z

Young Writers Society

Pokémon: New Horizon OOC

How common do you think Restored Pokémon should be?

Extinct; they should still only be fossils.
No votes
Currently exctinct; research on restoring them should still be in its early phases.
No votes
Extremely rare; research on restoring them should be in its late phases.
No votes
Very rare; some should have been restored already, but very few trainers know about this.
29%
Rare; most should be restored already, but not many trainers know about this and very few trainers actually own any.
29%
Uncommon; all of them should be restored already, and though many trainers know about them, few actually own any.
43%
Common; all of them should be restored already, and not only do all trainers know about them, but some also own one or more.
No votes
Extremely common; everybody knows about them and nobody is really surprised to encounter one.
No votes

Total votes : 7

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:10 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Posted, finally! And yes, that word count is insane. My post is only half that XD
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:16 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

But the three of us did manage to write that post in the space of a couple hours, which is impressive for approximately 3800 words. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:19 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

That’s true xD

293 Reviews

Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:18 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@TheSilverFox, that post was heart-warming! <3

The entire thing, from Nathan hiding in the library to his conversation with Peony out on the sundeck, was moving and amusing (though usually not at the same time). Nathan just needs a hug, but having said that, it's interesting how he chose to converse with an aloof individual first. I can't wait to see more of him!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:00 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@AstralHunter, @Featherstone, @fraey, @JabberHut,
@Omnom, @ScarlettFire, @Sheyren, @TheSilverFox,
@TinkerTwaggy, @Ventomology

Act I, Chapter 1
A Warm Welcome

The Challenge

Our characters have arrived in Vancouver! Few countries could offer a warmer welcome than Canada, and given the city's temperate climate, I don't even mean that ironically. The Royal Vancouver Yacht Club will serve as the meeting place for all the participants of The New Horizon Tournament, but it's no ordinary affair: all those attending must be preset in formal wear! There is no event as of yet, so greet and meet as many people and Pokémon as you can!

Credits Awarded

Completing any of the following objectives will earn you a credit, and if your post is longer than 750 words, you'll earn a bonus credit. In addition, everyone will automatically earn a credit for the timely manner in which their character profiles were submitted.

1. Your character must meet at least three other characters — Ezra and Penelope, his second-in-command, count towards this number. Meeting a Pokémon instead of their trainer is also valid, but Pokémon met must be from different teams to count.

2. All our characters have their reasons for entering the tournament, so let's hear them! Have your character reveal this reason to another character.

3. Then again, all the applicants had a reason for entering, so why did Ezra choose your character to participate? Why not reveal this reason too or instead?

4. With such a collection of diverse personalities concentrated in one place, interesting and unexpected things are bound to happen. Let your character do something that would turn heads! What qualifies for this is subjective, but it would not include standard social interactions like talking or flirting (or avoiding social interactions, for that matter).

Challenge Credits: 4
Bonus Credits: 2

All right, everyone! The challenge has expired, but let me tell you, I am proud of how many of you finished it! Even before the extension, more than half of you had posted, and that is fantastic! :D

I'll give @Featherstone, @Sheyren, and @Omnom a couple of weeks to get their posts in, but if they haven't posted by then, we'll just skip them for now. (If any of you three wants us to do that anyway, please let us know.) Whoever posts lasts in this round or first in the next one will need to write about the two hosts leading everyone to the pier to get onto boats to board the ship. If someone is eager to do that, feel free to claim the spot!

Also, we'll need a new challenge for the next round, so does anyone have any suggestions? All I have in mind is that once they reach the ship, they'll need to get onto it. And, you know, this is usually done at a harbour or a proper dock. Getting onto a huge cruise ship isn't easy when you're doing it from the ocean, so there will be a Machamp, Magnezone, Reuniclus, and Altaria to carry or levitate the participants onto the ship. Ezra will announce everyone as this happens, and the spectators, who are already on the ship, will welcome them with much applause! Ezra will then make a speech, Penelope will give everyone their keys, and they can then go to their rooms to inspect their belongings (which have already been taken there). The rest of the day is just intended for them to chill on the ship, so feel free to run any ideas by me!
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:39 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

My academic year only ends in four weeks, so this is a notification to everyone that I shan't be available much until after then. I'll still be available for discussing posts, however! @Featherstone, @Omnom, and @Sheyren, I have yet to hear anything from you three. I understand if you're busy, but if you don't talk to me, I can't know what's going on. Are you still with us?

In the meantime, I shan't abandon you all to tedium! I've created a new poll, and even if I must say so myself, it's a bit more difficult to choose three out of the eight options than when picking favourite Eeveelutions. I look forward to seeing the outcome!
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:02 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

The above-mentioned academic year? DONE. I'm back in my full capacity once more! :D

Now, people, please tell me why there are only eleven votes on the poll? I know I voted and I know @TinkerTwaggy and @fraey probably voted. What excuses do the rest of you have? You can do better than that! :P

Now, news-wise, a post for Kele is nearly finished. Tort and @Featherstone have written most of it already, so I just need to collaborate with them for Ezra's and Penelope's speech, and then we'll proceed with the next round of posts! @Ventomology already has dibs on the first post after that, but once she's done, everyone else can go. I'll share more information on my plans for then once the next post is up.

Since I'm at it, rolecall, everyone! Tagging those who have yet to be: @JabberHut, @Omnom, @ScarlettFire, @Sheyren, @TheSilverFox
— Paul the Apostle

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:59 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

I am very happy that school is over for you, @AstralHunter! I’ve got about three weeks for my semester to end, so exciting and nerve racking times ahead for me.

I’ve been really looking forward to to seeing when this storybook would come back alive so hopefully once posts start coming back again I can start writing up one of my own. ^^

And I have definitely voted lol. All of these combinations sound really interesting, but the Psychic/Fighting/Dark is really intriguing with which groups of Pokémon could be considered.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:26 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

i didn't even know there was a poll. ;-;

anyways, got lots of exams in early december, but I'll be out by the 12th. And then I can finally go sleep and write things!
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

293 Reviews

Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:38 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

A very (and I mean very) quick update!

• I'm working on finishing Tort's and Feather's post for Kele.
• I found an interactive explorer of the yacht club — if only they'd made it sooner, ugh. I'll upload pictures at some point.
• There are more votes to be cast on the poll! More importantly, though, I need people to check in. As soon as you can, please. Thanks to everyone who has!

That's all for now! Happy holidays, and may I see you all in 2020! It'll be a busy year for all of us, and not just because of our personal lives. ;)
— Paul the Apostle

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:20 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

been sleeping, been writing, I'll be back in school by the 7th, rip me (I should still be able to find time to do stuff, but @Ventomology can attest to how gross my schedule is). ;-;
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:46 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Lol how is everybody btw? I can probs roll out a post in the coming week if we need a little jump start? But like, if people are too busy that's cool too.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:57 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

Heyo peeps! I’m really excited to see where this SB goes ^^

I’ve been meaning to start working on what a post with Vadim could look like, so I guess I’ll get started on that just in case posts start happening.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:04 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I LIVEEEEeee....sort of.

I think I've been waiting for someone else to post, iirc. But do let me know if you need Bryne input!

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:37 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

I'm here, but idk what's happening!

I make my own policies.

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
— Ernest Hemingway