z

Young Writers Society

Pokémon: New Horizon OOC

How common do you think Restored Pokémon should be?

Extinct; they should still only be fossils.
No votes
Currently exctinct; research on restoring them should still be in its early phases.
No votes
Extremely rare; research on restoring them should be in its late phases.
No votes
Very rare; some should have been restored already, but very few trainers know about this.
29%
Rare; most should be restored already, but not many trainers know about this and very few trainers actually own any.
29%
Uncommon; all of them should be restored already, and though many trainers know about them, few actually own any.
43%
Common; all of them should be restored already, and not only do all trainers know about them, but some also own one or more.
No votes
Extremely common; everybody knows about them and nobody is really surprised to encounter one.
No votes

Total votes : 7

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:32 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@JabberHut No worries! Happy New Year! We shall help that Clefable in your meme image reach space! In the form of potential written collaboration!

Please observe this helpful tutorial on how to reach the Blue Moon!

phpBB [media]
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

40 Reviews

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:23 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I am double-posting for the sake of announcing two things!

A: that I have posted,

B: to confirm that this post has been approved and co-created by both Astral and Kele's creator, Featherstone. I'll be co-managing Kele and posting for Feather's sake at her request, so, no worries! It's still her. And like, I'm just a bombastic puppet held by really cool bird strings.

Anyway, enjoy the post!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:27 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

All right, people! Kele's post is finally up! It's a pity Fea couldn't submit it herself, but she did help write it (or least approve of the content). For now, she's away being an awesome bird-nerd, so we'll hear from her again upon her return!

@TinkerTwaggy, I'm just glad the wait's over. Almost four months? Oof.

The time for the poll has elapsed (not really, but I'm calling it). Our winner for the alternative starter triad is Water/Ground/Electric! I find that to be a very surprising victory. I'd have thought either of the runners-up, Psychic/Fighting/Dark and Steel/Fairy/Fighting, would triumph! It just goes to show you why you never underestimate dark horses. :P

...If only there was an actual Dark type horse. Alas.

Anyway, the next poll is actually related to the SB. Each of the options represents an option available to the characters for how they want to board the cruise ship. See, they'll gather at the piers and be ferried to the ship, essentially, but since said ship doesn't have a convenient walkway (that's kind of way you dock at a harbour), they'll need to get creative! You can pick which method your character would pick or which one you would pick, but let's not kid ourselves — would there be much difference? ;)

Hmm, since I have two characters, though, I'll give everyone two votes! That means you can do both, if you and your avatar character would pick different choices. If not, then you can just pick your second favourite. :D

Whoever wants to post next, let me know. I'll have to write some stuff to include in your post and give you guidance on how to include it.

EDIT: Tort beat me to the punch, but I'm too lazy to change anything in my post, so have a double announcement. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:09 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

That new post looks really good! But I don’t think the new poll has been inputted yet <.<
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

293 Reviews

Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:04 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

SORRY! @fraey, that has been rectified! I logged off without realising I hadn't made the new poll.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:25 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Okay if riding on an arcanine wins y'all have got to let me write the boarding scene. Let's get another dog vs cats altercation in there.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:29 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Oh! Just to be clear, all of those are actually options. There's an Arcanine, an Altaria, a Magnezone, a Machamp, and a Reuniclus! All participants also have the option to board using one of their own Pokémon, if they wanted to.

However, I fully support the feline-canine altercation! I'll get in touch with you soon. ^_^
— Paul the Apostle

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:36 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Well that didn't take me an entire quarter to write.

Anyways, I hope I put us in a spot where a lot of the characters are sort of together, even if I maybe didn't mention everyone. Take your pick I guess?
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

40 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:01 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I don't think any of us here are in any position to judge you, so, that is fine XD

On to reading!

293 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:38 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Ventomology, it was a joy getting to watch you write that post. The Arcanine's reaction to Whisk was perfect! I've missed your writing so damn much. XD

But all right, everyone, that concludes our poll and initiates the new round of posting! Arcanine wins, while Altaria shares second place with people wanting to use their own Pokémon to board. You're all free to write your character's boarding if you want to, but otherwise, we'll focus on character interactions! This is a fantastic opportunity to collaborate, so I hope we all get to do just that! You can jump around in time if you like, so everyone needs to pay attention to avoid continuity errors. ;)

Just in case it wasn't clear, the participants have the most lavish cabins on the Queen Anne, but since every cabin is lavish, there is a large number of spectators on board who paid through the nose to tag along on the journey; they're the fanclub, essentially. They'll cheer as each trainer boards, and the whole thing is being livestreamed. Once all trainers have boarded, the ship will sail a bit farther out to sea and everyone will be allowed to do what they like until dinner that evening.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:43 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

All right, everyone! I've decided to base the Queen Anne off the Queen Mary 2, so here is the plan to the aforementioned cruiseship:
~ https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Queen-Mary-2-721

The ninth deck, which contains the queen-sized rooms, is where the participants will be staying. The Queen Anne won't look exactly like this, so use the plan as a guide. Do note that Ezra and Penelope (and some other very important peeps) will be occupying the duplex and penthouse suites on that deck.

Also keep in mind that the Queen Anne has an entire deck (this is also the term for a "floor", if that wasn't clear yet) dedicated to arenas. There'll be a grand arena that can accommodate all the passengers, but also smaller arenas for informal battles.

Now, the other reason I'm writing this post is because you'll all help me make NPCs for the storybook! After all, there are 64 in total, and there are only 17 so far. There needs to be a balance among the continental regions of the world and the types of trainer participating, so I'll dictate some requirements for your NPCs.

Our current stats are as follows:
Regions — Europe: 6; Asia: 2; Africa: 3; N-America: 4; S-America: 0; Oceania: 1
Classes — Trainers: 8; Coordinators: 2; Breeders: 5

That means we have a desperate need for South Americans, Oceanians, and Coordinators, while more Asians and Africans are also underrepresented. If you can make characters that fall in one of these categories, please do!

The following people are to make the following character types, though you may make additional NPCs if you feel like it (there is more than enough room for them!):
• @AstralHunter — an Indonesian NPC
@Featherstone — a S. American and an African NPC (at least one Coordinator)
• @fraey — an Eastern European NPC and a non-N. American NPC
@JabberHut — two non-N. American, non-European NPCs (at least one Coordinator)
@ScarlettFire — two Irish NPCs
@TheSilverFox — two non-N. American, non-European NPCs (at least one Coordinator)
@TinkerTwaggy — a Japanese and a Brazillian NPC (at least one Coordinator)
@Ventomology — two Asian NPCs

Please put your NPCs in the pad, linked below, underneath your MCs. I require from everyone a:
• full name
• trainer class
• nationality
• gender, if not obvious from the name (non-binary NPCs are welcomed!)
• starting Pokémon (future ones are optional) — NB: remember the rules for choosing starting Pokémon
• some quirk or background fact that will help indicate why they were chosen to participate; do remember that all participants must have passed the qualifying battle rounds, so nobody's incapable of battling and winning

If you have any questions, please ask them! I respond the quickest on Discord, but I'll get back to you soon if you post in the DT or send me a PM instead. Here's the pad's link:
~ https://astralhunter.writerfeedpad.com/14
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Wed May 13, 2020 8:16 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Good timezooone, ladies and gentlemutants♪
too much X-men, always wanted to say that

So, I'll deliver a copy-pasted Shadow Clone'd announcement about dropping out from essentially all my SBs! Reason for that is health-related. We're on YWS, so, I always avoid going into too much details, but let's just say I'm, uh, stuck in a country that's not my own with hopes of going back to a safer place getting... thinner?
...Really no way to soften that blow, huh...

But yes, that means I know I'll have little to zero focus here as a result ('cept for stuff like workshops, to be fair), and given that I'm already notoriously slow, I'd rather not keep that around for everyone's sake.

Ah, yes: I'll also be gradually deleting all my character profiles! Aaaand also my literature works — yeah I'm basically packing up. reasons for that are... mostly focus and ADD-related, as I do have a tendency to look for an escape when in dire situations.
And writing's one heck of a convenient escape.
Not to worry, though! I'll do the same for my posts, which should make it easier for everyone to edit my characters out. I, uh, don't think I'll have time to write them out, which is honestly what I'd prefer doing, but teleportation's also fine in such cases, I suppose

Aaaanyway, take care! I'll, uh, try to survive, in the meantime. I wish this was less literal.

Y'all stay safe, out there!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:39 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Finally posted! Yay for WFP being back!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

293 Reviews

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:54 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Ah, that's excellent news, Scarlett!

And speaking of news, everyone, I have yet more! I recently spoke to Tortwag and convinced him to resubmit his posts and character profiles for Heitor and Emma/Transimission! There's a condition attached, though: they're to be written out of the story as soon and as abruptly as possible. He conceded two future mentions of each for continuity's sake, but I'll probably claim the two for Heitor and give the two for Emma to @JabberHut.

Additionally, @Featherstone said that he'll still be participating in the storybook, but will also still be needing Tort's assistance in writing for Kele. So, don't be surprised when you see Tort post after all — it's not for any of his specific characters. He agreed to continue making NPCs too, so he might also occasionally appear in the pad.

And that's all for now! I don't have a new poll up yet, but I'm working on a post for Connor (which I must submit by tomorrow's end), so I'll come up with one soon. Also a new SB challenge! (Scarlett, you'll automatically earn credits for it if your post qualifies.)

Otherwise, how's everyone still doing? I've heard from most of you in the server, but I do realise not everyone checks it very frequently. I know Omnom's officially out of the SB (feel free to use his character as you please, I suppose!), but are you still with us, @sheyren? (It's never too late to write an intro post! ;P)
— Paul the Apostle

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:13 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

I think I'm gonna have to back out of this one. (As if you could even say I was really in it with my inactivity haha.) I would love to SB with you all, but I don't think at this point this is the storybook for it.

Love is so short, forgetting is so long.
— Pablo Neruda