly what the DT comments are for: to showcase that people do, in fact, read all the posts even if they're not included. Because how else would it be possible to say "I liked this or that event!" if you hadn't read it? It's also why I personally Like all the posts I read: to visually showcase my progress as I catch up. So, I'm not sure who you're aiming at with that line, but that certainly doesn't concern me. I posted once, introduced my character, showed what kind of interactions she could have and then she joined the Harry Potter event. Meaning that anyone, right now, can interact with her if they want to. I even said so in the DT, and that's why Hazel and I are currently trying to set up something.
The plot was to get the characters together to the Harry Potter event. Pretty much every person in the SB did that.

III: ...Yes. That is exactly what I've done with Hazel, and she replied to me in DM as soon as I poked her (told me she was busy, which yeah, is fine!). AlmondEyes and Astral, as far as I've seen from the DT messages, have done the same. If they didn't, they can correct me, but eh, that's just the impression I got.

IV: Please keep your personal, completely subjective feelings away from the behavior of others, because not everyone has to "hate when they see someone comments about each individual post in the SB". I was happy to do it, I was happy to catch up, and I'm happy to comment on them because I think it's fun. It's completely subjective from my part, but I don't complain about anyone's fun here, because it's not anyone's place to do so.
Take AlmondEyes, for example: after I read her post, I saw the little Spoiler thing in which she said that her post is probably "garbage". I read it and was satisfied to say that no, it... isn't. I thought that maybe she thought she rushed it or something, so I just stated what one problem with it could be, then immediately related by saying "pff, I've had to edit my post a few times because it happens to me too XD" ← AKA, it happens to anyone.
If you don't like doing that, fine! But I do. I like supporting people, I like telling them their writing isn't garbage, so I will continue to do it, as it is an integral part of my character. Deal with it, just as I'll deal with whatever your habits are as a person.

This has nothing to do with religion either, so, I'm not even sure why you bring God up. As for the characters not being perfect, that makes me wonder if you read the posts you weren't in. There is not a single character in this SB so far that has been portrayed as perfect. I'm not even defending myself here: I've read all the posts, there's no guilty party. And if you mostly directed this at Astral and me, well I'll let Astral defend himself, but in my case, my character is literally fighting against her own egotism, and trying to hang out with an NPC I created (because you know, it would be weird if our characters were the only characters we interacted with; this is a school, after all) to showcase her flaws. Namely, the fact that Lei accidentally flirted with a girl she just wanted to be nice to. She also arrived WAY earlier than anyone else in the event, which shows another one of her flaws: she doesn't time things well.

That being said, please remove that "we" when you're speaking on behalf of yourself, and for reasons that are just as questionable as the imperfect beings we all are. I did give respect to people here, but obviously, your idea of respect differs from mine, and things that are completely normal to me might appear different in your eyes; and vice versa. Please keep that in mind when you deal with people that aren't you.
Thanks!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

Reviews: 0
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:23 pm
View Likes
TheForgottenKing says...

LOL
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

267 Reviews

Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:45 pm
Nike says...

@TinkerTwaggy thank you for responding. You didn’t quite get the meaning of my post at all but it’s all okay. God moding is a writing term has nothing to do with religion. I don’t really need to point out anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 Reviews

Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:55 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Nike Eh, I'd rather say that you weren't clear at all. I understood your post just fine, but you didn't say "god-modding". You didn't say: "I accuse you of god-modding." You said: "We aren't God, thanks." That's not the writing term, that's accusing someone of playing God, which is most definitely irrelevant to this setting we're in. If you wanted me to understand "god-modding", why... didn't you just say that? I didn't even do that, either, since I didn't take control of anyone's character besides my own and an NPC. I moved Lei from an apartment, then to school, then to the plot-relevant HP event. I'd like to know how that is god-modding, please.

Similarly: "I’ve seen posts here describing characters incorrectly... like someone described someone else’s character just because and it was wrong and offensive." Okay. But could you perhaps quote examples of what you mean? Because I've not done that (I've explained what I've done, so, we're fine there), and neither did Astral, Hazel, or anyone else. Nobody here was being "wrong" and "offensive" until Astral's blunt line to Hazel, but again, I'll let him defend himself because my case is completely unrelated to that. The point is, since we view things differently I'm really interested to see what you're referring to! That way, it can be clarified.

So, yeah! Quote away. And hey, you're welcome for the response! That is what I do.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

40 Reviews

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:11 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Ah, I see you've edited your post as well and removed: "I’ve seen posts here describing characters incorrectly... like someone described someone else’s character just because and it was wrong and offensive. I’ve never experienced this kind of behavior in any other SB. and all I’ve said in my previous post is what I felt about it. This is all a shock to me."

If you don't need to point out anything else, then please make sure you clearly use the writing term "god-modding." whenever you need to, as that'll make things much clearer. I've been in enough SBs to know the difference between "god-modding" and "we aren't God.", which is why I responded the way I did.

Enjoy your day♪

Reviews: 0
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:16 pm
View Likes
TheForgottenKing says...

Lmfao
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

40 Reviews

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:33 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh hey, you made a new edit! Guess I'll respond to it, then.

"Also, no God-moding! I see it! Stop it! We aren't God, thanks. Your characters aren't perfect and that's how it should be. Do not think you should review each persons' post and comment on what they are like-- you don't know and it's just rude."
Much better! Thanks for taking my advice.

@Nike Could you clarify what you mean, please? Where's the god-modding? You said you could see it, so, could you quote to me which part of my post constitutes god-modding? I kinda can't fix it if you don't tell me where you think it is, and if it's not there, I can point it out and all ends well.
For the rest, I've already addressed I'm not reviewing anything, so, no need to repeat myself there.

Journeys end in lovers' meeting.
— William Shakespeare