Young Writers Society

Second Chances [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:25 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sure thing, @Awru! I just added you to the cast list in the actual storybook - which means this storybook now has a full cast.

I'm not sure if you've ever been in any storybooks before, but right now you need to make a character profile for your character using the template I provided on the first page of the DT. Once you submit the character and I approve it, you can start writing your first post.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:28 pm
View Likes
Awru says...

Yeah i am in a stoybook Children of the Sky. Ok so is there a time limit to when i sumit the CP. Also is manipulating hot air ok or is that overpowering.
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

There isn't a time limit, but it would be great if you can get one up sooner rather than later - as well as your first post. I'm not sure if you've looked through this thread already, but we're planning a big day for all of us to write together, so it would be great if you're all caught up by then.

And manipulating hot air sounds like a great power! I'm definitely down for your character having that.
mage

queer and here.

67 Reviews

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:15 am
View Likes
Awru says...

Okey than i will work on it as soon as possible :D
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky

67 Reviews

Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:55 pm
View Likes
Awru says...

Also wanted to ask ya all A mature yet cool 19 year old boy would be better or a 15 year old sassy, typical,immature girl will be better. I know the latter is tempting :p
Spoiler! :
@Magestorrow, @Liberty, @TheMulticoloredCyr, @Dilbert64, @fraey, @HazelGrace16
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:02 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

They both sound great! Whatever one you think would be woek best for you -- go for it!
*insert quirky signature here*

67 Reviews

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:15 pm
View Likes
Awru says...

Thats exactly what i cant decide D:
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The boy sounds great personality-wise! The girl would also be fun, but more of the appeal there would probably be that she's younger than the majority of the characters.
mage

queer and here.

67 Reviews

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:21 pm
View Likes
Awru says...

Yep the grl is more appealing but the boy would be relevant since all the other characters are either 19 or plus
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:10 pm
View Likes
Dilbert64 says...

The girl could probably introduce a new dynamic to the group, being younger and all. Since, you're more enthusiastic about the girl, them you'd have more fun role playing as her too.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:51 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Second Chances

Arc I: Only the Good Die Young

Challenged Adventurers

@Magestorrow, @Dilbert64, @fraey, @TheMulticoloredCyr and @Liberty.

The Challenge

As with the beginning of any story, the goal for the beginning of our story is to introduce the reader to our cast of characters. In the case of this storybook, understanding a character's death will help the reader understand the character. You'll want to focus on anything related to them dying: how they died, when they died and where they died are some of the main things that should be brought up, but it's also important to understand how their life has been impacted by their death – even if the story is just beginning.

Completion Time

September 24th, 2019

Credits Awarded

You can get one point for posting, and another point if your post is over five hundred words. You can get one point for doing each of the following things in your post for a grand total of four points.

1. Mention how your character died.

2. Mention when your character died.

3. Mention where your character died.

4. Have your character discover their special ability.

You can get up to six points for this challenge!

Challenges expire — except when they don't. Will this challenge see the expected fate, or is there a twist not yet seen??? O_o
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:02 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm sorry for dropping the ball on this storybook. Coordinating a write-in for all of us might end up being more trouble than its worth, so I'm going to try my hand at writing a new post first. <3

In the meantime, @HazelGrace16 can write up her post, and @Awru can make her character and first post.

(Thanks for taking care of that challenge, by the way, @AstralHunter - I guess I'll just have to make a new one!)
mage

queer and here.

67 Reviews

Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:18 pm
View Likes
Awru says...

I feel like such a horrible person for still not submitting my CP. I am sooooooooo sorry mage(yeah am gonna call u dat its a habit). You have alll right to banish me from Arium. I am feeling so bad right now but honestly I have been sooooo busy with school and my mom has forbidden to focus on anything else but studies cuz i have such a bad case of hyperactive imagination. Once i begin imagining then i am so gonna flow with it and probably hit rock. I am just really sorry. I have thought everything out but cant just assemble and type it. I hope u forgive me :(
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says
To the Earth
"You owe me"
Look
What happens
With a Love like that
It lights the
Whole
Sky

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Awru, I apologize for not replying to your comment sooner - I really should have.

I totally understand if you're too busy to join the storybook like you wanted to. <3 Life happens! If you want to join this storybook still, or want to join it later when your schoolwork has died down, there will always be a spot for you here. :)

Since @HazelGrace16 hasn't posted in the DT or SB in awhile, I think we'll move ahead with the storybook. I was originally thinking having a major writing party in a pad would be the best way to tackle the next post, but I'm starting to realize that it might be easier for me to write it on my own - I think I have a good starting grasp on everyone's characters, and then there's no need to coordinate schedules.

I'll hopefully have a post up soon!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:36 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Soon is apparently a little less than two hours. :P

I don't have any specific plans hashed out for this round of posts, but I was thinking we could use it to have our characters finally team up. For now, it's probably a good idea for Val or Sasha to comment on Emi's comment about being dead/not-dead, since they would have been close enough to hear that. :)
mage

queer and here.

Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar