z

Young Writers Society

Pokémon: New Horizon OOC

How common do you think Restored Pokémon should be?

Extinct; they should still only be fossils.
No votes
Currently exctinct; research on restoring them should still be in its early phases.
No votes
Extremely rare; research on restoring them should be in its late phases.
No votes
Very rare; some should have been restored already, but very few trainers know about this.
29%
Rare; most should be restored already, but not many trainers know about this and very few trainers actually own any.
29%
Uncommon; all of them should be restored already, and though many trainers know about them, few actually own any.
43%
Common; all of them should be restored already, and not only do all trainers know about them, but some also own one or more.
No votes
Extremely common; everybody knows about them and nobody is really surprised to encounter one.
No votes

Total votes : 7

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:59 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Welcome, reader! I invite you to join the first Pokémon storybook that will place equal emphasis on Trainers, Coordinators, and Breeders alike!

The opening post was intended to draw your attention, but before you make your final decision, here is some more information. Our characters will travel to twelve different cities — Vancouver, San Francisco, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, Cape Town, Alexandria, Rome, Dubai, Mumbai, Seoul, Singapore, and Perth, in that order — and participate in a variety of events to determine who will be the champion of each trainer class! There will be abundant opportunities for adventuring along the way, so everyone ought to find an aspect that suits their fancy.

Your character must fall within the age range of eighteen to twenty-one for the majority of the storybook and may carry only up to three Pokémon with them at the start. Only one may be unevolvable and none may have evolved more than once; keep them as unevolved as you can. There is no limit to the number of Pokémon your character may catch during the story, nor is there a limit to how many they may carry at a given time, but they may own no more than one Pseudo-Legendary. Pokémon they already own but weren't allowed to take along at the start may be retrieved at indicated points in the plot.

You are allowed to have and write for two characters in total, but may introduce as many NPCs as you like, within discretion. (I shall keep a list of all NPCs and their Pokémon, as there is ultimately a finite number of participants.) Consult and collaborate with your fellow writers as far as possible, since we want everyone to enjoy the experience — and frankly, nailing the portrayal of other people's characters is haaard...

I look forward to writing with you! We shan't be able to catch 'em all, but we can certainly try to understand the power that's inside!

Spoiler! :
I regret none of my jokes.

PS: There's a Discord server, if you're interested in joining! If not, don't worry. All essential information will still be communicated in the DT. And there's also a pad!

Additionally, the code box below contains the code to be used for post headers. Your character's name and post's title should always be in, but the chapter or act title need only be included if you make the first post for one or both of them (in which case I'll send you the title privately).

Code: Select all
[center][b][small-caps][size=200]Act X: Act Title[/size]
[size=150]Chapter #: Chapter Title[/size][/small-caps]

[size=120]Character Name[/size]
Scene [x]: Post Title[/b][/center]

Post text.

Code: Select all
Text

[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/588058455093542941/618773254034817027/Pokemon_New_Horizon_Loading_Screen.gif[/img][/center]
Text.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:28 am
View Likes
Omni says...

WOO! I'm so excited! @AstralHunter how much would you say the Ability affects the Pokemon? Because I'm not sure what abilities to go for my Pokemon xD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:37 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Omnom Though this kinda depends on if Astral decides for us to keep the usual ability system or not, you can legit just go to bulbapedia and choose based on any of the two base abilities your 'mons can have! (The hidden one's for special occasions or encounters)

For example, Corrick has a Togepi, right? Is he the type to just go for an all-out physical assault? If so, well Hustle is one of the two abilities Togepi can have, and it boosts its attack by 50%. Their accuracy drops by 20%, though.
But is Corrick the type to, instead, go for special effects, like how Air Slash is a move that has a chance to create fear, AKA stun an opponent for one turn? Good, because Serene Grace is the second ability Togepi can have, and it doubles the chance of a move having an additional effect. Like, say, Air Slash, causing fear.

Or you can go random and have the ability to be independent of your character's strategy, then have Corrick adapt himself to whatever his 'mons have as he learns to handle them over time! You don't really have to plan anything ahead, just choose the ability based on whatever sounds cooler to you, for the story's sake or for a battle's sake. Hope that helps!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:20 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

wait this looks so fun. Is it okay to join without any prior knowledge of Pokemon (like literally NONE. I only know about Pikachu xDD)?
always daydreaming, always clumsy

293 Reviews

Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:53 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Yas, there be interested peeps! Let's pretend I haven't done any recruitment and let me be excited, okay? XD

@Omnom, the abilities will have an indirect effect on personality in most cases, but where justifiable, they can have a direct effect instead. If we're following @TinkerTwaggy's useful example, then Corrick's Togepi could either have a personality that's largely unaffected by its ability, or be more rash and daring (because of Hustle) or calm and rational (because of Serene Grace) as a result. There is no fixed rule for this, so you can ultimately do what you please! (For example, a Gyarados with Intimidate could be the friendliest sea serpent in the world.)

@PrincessInk, if you want to join, you're perfectly welcome to! This storybook is open to everyone and I'd be more than happy to help you out with the Pokémon-related stuff. You can also ask any of the other Pokémon fans in the cast for assistance, which I'm sure they'll gladly give. I've edited in a link to my Discord server, in case you're interested.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:37 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@PrincessInk As Astral said, yeah it's open to anyone! If you have literally any question, from what Pokémpn you want to know about to how the heck does battle work, how to take care of them or "items, what are those", please ask! I've helped beginners before, Astral has as well and we're not the only ones!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:36 pm
View Likes
Dilbert64 says...

Hi! I was wondering if I could join?

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:48 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

hunter I hope you know nathan will be riding his bike indoors at some point. :P
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:37 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

This sounds very fun and I love Pokemon stuff XD I'd love to join.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:00 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Ok thanks Astral and Twaggy!! I'm in! It sounds so fun :D
always daydreaming, always clumsy

293 Reviews

Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:35 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Dilbert64 and @fraey, you're both welcome to join! If either of you have any questions, feel free to ask them and I'll answer as quickly as possible. If somebody else is around and I'm not, however (such as in the Discord server), I'm sure some of the other participants would be willing to render assistance.

@TheSilverFox, then Nathan will learn the same harsh lesson as Blue. ;)
Spoiler! :
— Paul the Apostle

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:58 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Cat team here we come
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:06 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

@AstralHunter please tell me that is an actual thing that happened in that series because loooool
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

293 Reviews

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:43 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

It looks like it's the case! XD

Err, @TinkerTwaggy, since I haven't watched Origins yet, what's the verdict?
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:37 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter Green (because Origins uses Blue's original name, but that info's for Silver, since you already know) totally gets wasted, but no, not for trying to ride his bicycle indoors, unfortunately. XD

He just came under a nasty case of Mewtwo. Ah, who doesn't speak, because Mewtwo from Movie 1 is massively overplayed.

Poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just don't get - and never would get.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe